Fri, Oct 4, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Looking for a comparison, Poser 11, Poser 11.1, and Poser 11.1 Pro

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2018 at 9:18 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Hi

I might be interested in upgrading if I knew what advantages I'd get, but I can't find a site that compares the options of 11, and Poser Pro 2014, (which I already have) to the newer ones, 11.1 and 11.1 Pro?

I can't really find anyplace that lists the new features of the 2 new versions.

I'd like to know if what I get, is worth the cost?

The upgrade fee is pretty substantial when you can buy Poser 11 new for only $99, it doesn't seem like an upgrade to pro should cost $250 unless you are getting something worthwhile.

It seems like going from 11 to 11.1 might be worth it for $79 if I knew what the advantages are.

In the past it always seems like there was a comparison chart that showed which features each had.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2018 at 9:19 AM

Best place to get an answer for this one is in the Poser 11 Forum. 😄 I'll move it for you now.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2018 at 12:19 PM

The biggest update from 11 to 11.1 is the new version of Pauline and Paul and also the animation section.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Nails60 ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2018 at 4:53 PM

As far as I'm aware the update from poser 11 to 11.1 is free. Just start up SM download manager and enter your p11 serial number and the update files should be available. Main advantages of p11.1 pro over p11 are fitting room, helps you fit clothes from any figure to any other figure, gpu rendering in superfly if you have suitable nVidea card, and rendering in queue or background. As very much an amateur these (and the copy morphs from feature) are the only "pro" features I use.

ironsoul ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2018 at 12:35 AM · edited Sat, 24 March 2018 at 12:36 AM
Online Now!
MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2018 at 5:04 PM · edited Sat, 24 March 2018 at 5:13 PM

I've looked at SM Download Manager and I don't have an option to download it, and when I look at the Smith Micro site it says that the update cost $79. Seems to me like it should be free since it's only an update not a new version.

I'll take a look at the PDF, and see if there's any chance that it's worth paying $250 to upgrade from my Poser Pro 2014.

But I think I'll just wait for a new version it I'm going to pay out that kind of cash.

PS. I just noticed that I have version 11.1, so it did upgrade at some point, probably yesterday when I reinstalled it.

So I don't get the $79 figure that I saw, maybe that was from some older version.

Now that I think about it, I did notice some differences when I was messing around in it, one was that there were letters in the animation pallet that weren't there before. Now that I realize it I'll have to get in and poke around.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2018 at 8:23 AM

If you didn't re-install your content you will want to install the nude figures and support files, as these will give you Paul and Pauline 2 and the updated help files for the new animation features.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.