Wed, Sep 18, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser 11 Pro software shows it is giving up. No more rendering in SF mode.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 7:32 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 3:42 PM

I do not know what I am doing in SF. But I been using cycle nods (SSS), all is okay. But later Poser will stop rendering (finished), but half done. Image will be half gray, and half render. Then I will click the render button again, and seconds later I get a black render and shows it is done (no rendering bar). I have to restart poser to clear memory, and then it happens again. To me super fly rendering is so fragile when using Cycle nods, that it breaks. I have to restart. I use Nvidia Gtx 1060 (6gb) video card on a AMD board. Ryzen 1600 CPU.

Meaning if you mix in a scene. Cycles surface settings (Cycle skin textures "SSS"), and then "FireFly root" (hair, clothing). Superfly will crash renderings. Anyone encounter and solved this?

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 8:33 AM

I found an error pop up during render. Then it stops.

I can get this render, but when I put hair of any kind. I get "Cuda synchronizing error" pop up after a few buckets gone through. This is in Superfly mode. Then that is it, can not do anymore renders, even when pressing render. I would just get a black image render. I have to restart poser.

Image1.jpg

donnena ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 8:46 AM

Thank you for this report. I will see that it gets to Smith Micro.

;>

Andy!

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 9:20 AM

I would use all cycle nods for texturing (SSS on character, like V4), Cycle Surface Root (nod) "High Quality Sub Surface" in SF render settings. But after putting hair prop. Done.

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 12:10 PM

Contact support with your system details. Let us know if it is CPU or GPU rendering

ratscloset
aka John

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 3:35 PM

I do GPU rendering. But yeah. Will look into support.

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 11:40 PM · edited Tue, 27 March 2018 at 11:42 PM

It is something to to with the nVidia driver Time Out Delay settings. I may be mistaken, but the GPU something or other tells Windows to set it to 2 seconds, while the optimal is about 10 seconds, and yet users are cautioned it is not recommended setting, blah blah. There was a conversation in the Official Poser Forums about this, and IIRC, also here somewhere in Renderosity some years ago. I dare not fiddle with my Windows setting for this because it may affect the rest of my computer's operation. I, too have experienced dead rendering attempts.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2018 at 11:49 PM · edited Tue, 27 March 2018 at 11:49 PM

Eternal Hobbyist

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2018 at 7:40 AM

Oh wow. Now I have to play with Reg edit (add a feature that is missing). I have edited inside reg edit many times since win95. But wow you would think all be okay by now that we are at windows 10.

TDr.jpg

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2018 at 9:08 PM

Sigh. Still get error in Superfly

SuperFly. Cuda error. Launch failed in cuCTxSycronize()

I feel I have to put poser aside for awhile. Go onto another CGI program, until this is looked into and fixed. FireFly kicks butt, but we are in the cycles rendering now.

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2018 at 1:52 PM · edited Thu, 29 March 2018 at 1:56 PM

From nvidia dev notes

TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card. Before TDR existed, problems of this nature would have resulted in a system freeze and required a reboot of the operating system. If TDR is enabled and you see the TDR error message, "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered," this means that the Windows operating system reset the display driver

ie its not a bug but a Windows fix to brute force a hung windows driver. Unfortunately it can't tell the difference between that problem and a busy GPU.

The amount to set TDR depends on the complexity of the scene to be processed and the power of the GPU, a 1060 will need longer than a Titan. Might be worth increasing the value, rebooting the PC and trying again

jura11 ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2018 at 9:09 PM

Hi there

Not sure if you are sorted this issues,can you check if this does happen if you do render with CPU? If not I would thought so or I would say is down to TDR,which you need to increase,around 8-10 should be enough,but this more prominent on new Pascal cards which is GTX1060 as well and can you check yours VRAM usage,if you have installed GPU-Z then check there VRAM usage and check this as well in Poser log,this I have saw few times when I rendered very complex scene

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.