Sun, Oct 6, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Deep Paint Fun :)

jgmart ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 8:14 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:47 PM

file_221057.jpg

Hello Everyone, Here's a scene I created in Vue and "messed" around with in Deep Paint. I recently purchased Deep Paint. It's so fun! I was wondering if anyone else uses it, or Painter? I really didn't know which one to buy. Several reviews I read seemed to favor Deep Paint. I like it, the looks you can create are unlimited. Anyway, I made a print of this image, matted and framed it. Friends that are familar with my art think it's one of my paintings.... I'm not sayin' a word.... ;) John

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 8:44 AM

It looks like a painting...very nice. Sharen

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 9:47 AM

Yeah, that's one thing I want to get to start doing with Painter in the future... Do stuff in Vue and convert it to that kind of stuff... The retro look... ;) Yours looks great... And yeah, the audience doesn't have to know... They can just think you painted it... :) At what resolution did you have to render, or come out of deep paint to get it to print out nicely???

jgmart ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 10:08 AM

In Vue, I rendered at the "Final" setting - 1024X768 - 300dpi. I work in Deep Paint via Photoshop. When I was done working in Deep Paint, I sent the image back to Photoshop and saved it as a Tiff file. I find the Tiff format works best for printing. I printed on an 11x17 watercolor paper.... I the look is really amazing. John

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 10:47 AM

Did an excellent job on it, John! Is Deep Paint a plugin, or a full program? I use Painter 6...it has alot of presets, and ways to clone images and then paint whole images into others...it has alot of plugin-like thingies..... It's hard to desribe, but you could do the same thing with Painter as you have done here, for sure. Also, it seems that all the photoshop plugins work in Painter, as well...at least the ones I've tried, and bought, such as Eye Candy. Of course, Painter is an entire program, and a huge one at that. It has all kinds of image editing abilities, but is primarily a painting app.

jgmart ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 1:09 PM

Hi Mike, Deep Paint works both as plug-in/filer within Photoshop and as a stand alone application. I think many of its features are similar to Painter (ie: image hose, cloning, etc). I was up and working in Deep Paint pretty quickly. I understand there's a much higher learning curve with Painter. The texturing and lighting effects in Deep Paint are really awesome. Again, I'm sure Painter produces similar effects. I'm just finishing up a pumpkin patch image that I'll be posting in a day or so. :) John

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 2:13 PM

Terrific painting! Irene

Axe555 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 3:14 PM

I really like the look of that! I've got Painter Classic that came with my tablet. Guess I should start using it more. Rich

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 12:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.varian.net/dreamview/dreamvision/wat/TropicalSunset2.html

Very nice work, John! I love Deep Paint, too. Here's one of the first images I "prettied up" with it. The scene was rendered in Vue (in fact, it even made PotD!), then I used the clone brush in DP, the one that works through layers with various effects. I love how it turned out. :)

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 12:56 AM

Boy tha's just good work. Nothing else to say. And your friends are right. It IS a painting. I know someone who has Deep Paint and hse loves it. Don't know if I'll be getting it soon though - $$$$ or lack thereof. Lovely. Larry F

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 12:58 AM

BTW, Varian, some seriously cool pics at your site.

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 5:57 PM

Hi Varian, I had seen your sunset image, it's really beautiful! It was definitely one of the main reasons I went with Deep Paint Thanks, John :)

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 12:19 PM

Wow, cool to hear that! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.