Sat, Sep 7, 8:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 6:48 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Hey there, Writers

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2017 at 4:33 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 11:22 AM
Site Admin

I was going to have a forum contest; Creative Blogs. That was the purpose to those two Blog entries I made. They were going to be examples of what I mean by Creative Blogging. But, I was having some trouble finding prizes, and I do like to give stuff away. Well, I finally managed to wrangle some Reward points out of Rendo and will be able to provide those as prizes, which is good, that equates to being able to buy something cool in the market. But, I'm going to wait now until after the holiday contest is over to do the forum contest. So, yeah, just letting you know there will be a forum contest coming up in January. It will probably run for a month to give everyone a chance to enter. The basic way it will work is; you will post some kind of creative blog in the forum. You will be able to post entries as many times as you like. The three most creative entries will be chosen by staff, or the moderator, or santa, or something like that. One win per person.

So there, something to look forward to after Christmas.

Wolf, Writers Coordinator

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

PandaB5 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 1:03 AM ยท edited Thu, 30 November 2017 at 1:03 AM

Semantics ... The blog should be creative, the writing can be rubbish. Every person will have one win - so cool. That is what you meant, right?

The most creative, according to the subjective judges ... wait, does that mean we'd have to blog about skimp wear in order to stand a chance?

I definitely vote for Santa to pick the winners!

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 3:24 AM
Site Admin

@PandaB5

Funny. No, I meant there are the 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes, but one person can only win once. And, there are two judges, and I can guarantee they are the most impartial judges you will ever find. Grammar, while important, will not be the deciding factor, it will be about creativity; humorous, informative, revealing, opinion, or just rambling nonsense. All will be judged equally. It's all about getting the writers writing and sharing. For me, when I look at a piece, I always ask myself, did it evoke some emotion. Did I cry, shout out with rage, fall on the floor laughing, recoil in horror, nod my head at some new revealed sage knowledge, or even walk away completely perplexed. I want to be shown something, and feel it.

Wolf, Writers Coordinator

PandaB5 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 5:46 AM

Well all of those emotions happen when I read the news headlines ... I'm not sure it's a good thing though!

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 10:16 AM
Forum Moderator

TBH I don't really understand the concept of 'blogging'.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

PandaB5 ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 12:44 PM ยท edited Fri, 01 December 2017 at 12:45 PM

Blogging: It's writing nonsense about yourself that other people read ... like social media ... I don't get the appeal of social media but it's crazy popular for some strange reason...

(As I understand 'creative blog' - you can make stuff up ... so that it's not as boring as spending all day in front of a PC.)

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 1:27 PM
Site Admin

Panda gets it!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 5:20 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Looks interesting. I will confess, wolfenshire's blogs did get the imagination going for a fake blog. I may actually have to write it down for this. There's plenty of time to write while I wait for Poser to load, save, sim, or any other time the software decides to use the cursor as a fidget spinner.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 9:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Thank you for the replies. I'm afraid I couldn't blog any way. I'm too busy writing a book.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 4:37 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

How is the sequel coming? I'm looking forward to reading it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2017 at 3:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Red? I just worked out that as of now it's half the size of Lord of the Rings - LOL, but it's going very well, I think. It's becoming quite a cliff-hanger. I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you for asking. 😎

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.