Sat, Oct 5, 9:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Evolution's progress

erogenesis ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 3:38 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

Sorry for the long silence. I am still working on the following for Project Evolution:

• Naughty / Nice Update on CGbytes (detailed gens or no detailed gens)
  • Morph update for Evolution hair
  • Renderosity Release as soon as I can after first two updates
  • Possible Content Paradise release
  • helping with Basic wear for Evolution
  • Erotica Addon pack

Everything above is subject to the time I have available.

Like I said in January, I would be making comics again for a while, which I've been doing, and to be honest, I just haven't had the time or energy for PE since then. I was so caught up in Project Evolution last year I neglected a whole bunch of things in my life, from personal, to health, to artwork, and I've been doing nothing else but catching up. Therefore I have also been offline a lot, to help with getting myself back on track. Being online is so incredibly distracting these days.

I'm glad to see people playing around with PE, and I'm hearing positive things from folks that are using her for their art. Honestly I didn't expect PE to get this far even. Therefore, my efforts weren't in vein!

Please understand that I never planned to become a content creator or vendor, I am a comic artist that makes content for his own comics. Most of my 3D products were requests from the community, and PE was something that needed to be done, and I knew I could pull it off... but I bit off way more than I could chew, PE took quite a toll on me. Making content for commercial use (if you do it properly) is much harder than just making it for yourself. There is no such thing as improvising, everything has to be very deliberate, designed, planned... and at the same time you also need to be a businessman, which I suck at. Figures like this should not be made by one dude, but by a company with people dedicated to every aspect, development, rigging, modeling, marketing, etc. I'm in way over my head, all I want to do is write stories. I have dedicated over two years (four if you include research and training) on PE and TaB, and they cut drastically into my comic production plans. I am happy I made them, I see people enjoy them, which is great, but I feel I have done enough on those projects for a while, and I really need to get back on track with my main job: comics. I hope you understand.

In the meanwhile I'm making plans to outsource PE's further development, to guarantee that she stays actual for you. And my updates will come in due time, a month maybe?

Cheers for now e

PS: did I mention comics?

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 3:41 PM

👍

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 4:29 PM

It’s great to hear from you! Updates whenevah. She’s great now. PE inspired me to create my first actual things with obj’s and all-Shoes! Now work for her is spinning off for other under-served figures. And more is coming! Thanks for everything you’ve done so far. Spinning off the upkeep makes perfect sense.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 7:47 PM

Thanks for the update. PE is a great figure but I still reckon you should have called her Ebola or something like that. ;)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 10:51 PM

It's good to hear from you Ero, and I have to agree that out sourcing more development of PE is a good way to go. Considering how much you accomplished by yourself is amazing, and it's certainly not surprising you've burned out. Now you have to take care of your health, both physical and emotional, because no matter how much we like PE, and want to see more done with her, and for her, real life comes first.

Take it easy Ero, and just stop by every now and then, and let us know how you are doing.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2018 at 9:48 AM

Wonderful to hear about the update, follow your bliss and take care of yourself!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Digitell ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2018 at 1:50 PM

Great to hear from you again! I agree that this must have taken a great toll on you and sucked everything out of your life.

You do need to just out source the other things..you have gone above and beyond what could be expected out of anyone.

We are so grateful for what you have done for the PE project and all the help you have given us in use of her!

Thank you!

Take care of yourself and enjoy life!

Cheers! 🍻

meatSim ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2018 at 1:52 PM

Any word on who is stepping in to take over development of the project? I feel like Evolution is one of the most complete and 'ready for prime time' figures released to date and yet very little support has show up for it yet. I feel like a public game plan going forward might be needed if any significant adoption is going to occur. Not saying all the details need to be out there but it would be great to have some sort of specifics.

I've had a bit of money set aside to purchase products for E, but since launch I have only seen a small (but nice) collection of dynamics come out and that's a bit of a red flag with ongoing development being a rather large question mark right now. A more concrete gameplan may shore up concerns as to whether the figure is wise to continue to invest in

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2018 at 2:23 PM

Well there's quite a lot of FREE clothes for her ;) (I should know, I've made quite a bunch of it ;) )

So I'd say she is gaining momentum, but the more people who buy her, the more content will pop up. It's a cause and effect thing. More users = more stuff = more users :)

So let's get the ball rolling! PE certainly deserves fame! She's possibly the best thing ever made for Poser.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2018 at 9:12 AM

I'm so glad to see PE in the world & can't wait until we get it here at Rendo! ♥

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2018 at 11:21 AM · edited Sun, 08 April 2018 at 11:27 AM
Forum Coordinator

With regard to clothing fro PE: I have 4 dynamic $0.00 items out now on Conent Paradise and a queue of 26 other items waiting to be tested for compatibility with Poser Cloth room and be made ready for release. I intend to do one or two per week depending on gusto, time avilable, and cleverness of the Poser Cloth room. Experience of last weeks is queue grows, LOL! .

Items may appear here at Rendo also depending on developents.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2018 at 7:12 PM

I really like her and I'd like to do some clothes, maybe a character or 2. She's the prettiest out of the box with no stick figure look to her. Excellent job!

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 3:14 AM

Been missing from the 3D world for quite some time, so don't frown when I ask this lol. Where do you get ProjectE? Have been thinking about picking back up on making characters, and since I've learned that there's PE and Dawn/Dusk, and people starting to get them (especially Poser people), was thinking to span out from V4 and make characters for these others. And if I can get away with it, I can make young characters like I have in my store.

...wolfie

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 4:37 AM

PE is at CGBYTES, though Ero says he is preparing a release here, when TBD.

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 10:27 AM

jamminwolf posted at 5:27PM Mon, 09 April 2018 - #4327731

Been missing from the 3D world for quite some time, so don't frown when I ask this lol. Where do you get ProjectE? Have been thinking about picking back up on making characters, and since I've learned that there's PE and Dawn/Dusk, and people starting to get them (especially Poser people), was thinking to span out from V4 and make characters for these others. And if I can get away with it, I can make young characters like I have in my store.

...wolfie

Ya should really get her. 😉

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 5:25 PM

RobZhena posted at 5:23PM Mon, 09 April 2018 - #4327738

PE is at CGBYTES, though Ero says he is preparing a release here, when TBD.

That's great, I'll wait till she's released here, that way if I have some store credit left, I'll use it. Thanks Rob!

Ghostman, yes, I went to Ero's art and see that this base is very beautiful!

...wolfie

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 6:57 PM · edited Fri, 13 April 2018 at 6:58 PM

For those that use Marvelous Designer, I am in the process of packing up a set of (free) sloper outfits for all the PE morphs. This will make creation of MD clothing for PE and all her different shapes a bit easier. Each is individually fitted to the shape and size of each of the included morphs [Aino, Anna, Bantu, Default, Emma, Lil Pudgy Elf, Lucia, Night Elf, Nordic, Regular Girl, Samaira, Smexy Layday, and Yamato] Once zipped and ready, they will be at my ShareCG site... and I'll post notice here at Rendo as well. They should be ready some time this weekend. MorphSlopers1.jpg

MorphSlopers2.jpg

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

movida ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 8:45 PM

Thank you Rosemary :)

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 11:15 PM

movida posted at 9:12PM Fri, 13 April 2018 - #4328256

Thank you Rosemary :)

I kinda had to do it for myself in the first place. MD doesn't 'read' the surface of PE as one mesh, when I import it, so using the Trace/Flatten method to develop patterns for PE and her shapes was out. So, I made the set of slopers, so I could make more (other) garments later without re-inventing the wheel each time. Once they were done, I knew other MD users would like the same convenience, so .....

RosemaryR

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 11:53 PM

The MD sloper files are now posted at ShareCG under my (same) user name. Have fun, MD users!

RosemaryR

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.