Wed, Oct 2, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: KitBash

incantrix ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2017 at 9:00 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has used or seen the KitBash stuff

(https://magazine.artstation.com/2017/10/kitbash3d-victorian/)

Link through Artstation which is promoting it . Downloaded their sample file last night (comes in FBX OBJ and MA) Good bit of detail in the models and came up with this very quick and nasty render from it.

kitbashtest.jpg

Not that I can afford the full kits but does look like a very indepth work gone into it.

Incantrix

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2017 at 11:44 PM

Now that has nice Gothic windows for sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

incantrix ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2017 at 9:00 AM

An Inclination to the Gothic Miss B, They do have a full Gothic kit which looks very nice but justifying the price for the usage here would be difficult, Plus loading the whole thing into blender at 2.4 million poly could be an issue as well lol. I'm considering the Victorian lite (much cheaper) and has buildings very similar to Melbourne in it. Which would be cool.

Incantrix

keppel ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2017 at 9:02 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 October 2017 at 9:03 PM

Kit Bashing is a great idea for a thread. Worthy of being a sticky as a resource.
There are lots of kit bashing sets for sale on the web but finding some quality free ones is not so easy. This one was a stand out for me - great quality and detail with 414 pieces.

Subject matter is Hard Surfaces: Hard Surface Kit Bash Pack 01.

I have some more, just need to find the links to them again.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2017 at 9:55 PM

Thank you Keppel. I just grabbed it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

incantrix ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2017 at 1:55 AM

Some really interesting pieces in that lot Keppel Have no idea what most of it is but will have fun finding a use for them.

Incantrix

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2017 at 6:10 PM
Forum Moderator

It looks ok, but the lower roof doesn't seem to be a perfect fit.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

incantrix ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2017 at 11:50 PM

TheBryster posted at 3:35PM Sun, 22 October 2017 - #4316467

It looks ok, but the lower roof doesn't seem to be a perfect fit.

Think I only spent like 20 mins to 1/2 hour putting that together so the roof plus the mouldings and pretty much everything along the corner is not right, (my bad) as these 2 pieces from I can tell were not designed to fit together directly as a corner.

Incantrix

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2017 at 5:39 PM
Forum Moderator

Incantrix, I hadn't realised you had made this. My apologies. I thought this was bought as is, in which case, nice job!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

incantrix ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2017 at 8:45 PM

Lol No worries Bryster always a pain to mesh 2 pieces together that don't go together.

Have been working on a different aspect using others from the sample set which do work better together. the sample comes as shown below and that is all that does come with it. The paid version though is massive.

ViewFBX.jpg

Incantrix

false1 ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 1:16 PM

This is fairly awesome. After checking this out I've gone down a whole rabbit hole of kit bashing YouTube videos and various products. I knew this was a thing but didn't realize it was A THING!

Here's a kit from Blendswap I downloaded a while back but haven't played with much yet (Spaceship parts and Greebles): https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/17601

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

keppel ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2017 at 7:55 AM

I'd forgotten about the Shipyard collection. If you click on the "Shipyard" tag at the bottom of the blendswap page linked to by false1 above you will find that there is also a Vol 3, 5, and 6 to download.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

false1 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2017 at 8:02 AM

That collection I linked to is so extensive I wasn't sure if it was a compilation of the others. In any case my greebles runneth over at this point. I just need to figure a workflow to start making stuff.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

tdesigns ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 12:25 PM

Could someone send me this sample kit? They no longer have it up on their website and I'd love to try it out. Thanks!

keppel ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 5:21 PM ยท edited Mon, 27 November 2017 at 5:22 PM

Try this link: http://bit.ly/sampleKB3D The page may say there is a problem with the preview but the download link is active.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

tdesigns ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 6:31 PM

keppel posted at 6:30PM Mon, 27 November 2017 - #4318748

Try this link: http://bit.ly/sampleKB3D The page may say there is a problem with the preview but the download link is active.

It worked! Thanks! I appreciate it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.