Sun, Sep 22, 1:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 1:25 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: That grab bag...

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2017 at 6:55 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

Not to sound ungrateful... far from it... but I was very disappointed to get a freebie for software I do not own... Max. And we all know that to texture an obj in Poser can be nasty. And it was a single tire, at that... :-/

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

PrestonW ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2017 at 7:13 PM

I am sorry for your inconvenience. The Grab bag assigns a product randomly so there is nothing I can do to fix that.

jakiblue ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 3:06 AM

are the grab bag products free items the vendors have made, or are they current products from their stores?

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 8:08 AM

Current products from the store, at least the two I received. Of course for a software I don't use. :-/

westore ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 2:00 PM

I wasn't necessarily expecting to get the latest product with Iray shaders or a G8F product but I got garbage. Some 10 year old "Destroyed House" that I wouldn't have bought when it was new, even if I used Poser or Lightwave. The kind of thing that used to be called a Boobie Prize. It doesn't even look like a house for (insert preference)'s sake. RPublishing probably hasn't actually sold a copy of it in years.

I mean honestly... Why give something that absolutely nobody in their right mind would be happy to get? I would have been happier without it.

Lesson Learned. Never waste time with the stupid Grab Bag again! Usual Renderosity "free" item that isn't free and then it's garbage anyway.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 2:40 PM · edited Mon, 30 October 2017 at 2:41 PM

Of the four grab bags I received I can find a use for 2 of them. One is an outfit for G3, but not my style (I might use pieces of it though so not a complete wash) the other is an older texture resource that I'd not use. I did get the tire, but I have an idea for that, so not completely useless...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

westore ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 2:46 PM

3-DArena posted at 1:41PM Mon, 30 October 2017 - #4316989

Of the four grab bags I received I can find a use for 2 of them. One is an outfit for G3, but not my style (I might use pieces of it though so not a complete wash) the other is an older texture resource that I'd not use. I did get the tire, but I have an idea for that, so not completely useless...

Well since your Nail It II - G8F was my qualifying purchase at least I got one thing that I'm happy with 😄

GeorgeWeber ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 3:16 PM

Yeah, just had to agree with the negative comments. It felt worse than a carnival game. I bought 3 items and I got 3 things that are such junk that I didn't even bother downloading them. Not against the artists, as I'm sure someone may like them. But this is bad marketing to lure someone in with items that are either old, or just don't sell and no one wants (none of the items I got even had reviews.) Bad luck of the draw maybe, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for future sales as it was so gimmicky. A better thing in the future would be to simply offer a random percentage off the order after the payment process is set in motion, then everyone at least gets something.

jakiblue ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 6:18 PM

I'm sure I remember in years past, they used to SHOW what the grab bag items were. That way, you were making an informed decision on whether to do it. If 6 out of 10 grab bag freebies were things I could use, then I was happy to take the chance to buy something. If only 2 out of the 10 were items I could use, then I wouldn't make a purchase just to get one. If all the items are say, Poser only, then I'm not going to rush in and make a special order, or do smaller orders instead of one large one, just to get a freebie. Yes, I get they are free but free is exciting and good when it's something that either you were likely to buy anyway at some point, or can use. If I buy a tv, and am given a years free food for pet rabbits, the free item is of no use to me and is not good.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2017 at 9:18 PM

westore posted at 9:18PM Mon, 30 October 2017 - #4316990

3-DArena posted at 1:41PM Mon, 30 October 2017 - #4316989

Well since your Nail It II - G8F was my qualifying purchase at least I got one thing that I'm happy with 😄

I hope you enjoy it :-)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

hmatienzo ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2017 at 12:25 PM

I don't understand that when I mark only Poser as software used in my profile, that my freebies were about all DAZ... Something I don't use at all. Or worse... Max! Is there no was for the computer to filter for this?? More than disappointed this year.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

3dkaya ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2017 at 4:03 PM

I got two grab bags from two purchases. The one with prime membership I got an alchemist lab. The second one I got with a prime item was glutes morphs for G8F. Not complaining but not sure if I would pick out glutes morphs on my own.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.