Wed, Sep 18, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:42 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Only 3 times.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 4:13 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:23 PM

I am really mad, very violent at the moment about my product purchase. Tired of these limit installations. I have an understanding one licence for one computer only, but when a failure happens after the 3rd time, your screwed. First time, wondering if you installed correctly, then reinstall to get it right. Then a registry problem on other software issues, messing up your windows, you have to reinstall. Now today, my hard drive crashed, gone. I go out and purchase new drive, reinstall windows. Now my poser 11 says I have this grace period has expired. Then I find out on my account, I do not know what I am doing, doing this, that, trying to remove this, that, and I now get message, "Your grace period for activating this product has expired. Will revert to unregistered status until it is activated. Insert your serial number when prompted to activate the application." I am so fn frustrated, stressed, tired, p-off. Is this the outcome of buying software today? Gone this bad? Since I have to pay again, I say F-U (giving the finger). Taking money to f-us off in future. I am done. Can not even contact Smith Micro. Money grapping ....

ratscloset ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 10:34 AM

You can contact Support with the License Key and if you did not opt for Permanent, they should be able to assist.

ratscloset
aka John

PrestonW ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 11:09 AM

We have reached out to Smith Micro and asked them to contact you to get this worked out. Check your sitemail to see if they responded yet.

Preston

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 1:51 PM

I, too, am having issues with Smith-Micro's customer service at this point--but the matter is not as serious as yours and regards a Poser plug in they sell that refuses to install.

Still, I am not happy with them of late. Multiple messages go ignored now.

Not having the Poser team in house anymore isn't helping.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:46 PM

No, I am done with Poser (The new). I am old fashioned that buying box, and knowing only to install on one computer (one license per computer). I am tired of this limited installations, and if computer problems happen, or you want to move it to a faster system, it is gone, limited maxed out your installations and purchased the software with your hard earning income. No, not for me. If this is the way of marketing. I am not for it. I tried to get through to Smith-Micro. I have Poser 6, and guess if I want to use Poser, I will resort to that. I have other CGI programs I can use forever. This limited stuff is not one of them. They have to contact me, and please me if they want me to continue. At this moment, . Been through to much in the last days of repairing my system (New Hard Drive, reinstalling OS, software, more), and then this limited crap. Done.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:50 PM

I did press "Permanent". Not knowing what that is. Myself pressing it, make me think I have that license forever, and able to remove systems, if reinstalling. I find this out all last night, and led to confusion, or what I did. I do not like the system, and needs work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.