Wed, Sep 18, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Negitive number of views?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2017 at 6:25 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:01 PM
Site Admin

I know my art isn't the best in the gallery but do you really need to take away views? neg4.JPG

Seriously though, there seems to be a glitch 7 out of my last 8 images in my gallery are reading 0 views and I know people have looked at them since I have comments. The other is reading -4. I've looked with firefox and edge. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/fratured-fairy-tale/2782539/?p is the one with negative views.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2017 at 6:55 PM

Don't feel like the lone stranger my gallery is that way too, if it ain't one thing it's another at Rendo...what can ya do

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 12:46 AM
Site Admin

I have no idea what's going on. All my views are wiped out, my cute little stars, and exactly five thumbs on every image. I'll look into it, something went wonky and I really don't like it.

Wolf, Writers Coordinator

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 3:48 AM

I was just about to start a thread for this. I don't have that many pics in my gallery either and I am basically still a newbie at this, but my likes went down from almost 200 to around 90 and all my latest images have 0 likes/faves , it's like all the ratings have been zeroed. I can't deny that this does make me a little sad. 😞

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 6:32 AM
Site Admin

I just checked and it appears that all images from the 23rd of October to sometime yesterday have been affected. It makes me wonder if there wasn't some outside influence.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

DeeboDK ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 6:43 AM

Yep. Same thing here. It goes back to October 2016. Not cool. Hopefully they have daily backups of this data and it can be restored.

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 6:49 AM

Indeed, the last pic of mine that is unaffected is from Oct. 6th, 2016, after that everything has been wiped out.

Rtesian ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 6:49 AM

On November 24, 2017 I can confirm the statistical summary on my Gallery page had 3,867 views and 133 likes. On November 29th the numbers reduced to 3,305 views and 8 likes.

Have I been penalized for something ??

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 9:37 AM
Site Admin

I've been told the programmers are aware and working on the problem.

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 1:20 PM

Cool, thank you wolfenshire!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 2:53 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for the help.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 4:08 PM
Site Admin

LOL, we are going backwards, I now have -1 Favs.... woot. Technology has made my life easier. Remember when posting your art meant putting your drawing on the refrigerator door? Anyway, I'm sure the programmers will get it fixed, I have faith!

DeeboDK ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 4:27 PM

Looks like it's slowly getting restored. Likes on my images were at 300 something this morning now it's up to over 1500.

DeeboDK ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 7:14 AM

Seems to be mostly fixed except for images going back to late October of this year.

Amaranth ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 8:09 AM

Maybe they are fixing the Art charts ?

Amaranth3D

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 11:51 AM

Yes, my faves and likes are back, but my total number of views is unchanged. I guess something's better than nothing.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Jollyself ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 3:03 PM

LOL Amaranth ;)

Jollyself ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 3:09 PM

Maybe the art charts TOP IMAGES should be changed from likes/comments to Views instead. Seems more realisitic. Those of us who don't have 3 and 4 pages of comments can actually have an image rank for the sake of the art itself, not how popular the artist is on the site. Just a thought.....

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2017 at 3:51 PM

What Jazzie is trying to say is: Sometimes your circle of friends decreases in size, but increases in value and R'osity can't adjust to that accordingly. =)

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2017 at 1:40 PM

Hey folks, we have 3D contests over on Dagger Bay. If you want to get comments on your work it's a good place to go, and we are always looking for new members. Membership is free, and contests are free. Dagger Bay

Current contest is Home for the Holidays, and If you'd like to suggest topics, I'm all ears, I usually post the contests.

sloan ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 10:32 PM

Maybe the programmers were trying to fix the fact that if 'Jim' went and looked at 'Mary''s image, the page view clicks one for looking and another one again after posting a comment. So views are screwed anyway and far from accurate. But it seems that the programmers also want you to believe that 2000+ people are on this site at any one time when it is a known fact that there is a multiplier being used. You would think programmers could actually do and re-create true accurate math given their line of work.

gadu ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2018 at 5:42 AM

The last information on correcting the numbers of views that is wrong already has 15 days and still can not fix ????? What is there ???? The developers are on vacation ???? LET'S WORK !!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.