Mon, Sep 16, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Short animation of my 3d model

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 5:34 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 5:08 AM

Thought I would share this here as it turned out pretty good. This is an animation my partner put together featuring one of my mathematical 3d printable models (interlocked ladder Möbius). Everything in this 20 sec. clip is either composited or created from scratch in 3d. There's no real-world footage used here other than a hdri map for reflections and lighting. The audio was mixed using nearly a dozen different sound clips and fx. The model, of course, was built in 3dsmax specifically for 3d printing, but since I modeled it using subdivision surface techniques in polygons, we were able to UV Unwrap and animate without much fuss. Hope you like it. We were going for a "found footage" type of feel here, suggesting a first-person stumbling upon some type of alien artifact floating there in the woods. Color grading and compositing was done in After Effects.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 7:01 PM

Nice model. Did you composite in AE using E3D? Or 3d app?

_AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2017 at 9:53 PM · edited Thu, 30 November 2017 at 9:58 PM

animajikgraphics posted at 8:56PM Thu, 30 November 2017 - #4319018

Nice model. Did you composite in AE using E3D? Or 3d app?

_AniMajik

Thank you very much. For this short clip, I did all of the texture unwrapping, texturing, materials, and of course the geometry optimization for faster animation rendering. I had some help from my partner who manages the DigiFootage stock footage stuff. He's primarily a motion graphics artist and does a lot of work in After Effects for our stock footage endeavors. He had suggested we take the model into Element3d and do all the rendering there, but after a test animation using Corona render in 3dsmax, we decided it was actually a time saver to quickly animate the camera shake and object rotation directly in 3dsmax, then output multiple composite passes (diffuse, reflection, lighting, AO) in just one single 1200 frame render session from Corona for compositing in AE. I was told the render time per frame from Corona, for this particular project, was about the same as what we would have been looking at from Element 3D anyway. We were using 3d motion blur, raytraced AO, DOF, etc, and we were able to get some good physical camera lens bloom and glare from the renderer. I was actually considering Marmoset Toolbag for the render, as it would have been truly real time with all the lens effects also, but Corona proved quite fast for a path tracing engine. So we decided to keep everything as simplified and streamlined as possible to get it done very quickly. Altogether, from the time the inspiration to do this hit us to the time the final composite was finished rendering out of AE, the whole thing was knocked out in around 3 hours.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

ianharding ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2018 at 9:07 AM

this is great, so realistic, i like the copper shapes and added real life sounds etc and movement made it watchable :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.