Thu, Sep 19, 11:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Learning new ways

incantrix ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 2:08 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

Hey all been a while since I have posted anything here. Been pretty busy though. Anyway recently been watching Penfinity's proceedual videos on Utube. And learning some cool tricks. Will have to say though they are not beginner tutorials at all not key casts or the like etc. And his latest series he states at the start beginners don't try you need to understand the how to use Blender at an intermediate level at least. LOL. Place display text here

Anyway have been playing with his node setups and thought I'd share this one. dispersion.jpg

Found it very interesting

Incantrix

incantrix ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 2:11 PM

Sorry about the link text but it is clickable

Incantrix

atpo ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 8:45 PM

Thanks incantrix .Could you please tell: Which version of blender used?2.79? How long did it render?5 minutes? How many did RAM be consumed? To render it ,what is the best system required? And whether PC has noises when rendering?

incantrix ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 10:35 PM

Hi Atpo Was done in 2.79 on my old work station which is really slow with no gpu rendering and only 8G of ram and took about 1/2 hour to render. The node set up is very system and resource friendly. Used very little ram which using procedurl's only has a tendancy to do over maps. And this was done at 500 samples with denoising and filmic in place so very little noise (fireflies) in the render, unless you're referring to the fans that were going like the clappers lol.

Incantrix

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 4:13 AM

That's a pretty cool shader. Hope to have a look at your video set this weekend: it sounds like the fellow is clear and precise in his explanations.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

incantrix ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 9:15 AM

Thankyou RobynsVeil but that one is not mine have been making a few though from what I have seen from him and the way and what he does with some very nice results.
He does have a different way of doing things and have learnt so much about Fresnel and its affects etc. Just finished his Cychemst tutes

Incantrix

atpo ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 7:02 PM

Thanks incantrix .I copy that.

incantrix ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2018 at 2:47 AM

No worries Atpo the Fresnel group I used there is below

The Fresnel is the amount of Fresnel The F Power is the strength of that amount The specularity is how specular it is The EC and influence work on the roughness shininess and shadows etc of the fresnel effect. Basically this gives you a lot more control over the fresnel and its effects. Playing around with the sliders you'll get the idea of it. I tried to spread this out a bit so as you can read it a bit better.

fresnel.jpg

Incantrix

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2018 at 7:14 PM

Thanks.Node is very long and complex. Is there other render app that can let complex to easy,if any?

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2018 at 7:19 PM

And model is like UFO.It is very Sci-Fi.What is it function? But what are that some noises?

incantrix ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2018 at 3:31 AM

LOL nodes are a strange thing as what looks complex to one person may look basic to another. The Fresnel group above requires a bit more math and the Tutorial I was watching about it explained as straightforward and basic, but took me a while to get the maths of it. A lot of times it can takes years to learn how to make up node groups. The model comes from a group called Mastering CGI who offer courses in shaders etc mainly for maya though. And the model serves no purpose other than to display the node set ups. The noise in the image is there as it is a preview render at 32 samples

Incantrix

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2018 at 7:00 PM

Thanks. I see.And Mastering CGI that you say: Mastering_CGI_–_Next_level_tutorials_and_assets.pngMastering_CGI_–_Next_level_tutorials_and_assetsa.png

incantrix ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2018 at 8:42 AM

Yep thats the one

Incantrix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.