Mon, Sep 16, 11:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:29 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: My app is being blocked

taoz ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 12:31 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:27 PM

Hello,

Can you tell me why you're suddenly blocking this app from logging in to the site?

http://taosoft.dk/software/pm-rr/

Log in and download of files has been working perfectly all the time in those two years I've been developing and testing it, then two days after I released it for public download (only a few testers have had access to it until then) it suddenly stopped working. All error messages indicates it's being blocked from accessing the site.

I was actually planning on selling it here (exclusively) when I got all the features implemented, I just decided to do make a pre-release available temporarily on my own site for all those who have been bugging me for months now to release it so they can download their files.

I, and many others I know, find it very annoying downloading and organizing files manually, that's why I wrote this app. But now I can't even download my own files, I still need to download over half of them (over 4000 and growing) and that's mission impossible if I have to do that manually.

BTW, it's not a download manager in the ordinary sense, it's limited to downloading one file at a time just like with manual download, so it's not putting any unusual load on the servers (if that matters at all since the files are on amazon anyway).

So I hope you'll look into to this and let me know what's going on...

Thanks! Rich

taoz ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 2:03 AM

"BTW, it's not a download manager in the ordinary sense, it's limited to downloading one file at a time just like with manual download..."

Correction, that's actually not true, you can have multiple downloads/threads running simultaneously in a browser but not with this one. It's just automated so you can download all the files in your account with a few clicks, if you should want that. May take a while though in some cases... 😄

taoz ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 1:11 AM

Anyone home?

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2017 at 10:35 AM

Bumping, this really needs to be answered. Your apps are amazing!

taoz ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2017 at 1:22 PM · edited Sat, 02 September 2017 at 1:28 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 7:18PM Sat, 02 September 2017 - #4313431

Bumping, this really needs to be answered. Your apps are amazing!

Thank you! As you seem to know I've written similar apps for both the DAZ and the RDNA stores, never had any problems there. DAZ even contacted me (yes they contacted me, unsolicited), offering to help me with the one I was working on for their new store back in 2013, and gave me (after I had signed an NDA) info about how their store worked internally, which was very useful. And that app is still being used by many. I haven't implemented file download in that app as they were working on their own DIM at that time, but they gave me info about how to do that anyway, in case I wanted to (the old version for their old store was a dedicated content file downloader and organizer actually).

Many users of the DAZ and RDNA apps have asked me to make one for Renderosity, so there seem to be a need for one. I'm not really doing it for the money, it's a niche market and the profit is probably small compared to the amount of work (I actually haven't made a cent of any of the apps I've made so far though so I can't tell). I could probably make a lot more money on making 3D content or writing other types of apps, but I have close to 20.000 content products I need to organize and categorize myself so I need these tools myself also. The 3D content world is a huge mess when it comes to organization and standards, and that's driving me and many others nuts. So currently I'm dedicating myself to making tools that can save time and make life easier in this area.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2017 at 2:22 AM

Please, renderosity, can you help Tao so this can be fixed ASAP. I find his app essential for my work flow. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

taoz ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2017 at 2:27 AM · edited Sun, 03 September 2017 at 2:29 AM

What is really bugging me here is the lack of communication (which seems to be a general problem here). If Renderosity won't allow the app to access their server, and don't want it to be sold in their store either, fine with me, it's their choice. Just say it then and say why, and case closed...

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2017 at 2:38 AM · edited Sun, 03 September 2017 at 2:38 AM

Well maybe it is because of the weekend. Lets hope there is some news soon.

jennblake ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2017 at 10:51 AM

Our development team is looking at this. To see what information it uses. We'll be looking at it, but this being a holiday today our programmers are not working. We'll be in touch.

taoz ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2017 at 5:32 PM

jennblake posted at 10:12PM Mon, 04 September 2017 - #4313514

Our development team is looking at this. To see what information it uses. We'll be looking at it, but this being a holiday today our programmers are not working. We'll be in touch.

OK, thanks, good to know what's going on.

The only data it collects is the product data on the "Item List" pages in the account, i.e. all relevant data that can be extracted from the source code of these pages. Nothing else.

If you are OK with that and will allow the app access to your servers on that premise, I will in return provide whatever you need to verify that no other data is being collected, at any time, in any version released.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2017 at 5:47 PM

Any updates on this issue?

taoz ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 12:45 PM

Well it's been over two weeks now and still no answer?

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2017 at 5:23 PM

No. Still no answer. The programmers are currently working on other projects., and are looking to see what this app actually does. you may want to send us a ink to get a copy of your app to store@renderosity.com so we can look at it. This is not a priority as it does not affect the functionality of the site But we will check it as soon as we can. 😄

taoz ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 3:26 AM

OK. Well you can download the public release from the page I link to in my first post in this thread. The database which contains all data it collects is encrypted in that version though so I'll send you a link to a version with an plain text database so you can see what it collects.

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 8:40 AM

Awesome. Thank you.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2017 at 10:15 PM

I've been watching this forum, HOPING that the Rendo web guys can do an evaluation of Tao's program and allow its use once again. It's been a great timesaver alerting me to updated files, then allowing me to download them, all in ONE app. His latest versions have been steadily adding more features like adding all this stuff into a database and creating easy links to the product pages for items I bought YEARS ago, but "haven't gotten around to trying out yet!" ;-)

This program IS and could be a even bigger boon to Rendo's marketplace (translating to more $$.)

#KeepingMyFIngersCrossedForSomeGoodNewsSoonRay

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2017 at 6:24 PM

I desperately need this software. I dont have time to download, organize and install all the things I buy. I really need the help of this software. Please, please, renderosity, please, i'm begging, please fix this. I work and have a family, i don't have time to do all this downloading and organizing myself.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2017 at 10:21 PM

I also tried to write in the feedback area - green tab on the right, but it didn't seem to go, so this is what I wrote in feedback:- I really need this software being discussed here, as it puts my 1000s and 1000s of purchases from here into nice neat and organized folders and I can download with one click. Otherwise it is so much work that the thought of it makes me want to cry and I have lots of purchases here that i haven't downloaded yet because I'm waiting for this software to be reinstated. please help.

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2017 at 10:01 AM

I will speak to the programmers again. Maybe they will have enough time to look into it. It's been very busy around here lately with the gallery image sales release. 😄

torqy ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2017 at 6:31 PM

I would like to add my own additional plea to get this problem fixed. Tao's software fills a very important need for those of us who purchase a large number of Renderosity products. Downloading individual product .zip files may not be so onerous for those who only purchase a handful of items here or there, but my Renderosity account's Purchases page shows 328 orders that I would need to slog through to download my purchased items. Tao's software helps buyers like me keep coming back to buy more, which should be important enough to Renderosity management to free up a bit of debug time in the development team.

I can provide some additional details that may help the developers narrow this down. The change to the web site occurred on or around August 30, so they should be able to check their change logs to determine what relevant changes were made at that time. Tao's program throws the following error message:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResuIt) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.run TryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompiIerServices.RuntimeHeIpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteed Cleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCaIIback callback, Object state) at System.Net.TIsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResuIt result) at System.Net.TIsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at ?.?(String pageUrI)

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2017 at 2:48 AM · edited Tue, 07 November 2017 at 2:52 AM

In the past Tao has written good software that fills needs in the community. He may be an asset to your programmers.

torqy ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2017 at 2:32 PM

Any movement on this? The silence is deafening...

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2017 at 10:07 AM

Can you send me a link to the app? Let me see what it does and that would give me more information for the programmers...and then we might get further with this. jennblake@renderosity.com

Bendinggrass ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2017 at 8:19 PM

I just found this thread. I earlier started a thread where I was asking or suggesting an automatic download app for here to download purchased items to get to their buyers more easily. Something similar to what DAZ has available. I am shocked that Renderosity is still asking for a link to this app; Taoz made such a link available in his first post on August 31 and told Renderosity it was available, and on Nov. 26 they ask for it again...... what is going on here? I too like so many here have thousands of items to download, and doing it manually is so slow.

Don't you realize that by making such an app available you will be promoting your own store sales?

Why are you folks dragging your feet on this?

torqy ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2017 at 11:30 PM

The original post gave the download site as: http://taosoft.dk/software/pm-rr/ . The download link is at the bottom of that page.

torqy ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 2:12 PM

jennblake, have you had a chance to run Tao's app (available at http://taosoft.dk/software/pm-rr/) to see the error yet? There are a bunch of people anxiously waiting. Thanks.

taoz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2017 at 12:03 AM

jennblake posted at 6:59AM Fri, 15 December 2017 - #4318683

Can you send me a link to the app? Let me see what it does and that would give me more information for the programmers...and then we might get further with this. jennblake@renderosity.com

Like others say, I already gave you the link to the official release, plus at your request I sent you a special version which didn't encrypt the data, to make it easier for you to see which data it was collecting.

emay68 ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 1:48 AM

Is there any update at all on this? I'd like to add my voice to the request for Rendo to allow Taoz's program to access our account info. This had been a huge help to me because I have ADHD and just viewing everything in the DS content library is simply a big mess for me. His program for the DAZ site allows me to see the products more clearly and quickly. It helps me to figure out which products I'd like to put together in a scene. My item list here currently has 715 products listed and I struggle to find everything in the different runtime folders. I really need this program to effectively use the products I've purchased from Renderosity. Thank you.

DigitalDelirium ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 4:06 AM

As a new user to Daz at the beginning of this year and an avid buyer of products, I have just begun using Tao's app and it is a godsend. Previously I was finding that I was spending literally half my time organising content (and that was when I used the install manager). Now thanks to the app... I can increase my productivity significantly. Looking at how many products I have purchased on Daz compared to here... the ratio is about 15:1 in favor of the Daz store... and a HUGE reason is due to me not having the time to organise Rendo content. I think there are some amazing products and vendors here... and it is a shame to see them missing out on sales for this reason. Please Renderosity... I know you are busy... it's that time of year... we are all under pressure. But if you could check out how great this app is and then let your customers know about it... I am 100% sure that you will increase sales, make your existing customers and vendors VERY happy... and pull in more new customers.

Nuff said! LeapinLeroy (a.k.a Digital Delirium... which I would change here... but seems like it will cost money... unlike... ummm... other places!)

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 2:40 PM

It's been four months.. I think it's safe to say that Renderosity doesn't care. They would rather spend their resources making new forums that no one care about..

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2017 at 11:15 PM

torqy posted at 5:14AM Fri, 22 December 2017 - #4316735

I would like to add my own additional plea to get this problem fixed. Tao's software fills a very important need for those of us who purchase a large number of Renderosity products. Downloading individual product .zip files may not be so onerous for those who only purchase a handful of items here or there, but my Renderosity account's Purchases page shows 328 orders that I would need to slog through to download my purchased items. Tao's software helps buyers like me keep coming back to buy more, which should be important enough to Renderosity management to free up a bit of debug time in the development team.

I can provide some additional details that may help the developers narrow this down. The change to the web site occurred on or around August 30, so they should be able to check their change logs to determine what relevant changes were made at that time. Tao's program throws the following error message:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocoIRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResuIt) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.run TryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompiIerServices.RuntimeHeIpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteed Cleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCaIIback callback, Object state) at System.Net.TIsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResuIt result) at System.Net.TIsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at ?.?(String pageUrI)

Does your system support TLS 1.2?

taoz ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2017 at 8:00 AM · edited Sat, 23 December 2017 at 8:09 AM

ironsoul posted at 2:46PM Sat, 23 December 2017 - #4320803

torqy posted at 5:14AM Fri, 22 December 2017 - #4316735

Does your system support TLS 1.2?

I've been looking into this, and though the app is written in NET 3.5 for backward compatibility and therefore currently does not support TLS 1.2 (I's possible to make a workaround for that if necessary), this does not seem to be the problem. I've tried to upgrade it to NET 4.6.1 which does support TLS 1.2 but it's still being denied access.

My impression from what Renderosity have said here is that they have blocked it intentionally. The fact that it was working perfectly all the time during the 2 years of development and testing and then suddenly was denied access 2 days after it became publicly available also points in that direction.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2017 at 12:28 AM

This would sure make MY and a ton of other user's lives a LOT easier.... This is the only thing on my "Grownup Christmas List' (with a nod to Mariah Carey) - support/allow Tao's utility to work with the marketplace once more!!!!!

PLEASE SANTA!!!!!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 6:18 PM

gone but not forgotten... ????

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 12:37 PM

They just HOPE it will be forgotten.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2018 at 5:00 PM

Well that was among the more abysmal responses from Renderosity I've seen to date, and I don't expect much from this site any more.

jennblake ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2018 at 11:29 AM

Our programmer has agreed to work directly with Taoz and will be contacting him. He is finished with his current project and has some time to address this issue.

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 6:35 PM

This looks useful. I hope it works out.

taoz ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 1:27 PM

jennblake posted at 8:27PM Wed, 14 February 2018 - #4323820

Our programmer has agreed to work directly with Taoz and will be contacting him. He is finished with his current project and has some time to address this issue.

Thank you! Look forward to hearing from him...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.