Thu, Sep 19, 9:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How do I solve this issue in the fitroom?

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 5:38 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:37 AM

Hello everyone! I'm on PP2014GDev. My problem started when I tried to fit the jacket of Gramps2, in edgar2. The collars of the jacket are making me feel disappointed. how could I solve this in an easy way? Thank you very muchgramps jacket.jpggramps jacket2.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 7:10 PM
Online Now!

The major issue with this type of character is that you have a layer of clothing between the figure and Gramps2 Jacket. Unfortunately, the fitting room doesn't accommodate multilayer fit easily. You can attempt this in the cloth room but you would need convert the jacket to a prop and resize to fit as closely as possible. Perhaps someone with more experience in the fitting/cloth room could chime in.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 6:22 AM
Site Admin

My experience in the fitting room is still at beginner level as I cheat. Rather than use the fitting tools in the fitting room, I scale and pose it to fit the clothing the best I can in the pose room. Then I use the fitting tools in the morph brush to fine tune it. I know some people struggle with the morph brush. I found reducing the radius and magnitude of the brush makes it easier to use. I then take it to the fitting room and as you tell it what you want to fit (the jacket) uncheck zero figure.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 10:06 AM
Online Now!

I agree that the morph brush will modify jacket mesh to a closer fit to Edgar2 figure, however, the problem I saw in trying to exact a better fit in the Fitting Room is Edgar already wearing a layer of clothing beneath the jacket. In addition, the sleeves of Edgar's shirt must be scaled so as not to bulge the jacket at the arms. I can get pretty close to a fit using the Cloth Room but you need to convert the jacket to a prop first, then enter the Fitting Room to transfer Edgar's rigging. Without trial and error experimentation, I'm don't quite feel confident the process would work flawlessly without subsequently distorting the mesh beyond usage.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 11:44 AM · edited Thu, 25 January 2018 at 11:45 AM

hborre posted at 3:43PM Thu, 25 January 2018 - #4323024

Hmmm, that makes sense. I'll try this, and see, and post the result here.

I agree that the morph brush will modify jacket mesh to a closer fit to Edgar2 figure, however, the problem I saw in trying to exact a better fit in the Fitting Room is Edgar already wearing a layer of clothing beneath the jacket. In addition, the sleeves of Edgar's shirt must be scaled so as not to bulge the jacket at the arms. I can get pretty close to a fit using the Cloth Room but you need to convert the jacket to a prop first, then enter the Fitting Room to transfer Edgar's rigging. Without trial and error experimentation, I'm don't quite feel confident the process would work flawlessly without subsequently distorting the mesh beyond usage.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 11:47 AM

I speak of the transformation in prop and try the feature rigging in the fitinroom

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.