Sat, Sep 21, 6:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please tell me this isn't done

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 3:18 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:38 AM
Site Admin

I came on today to check forums and see some changes. I decide to check things out and find I can no longer get to my gallery easily, as there is no link in the drop-down menu, likewise, my free stuff isn't there either. Yes, I can go to my profile first and go to it from there, but that's more steps. Not a great use of bandwidth for user or site. Clicking on all artists takes me to the gallery home page rather than a search of artists. There are no notifications for activity feed, site mail, etc. Clicking on activity feed takes me to the homepage.

Please tell me this update isn't done and these things haven't been removed or will be added back.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 3:51 PM

How do we see if anyone has commented on our art uploads??

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 3:53 PM

Check out the left side of the menue, there you may find your needed option.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:01 PM

It's a nice piece of design, but I have to agree: it's making things awkward and difficult, with additional steps that really werent necessary.

While I'm not one to stand in the way of change, was there really such a cry from the teeming masses for this? Everything worked perfectly fine. Now it's "well, maybe it's over here?"

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:05 PM
Site Admin

Jules53757 posted at 4:05PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327917

Which menu?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:11 PM

Jules53757 posted at 3:08PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327917

Can you clarify a little bit?

There used to be a little icon that indicated how many comments you had on art you've uploaded. Is it gone? If so, can you please bring it back? If not, where does it show up? It used to be right by the little icon with your user name.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:26 PM

Here's what I get when I try to go to the galleries now: 2018-04-11.png

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:36 PM

What is going on here??? Do I have to go in and re-follow my favorite artists again??? 2018-04-11 (1).png

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 4:53 PM

I just did a test upload to the gallery. That works fine. I see I have a few comments, it doesn't show up next to my avatar like it used to. Can you PLEASE bring this back?

Thanks.

ashleyb ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:04 PM

Yes, all this feedback is great! The Upload Art button is currently under the Gallery Drop down Menu. We are still working on the design. More updates and changes will be made. Thanks for all the input. Feel free to contact me with any site issues.

Rods I will have a look at this issue and see what going on.

GrandmaT ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:07 PM

Not Again! We haven't even figured out where half the stuff went from the LAST makeover, now we have to start all over. I'm with the other commenters: Were are notifications? Why do we have to search the whole site to get to our galleries? Whoever the ADHD MBA running this place is, they need to get back on their medication and let things that work alone.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:22 PM

???? Good one, Teri!

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:25 PM

ashleyvs posted at 4:22PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327943

Yes, all this feedback is great! The Upload Art button is currently under the Gallery Drop down Menu. We are still working on the design. More updates and changes will be made. Thanks for all the input. Feel free to contact me with any site issues.

Rods I will have a look at this issue and see what going on.

Thanks for the response, Ashley!

There used to be a place right under your avatar where you'd be notified if you had gallery comments or sitemails. Those are gone, now, and we all miss that feature. A lot.

Thanks for looking into this.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:58 PM

Well, I finally found where you stashed notifications, but it was a bit of a hunt. I honestly dont understand why even my gallery doesnt appear in the drop down menu below my name. One would think that would be an obvious place to put it. Now... it's hidden someplace over here, in the locked file cabinet in the darkened basement, guarded by a ravenous tiger.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

mazzam ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 5:59 PM

Agree that most seriously missing feature is list of comments on image posts in the Activity Feed and the link under my avatar to view my own gallery. The reason you get contributions to the galleries is the ready and quick availability of viewer feedback. Also the marketplace needs options for New Poser and New DAZ!

thaaksma ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 6:16 PM

@mazzam - New Poser & New Daz is there. Click 'Marketplace' and you'll see these 2 options beneath 'explore more'.

-Tim

erock3d ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 7:07 PM

Please fix the drop down menu for the Forums. The Community Center or Daz Studio forum channels aren't even listed. I would think the most popular channels would be given priority here. Also, it would be nice to clarify that you can still find the complete forum index. Sure, that's what clicking on the bold "Renderosity" button does, but it's not very clear that this is going to take you to the index that lists the summaries for each channel.

By they way, these are some expensive tutorials!!

renderosity_tutorials.jpg

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 7:11 PM

Visually, it looks better, but the functionality.. Just let me go to the forums dammit, instead of having to choose a specific forum from the dropdown list! Grr, even more clicks! It's becoming such a hassle, it's hardly worth it anymore..

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 8:05 PM

Where's the search function for the "Free Stuff" section???

erock3d ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 8:38 PM

goldie posted at 8:35PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327979

At the top, in the search bar. You have to use the drop down and change "Marketplace" (next to the magnifying glass icon) to "Free Stuff".

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 8:59 PM · edited Wed, 11 April 2018 at 9:04 PM

erock3d posted at 9:57PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327982

goldie posted at 8:35PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327979

At the top, in the search bar. You have to use the drop down and change "Marketplace" (next to the magnifying glass icon) to "Free Stuff".

Yes, that would seem to be the logical place, but the only option is "Marketplace" in the drop down. I should add that I am using Firefox.

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 9:08 PM

OK. Found out what my problem is>>the font color is BLACK in the dropdown for those items not highlighted...

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 10:59 PM

I loaded a poser render earlier and only one credit is showing, but I selected 4 credits. it use to be a problem, but has been working for many months. maybe the changes is the culprit .

tomorrow I will try and use all of the credits again. did I mention that I am lost? with all the site changes

Horusra1967 ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 11:16 PM · edited Wed, 11 April 2018 at 11:22 PM

Woke up to see the web site with a new design (4-11-18). As much as I searched and searched, where do we find out which vendors are on sale now? I see nothing. The site now seems difficult and most of all confusing to navigate.

ETA: NM. Confusing but I found the areas I was looking for. I think I like seeing the big banner on the main page of what sales are going on than the way they have this designed now.

Horusra1967 ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 11:37 PM

Anyone know where the Monthly Prime Freebie is located now?

erock3d ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2018 at 11:45 PM

Horusra1967 posted at 11:40PM Wed, 11 April 2018 - #4327995

Anyone know where the Monthly Prime Freebie is located now?

I always just go to the Renderosity Prime Forum channel to get it. If there is/was another way then I'm not familiar with it.

It's still only the March Freebie, the Medieval Hall by Truform.

anitalee ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:04 AM

Things were SO much easier to get to before. Just one click, now I have to find things deep in meus, really not happy

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:28 AM · edited Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:31 AM

A short description of the product on those thumbnails and the vendor's username if possible please. Thank you!

CaptureScreen.JPG

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:29 AM

There is so much clicking now to get anywhere and find anything.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 2:13 AM

Can't find the _My Wishlist Items On Sale _section any more. Is it hidden somewhere I can't find, is it not there anymore? Thought it was a very handy way to find out which of my wishlist items were on sale (obviously) and it helped to convince me to spend some money here. Would be nice if it came back.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:38 AM

.... Redesign / adjustment.

To quote

"oh no, not again"

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:23 AM

Seems to load faster (always been the slowest site I frequent and I have 300Mbps) but what's gained in loading speed is lost with number of clicks to get anywhere you want to be...oh well

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

zaqxsw ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:23 AM

Who's bright (?) idea was this! If the goal was to make this site significantly less user friendly, then congratulations, you succeeded! Now get your heads out of your butts and put it back the way it was!

sloan ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:46 AM

It seems to me that these huge site overhauls never go well. Last time, because things were such crap, once I found the things I needed, I created a folder within my browser for this site so I have my own set of Quick Links to navigate the mess that is this site. Good job they still work so i don't have to waste my time trying to wade thru things just to go to the things that are important to me as an individual.

On that note, why don't your programmers do just that directly on the site. There are sites I go to that have that feature: a button that says 'Add to my quick links' so I get to create a list of links right there & then that are conveniently stored on-site for me and are tailored for my individual needs, easily found in a menu next to my username.

The site looks much better, but if all that it is doing is just looking better, and functionality is lost/inconvenient for the audience, surely you gotta ask yourself one big question: What's the point?

dogpinshadow ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:47 AM

Hey !!! Renderosity!! Are you really thinking about your member's /artist's needs? While you are trying to figure out how to "debug" the new upgrade...you really should create some type of social media here so that artists can communicate more freely rather than having to wait on a notification...would be nice for you guys to consider this..😀

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 10:20 AM

I like the look, the menus are more modern, the functionality still needs to work. Not being able to go from the wishlist to the shopping cart is a biggie, I was doing that all the time. You really need to reconnect those two.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 11:36 AM · edited Thu, 12 April 2018 at 11:37 AM

I see I can still access my Account, Wishlist and Rewards from the dropdown list next to my Avatar in the upper right corner, but trying to get to my gallery by going through ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the M's in the Artists list is ridiculous!!

Thank goodness I have everything bookmarked, as that's the only way I'll ever get to my gallery in one easy step. ~whew~

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:35 PM

Is anyone from admin even reading this? No responses for a while.

Again... Can you PLEASE reinstate these items that previously appeared under the avatar on the upper right: 1: Notifications on gallery comments 2: Notifications on sitemails

It's a royal PITA to have to go hunting for them.

raven ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 12:44 PM

Miss B posted at 6:41PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328036

I see I can still access my Account, Wishlist and Rewards from the dropdown list next to my Avatar in the upper right corner, but trying to get to my gallery by going through ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the M's in the Artists list is ridiculous!!

Thank goodness I have everything bookmarked, as that's the only way I'll ever get to my gallery in one easy step. ~whew~

From the dropdown menu by your avatar, select profile, and then click the gallery button. That's what I did to get to mine.

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 1:34 PM

I still can't find the comments. Left menu? What left menu...?

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 1:53 PM
goodoleboy ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 2:02 PM

Say, as of yesterday, when I go to my gallery to post new art or photos there is no button or feature to press. I checked closely and I have absolutely no access to post any photographs. My gallery looks like one that a viewer would use to check out and comment on another member's work. goodoleboy.

raven ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 2:15 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2018 at 2:15 PM

goodoleboy posted at 8:12PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328072

Say, as of yesterday, when I go to my gallery to post new art or photos there is no button or feature to press. I checked closely and I have absolutely no access to post any photographs. My gallery looks like one that a viewer would use to check out and comment on another member's work. goodoleboy.

Click the main Galleries button, and in the dropdown of options you can select 'Upload Your Art'. Hope it helps.

upload_option.jpg

goodoleboy ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:04 PM

Thanks to the above contributor, I'm able to post my photographs again. Thanks a ton.

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:14 PM

In the marketplace I can't find the box to search by artist by name. Scrolling through the pages and pages of artists is HOPELESS. Do you really want to make it HARDER to shop, because that is what you have done. I finally found where gallery notifications are buried but it isn't the same as getting the signal of notifications and new site mail at the top of each page. Almost all text fonts are far too dark to be visible on a black background. Was bad before, now worse. Understand these need tuning - hope it doesn't take to long to return site to usability.

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:15 PM

Thank you! TwiztidKidd posted at 3:14PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328069

Try this link:

https://www.renderosity.com/?notifications

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:37 PM

OOOOOO! OOOOO!

I see a little number lighting up next to my avatar...... Yes! It tells me I have notifications! It doesn't tell me if they're gallery or sitemail, but it beats the heck out of nothing at all. THANKS!

Yes. I get excited easily. ?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:40 PM

You're welcome, Angel! I think they just fixed it so it shows in the drop-menu, upper right corner. =)

Rick

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 3:51 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2018 at 4:02 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

RodS posted at 1:50PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328050

Is anyone from admin even reading this? No responses for a while.

Again... Can you PLEASE reinstate these items that previously appeared under the avatar on the upper right: 1: Notifications on gallery comments 2: Notifications on sitemails

It's a royal PITA to have to go hunting for them.

Yes, all these are being read, discussed, and many of the issues worked on. I know you can't see it, but all the Mods and Coords and Admin have a rather long running discussion going on in the Mod Forum as we try to find and fix the problems. All these issues you are finding and reporting is helping to identify problems. Please keep posting things you find or are having issues with, and thanks for being patient.

Edit: You may have already figured out how it works, but the number in the blue circle, top right, is total notifications. From there drop the menu down and you can see the breakdown of where the notifications is coming from.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 6:43 PM

i've not a large dog in this show, more like an itsy puppy, but what's with the large grey swath at the top of each page? i'm using Chrome, 1366 x 768 resolution, if any of that matters... just think it'd be far more effective to move the black RO banner all the way up the to the top of the page so people could see more content immediately, as that is far more inviting to someone to explore/engage right away... or is there some kind of banner ad up there that my ad blockers are mitigating? looks silly if that's the case and i'm thinking the majority of web users block the majority of ads these days... maybe it's just me, but i would think that the identity of the website, for branding purposes, would be at the very top, and not some random ad if that is what it is... shrug

don't come here much anymore, but overall it seems this design just might have some promise to it... need to explore more should i find any time to do so...

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 7:42 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Giana posted at 5:42PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328127

i've not a large dog in this show, more like an itsy puppy, but what's with the large grey swath at the top of each page? i'm using Chrome, 1366 x 768 resolution, if any of that matters... just think it'd be far more effective to move the black RO banner all the way up the to the top of the page so people could see more content immediately, as that is far more inviting to someone to explore/engage right away... or is there some kind of banner ad up there that my ad blockers are mitigating? looks silly if that's the case and i'm thinking the majority of web users block the majority of ads these days... maybe it's just me, but i would think that the identity of the website, for branding purposes, would be at the very top, and not some random ad if that is what it is... shrug

don't come here much anymore, but overall it seems this design just might have some promise to it... need to explore more should i find any time to do so...

That empty spot is a banner ad being blocked by your ad blocker.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.