Sat, Sep 21, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Saving Visibility Property Settings

raingod ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2017 at 9:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:54 AM

Hi - I'm not really NEW to Poser (been using it for long time) but I'm trying to make some presets that save me time. I'm trying to make a Preset that only Turns off/on the "Visible" setting of a models body part(s) in the properties tab. I don't want to change the parts position or morph settings, just make the part invisible. Tried accomplishing this by making both a custom pose and a custom material setting without luck. I know it's possible because I have pose set created by Xurge3D that hides/shows M4/V4 body parts in this matter. Trying to figure out how make custom ones for other figures. If anyone can help - that would be awesome, thanks!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2017 at 4:26 PM
Site Admin

Look at Xurge3D's pose file in a text editor. Use that as a template. I've done similar for a few figures.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

raingod ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 11:57 AM

Heh, been using Poser for well over 10 years and never edited a pose directly using a text editor. Took a few attempts of trial and error, but I got it to work! Thank you so much! I even discovered to my delight that the edited file will work on multiple figures - so long as the body part names are consistent! Thanks again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.