Sat, Jul 20, 11:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 15 1:07 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Likes and Views....if you feel yours are not right, post here please!

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 11:30 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:01 AM

Hi.

This week we had an issue with the tool that collects data to track both likes and views on products and gallery images. We have been working very hard to correct this issue.

If you are seeing anything in your gallery that does not appear to be correct. Please let us know here. We will do our best to work with you to get this resolved.

Thank you!

Jenn

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 1:32 PM
Site Admin

Oh, I definitely don't feel like I have enough likes or views. In fact, I can't understand why people aren't lined up on both sides of the street howling and throwing flowers and little sweet pickles at me when I walk past. But alas, there is that. I do thank the programmers though for all their hard work getting the train back on the tracks.

Wolf.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 1:48 PM

The total gallery views may be accurate I guess, never pay much attention to likes and stuff, but views on last few individual uploads are off by about 5 or 10 like 50 one look and 5 the next and staying at 5

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Richardphotos ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 4:20 PM

does the correction of the issue have anything to do with the website being slow?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 5:14 PM
Site Admin

Mine look fixed, thanks.

Wolfenshire, you want to be pelted with pickles?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rtesian ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 5:56 PM

On November 24th my views stood at 3,867. On the 29th they dropped by 500 some odd. Today, Dec 1st they're at a whopping 6 !! smh

dragotx ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2017 at 6:01 PM

Mine jumped up by about 1k views overnight, and in the last hour dropped by almost 3k.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 2:38 AM · edited Sat, 02 December 2017 at 2:39 AM

I've had some likes disappear on store products - they are back on some products but still missing on some. I can't tell on individual images as I wasn't checking those.

Overall since I last recorded it (about a month ago) my "views" are up by 390 and the likes down by 11 despite receiving a few more in the meantime.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 6:24 AM
Site Admin

I had been looking at the gallery, which seems fine now, but after PandaB5 mentioned products, I checked my free stuff. Some of those have fewer views than downloads so it appears those might have been affected. I don't know any totals on those though to be sure.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

StudioDP ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 3:37 PM

I am missing now about 1500 views, it is still decreasing...is there still an error at the website?

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 4:48 PM
Site Admin

Yeah, I didn't keep totals, but mine don't look right either, and the web site has slowed to a crawl. I figure they need to wiggle the wire on the back of their modem. I figure there is so much garbage on the internet that it gets clogged like a drain and wiggling the wire clears the clog out. You should try that and see if it works.

Wolf, Writers Coordinator

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2017 at 6:08 PM

I think my gallery posts are incorrect. in 365 days I would normally would have posted more than 1000 posts in my gallery. how long has unlimited gallery posts been the norm for prime members? seems like at least 2 years. many times I post 5 per day

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2017 at 1:21 AM · edited Sun, 03 December 2017 at 1:21 AM

RedPhantom posted at 9:16AM Sun, 03 December 2017 - #4319147

I had been looking at the gallery, which seems fine now, but after PandaB5 mentioned products, I checked my free stuff. Some of those have fewer views than downloads so it appears those might have been affected. I don't know any totals on those though to be sure.

That's often the case on freebies - the downloads exceed the views because people download from the thumbnails directly and don't first have a look at the product.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2017 at 1:23 PM
Site Admin

Ok, thanks. I guess that makes sense

Mar3D ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 5:04 AM

I notice the issue about Likes and Views is not solved yet, because I am missing many Likes and views on products, freestuff and in the gallery too. For example my freestuff "Expressions Free-For G3F" has 17 views and 1423 downloads? About my products I don´t know exactly the numbers, but something is still going wrong with the tool that collects data!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.