Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Trouble with Poser Addicts

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2017 at 4:19 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 8:57 AM

Is difficulty in getting purchase items download keys endemic with this company or is it just an unusual event I am experiencing? I ordered fema sue and the expansion kit over three days ago and still do not have the merchandise. They seem over anxious to blame paypal for any problems.

Thanks Mike

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2017 at 9:00 PM

I've had serious problems with them in the past, not going to delve into what, but let's just say I won't deal with them again. They were also very eager to blame everything on my email provider, but I am pretty sure they have a leak on their end.

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 1:48 PM

Navim, have you tried writing someone at Help@PoserAddicts.com to resolve this? If you didn't get an answer immediately then maybe I can help. I will check the orders out for you and see what is happening. If you used another name than Navim, then I will have to know the order number so I can release it for you. If PayPal didn't turn on the order automatically - they do block automatic acceptance on email addresses going thru without manual approval from our side. That is because so many hackers out there use bogus email addresses to hack online stores. This has NOTHING to do with us blaming email providers. The amount of spammage and theft that takes place with bogus emails via PayPal has been stopped by the manual activation process - which is something PayPal implemented. That we are not in the office 24/7 365 days a year to manually oversee everything is normal, I think. Everyone has business hours.

I will do everything I can to get your order taken care of so you get the products you purchased.

Antonio

PS: someone kindly told me that this post was here on a foreign website and we got nothing on our end alerting us to this problem. I was lucky they wrote me telling me it was here and could actually find it to reply.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 2:11 PM ยท edited Sun, 31 December 2017 at 2:16 PM

FOLLOW UP TO THIS:

I just was alerted by PayPal that you blocked the payment for the order, At the store, however, you only needed to go to My Orders, that order number and would have seen that the downloads were already active from the moment you had paid. Then you blocked the payments, and still could have downloaded the items without paying. Also you have posted this publicly at a competing store's forums which has bad-mouthed the store and this thread at this point now has over 78 public views which is very bad publicity for a small store trying to survive. Touche.

Facit of our investigation of this issue: our verifiication emailer seemed to be not sending you a verification mail stating the product was activated for download. So I have changed the email outgoing address in the store and have attempted to send you verifications with the new outgoing mail server. Hopefully you received one of them to alert you to your downloads. Additionally, I also sent you a personal email from my private email address with a copy of the purchase order and the valid download links. You are in the United States, so it is much earlier there than here. I hope you will get my multiple emails and links that I have sent you.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 2:24 PM

FOLLOW UP 2:

I have run this through your PayPal complaint and explained to PayPal that you didn't receive the order verification mail from us, and didn't look in your orders area for the download keys. I have written you two messages in the PayPal Resolution Center to handle this. I would appreciate it if you would have this thread deleted once you have received your products to avoid more people from thinking we are ripping people off. One bad word of mouth statement creates hundreds.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

profotograf ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 3:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 31 December 2017 at 3:24 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 10:13PM Sun, 31 December 2017 - #4321264

I've had serious problems with them in the past, not going to delve into what, but let's just say I won't deal with them again. They were also very eager to blame everything on my email provider, but I am pretty sure they have a leak on their end.

You do realize that with the number of hackers out there using bogus emails and the number of SpamAssassin entries being used by mail programs to filter out spam, that the words "poser" and "addicts" are both on the "naughty" list and are blacklisted to go into spam-mailboxes by most spam checking programs. We are not blaming anyone's mail providers - it is a real life problem of today. And PayPal does act carefully when activating sales on websites where the payment email does not match the email of the user in the store purchasing something or the email is of a new or dubious type of email address. This is where the internet has gone while checking for spam and hackers and thieves. Innocents get hurt more often than not. And more work is made for those running stores, as we need to manually process orders PayPal will not activate for our own protection. It is one of the reasons the old management decided to give up and quit. Over a period of time PoserAddicts had literally thousands of products stolen via fake email and stolen PayPal accounts, used with fake emails. So this method of protection was adopted after we worked with PayPal Europe to stop theft. Imagine someone stealing your PayPal account info, using a fake email address and buying thousand dollar gift certificates and downloading all those products, and being caught when PayPal tells you they only paid $0.10 for $1000.00 worth of goods. They have since fixed that hack in the PayPal interface but not after major damages were done. But that problem was real for us back in around 2010-2014. Since then I have handled the sales personally and individually from 2015 on.

I'm not sure when you had serious problems with PoserAddicts in the past, but the management has changed and I am the only person running it from Europe since 2015. I make sure everyone gets their download links the moment the PayPal payment and verification hits my smart phone email and PayPal app. The store is only running on fumes anymore with legacy products for Poser not being so much in demand anymore. Although an inventory of over 5000 products for Poser exists, only a few things still are exclusive and sell only at PoserAddicts. I don't want to close down the store, killing availabilty of legacy products which are no longer available elsewhere to go away. This thread today shocked me and made me wonder if I should just shut down the store forever.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 5:09 PM

profotograf posted at 12:02AM Mon, 01 January 2018 - #4321327

You do realize that with the number of hackers out there using bogus emails and the number of SpamAssassin entries being used by mail programs to filter out spam, that the words "poser" and "addicts" are both on the "naughty" list and are blacklisted to go into spam-mailboxes by most spam checking programs. We are not blaming anyone's mail providers - it is a real life problem of today. And PayPal does act carefully when activating sales on websites where the payment email does not match the email of the user in the store purchasing something or the email is of a new or dubious type of email address. This is where the internet has gone while checking for spam and hackers and thieves. Innocents get hurt more often than not. And more work is made for those running stores, as we need to manually process orders PayPal will not activate for our own protection. It is one of the reasons the old management decided to give up and quit. Over a period of time PoserAddicts had literally thousands of products stolen via fake email and stolen PayPal accounts, used with fake emails. So this method of protection was adopted after we worked with PayPal Europe to stop theft. Imagine someone stealing your PayPal account info, using a fake email address and buying thousand dollar gift certificates and downloading all those products, and being caught when PayPal tells you they only paid $0.10 for $1000.00 worth of goods. They have since fixed that hack in the PayPal interface but not after major damages were done. But that problem was real for us back in around 2010-2014. Since then I have handled the sales personally and individually from 2015 on.

I'm not sure when you had serious problems with PoserAddicts in the past, but the management has changed and I am the only person running it from Europe since 2015. I make sure everyone gets their download links the moment the PayPal payment and verification hits my smart phone email and PayPal app. The store is only running on fumes anymore with legacy products for Poser not being so much in demand anymore. Although an inventory of over 5000 products for Poser exists, only a few things still are exclusive and sell only at PoserAddicts. I don't want to close down the store, killing availabilty of legacy products which are no longer available elsewhere to go away. This thread today shocked me and made me wonder if I should just shut down the store forever.

My issue had nothing to do with emails or paypal, it had to do with leaking of private information to 3rd party. When I confronted them about it, they denied they had anything to do with it, and blamed my email provider. I honestly don't think they even understood what the problem was, I can only guess it was the language barrier. All they did at the time was make a post on their site urging their customers not to provide them with their real phone number.

This was pre-2015 tho, but because this issue happened more than once, I'm sure you can imagine I'm not really ready to trust them again. But whatever, water under the bridge.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2017 at 8:07 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 8:46PM Sun, 31 December 2017 - #4321333

profotograf posted at 12:02AM Mon, 01 January 2018 - #4321327

My issue had nothing to do with emails or paypal, it had to do with leaking of private information to 3rd party. When I confronted them about it, they denied they had anything to do with it, and blamed my email provider. I honestly don't think they even understood what the problem was, I can only guess it was the language barrier. All they did at the time was make a post on their site urging their customers not to provide them with their real phone number.

This was pre-2015 tho, but because this issue happened more than once, I'm sure you can imagine I'm not really ready to trust them again. But whatever, water under the bridge.

Then you were absolutely wrong about the issue. They never sold email information to third parties. I've bought a lot of things from their site and the sister erotic store for years and never had issues. You most likely had an issue with another site; Poseraddicts is a very small operation, if there an actual issue, more people would have an issue, not just you.

To the op: I'm curious to why you would create a negative thread on a another store (which is against TOS on this site), and not even contact the site you had an issue with then block the payment, when your order was ready to download on your account?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.