Fri, Oct 4, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 7:51 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Eyes and part of hair prop disappearing when camera pulls back?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 12:28 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Hi

I tried this before and got a message that said... Sorry! Invalid request. This event has been logged.

Anyway here goes again.

I just reinstalled Poser 11, to clean up issues I was having with it crashing and running slow. Complete clean install.

I loaded a figure "Jessie" and everything looked good until I discovered that when the camera moves back the eyes and part of the hair prop that's in the same plane as the eyes fades away as the camera moves back at a certain point.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I don't have a clue, I've used Poser for decades and I've never run into this before. Any help appreciated.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

donnena ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2018 at 9:37 PM

Which camera are you using when this happens??

I'm guessing Hither or Yon (for the camera) needs to be adjusted.

;>

Andy!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 11:22 AM

Hi

I'm using the main camera.

And I think you are right, I realised that when I moved the camera, or the character closer the eyes come out of the front of the head and when I move either farther away the go backwards into the head and disappear.

I constantly have issues with Poser 11, I've reinstalled is a number of times. I like the interface but I have Poser Pro 2014 and it runs fine without any of the issues I have with 11.

Yesterday I completed a scene and rendered it using superfly. It looked OK so I went back to make some changes, only to find that I couldn't move the character in the scene.

Nothing was frozen up, I could select body parts and props but I couldn't move the figure.

I was glad that I always create a backup file as I work. I loaded it and it was the same thing couldn't move anything!

I loaded a new figure into the scene and it moved normally. I have no idea what's going on, how did it affect a file that wasn't even loaded when it happened?.

I switched to Poser Pro 2014 and did it over. Worked fine.

I'm not sure is there a way to reset everything to default setting in one step?

Mike

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 1:16 PM

Hello
Yes, Try this
https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982174-solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences
to reset every thing.

;>

Andy!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 1:54 PM

Thanks for the help I'll try that. Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 2:12 PM · edited Thu, 22 March 2018 at 2:13 PM

Hi again.

That worked, it was a little bit different in Windows 10 but it appeared that all I needed to do was to delete the Poser folder from my Users folder to get rid of all of the preferences.

So I cut and pasted it to the desktop and then opened Poser 11.

I checked the eyes first and the problem was solved, next I opened the scene that I couldn't edit yesterday and it was editable so both problems solved.

Thanks again for the help!

Mike

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2018 at 4:54 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!

;>

Andy!

kaleman ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2018 at 9:59 AM

This kind of problem can be really frustrating, I had the exact preference releated issue a few months ago! Glad you resolved it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.