Sat, Sep 21, 2:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please tell me this isn't done

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:12 PM

wolfenshire posted at 7:07PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328105

Yes, all these are being read, discussed, and many of the issues worked on. I know you can't see it, but all the Mods and Coords and Admin have a rather long running discussion going on in the Mod Forum as we try to find and fix the problems. All these issues you are finding and reporting is helping to identify problems. Please keep posting things you find or are having issues with, and thanks for being patient.

Edit: You may have already figured out how it works, but the number in the blue circle, top right, is total notifications. From there drop the menu down and you can see the breakdown of where the notifications is coming from.

Thanks for the update! Yep - I did see the little circle with the number, and figured it reflected both galleries and sitemails. Glad to see it - at least now we know when there's something waiting in the notification area. I liked it when there was an icon for each, but I can certainly live with this.

I've not run into any major bugs today. Glad all the mods and admins are listening! Thanks!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

IceDragonArt ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 8:39 PM

I can't even figure out how to add anything to my gallery anymore! I can look at it but I can't load anything to it. Nothing I click on works!

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2018 at 10:24 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2018 at 10:25 PM

raven posted at 11:22PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328052

Miss B posted at 6:41PM Thu, 12 April 2018 - #4328036

I see I can still access my Account, Wishlist and Rewards from the dropdown list next to my Avatar in the upper right corner, but trying to get to my gallery by going through ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the M's in the Artists list is ridiculous!!

Thank goodness I have everything bookmarked, as that's the only way I'll ever get to my gallery in one easy step. ~whew~

From the dropdown menu by your avatar, select profile, and then click the gallery button. That's what I did to get to mine.

Well I just checked, and they've moved the Gallery link to the first group in the main dropdown list. Now it's just below the Profile link. Thanks to whomever did that. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 12:13 AM

First just let me say I do like the look of the site better and it is faster.

I do gotta say tho, you couldn't get rid of the markdown garbage? PALEEEESE can't we just have a regular textbox like we did before the last tragic and disasterous site redesign? I have zero interest in learning any markdown and I'm sure not going to do it for one website that I visit sporadically (and this is the only website I visit that uses it).

As for the freestuff and gallery uploads: I found them, but they're a bit unintuitive. While I'm looking at my freestuff page or my gallery page, I've STILL got to click the main freestuff or galleries links to upload when there's a bunch of buttons right at the top of my page of thumbnails. Why not there? (which is the first place my eyes went to for the links btw).

Just some cheap advice :).

Laurie

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 5:50 PM

Needs a bit more (or at least some) design work.

I'm not in the habit of fullscreening my browser window; it makes it more difficult to read long blocks of wide lines of text. Of course, my usual browser window size is narrower than the decided-upon minimum width of the new page design. What this boils down to is that the left side of the page header (Renderosity logo and search bar) is overlaid with the right side (cart icon, my avatar, "my name" dropdown menu). It looks sloppy and untidy.

Why is the link to my cart not (or not also) in the dropdown beside the wishlist link?

I never realised how handy the one-click link between wishlist and cart was. This needs to be put back in.

Is the blank area above the page header supposed to be a blocked ad? Sorry, nothing will persuade me to turn off AdBlocker — every time I try, my pages turn into an untidy mass of clutter.

Oblomov ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2018 at 10:05 PM

Somebody help me out here. Just logged in to upload some art and everything has changed - where is the "upload art" button?, There are no dropdowns, nothing. HELP!

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 12:12 AM
Site Admin

Oblomov posted at 10:11PM Fri, 13 April 2018 - #4328258

Somebody help me out here. Just logged in to upload some art and everything has changed - where is the "upload art" button?, There are no dropdowns, nothing. HELP!

In the bar at the top you see the word 'Galleries', click on that and a menu drops down, there you will see the 'Upload Art' button.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Oblomov ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 2:09 AM

Thanks Wolfenshire

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 4:39 AM

Savage_dragon posted at 11:38AM Sat, 14 April 2018 - #4328063

I still can't find the comments. Left menu? What left menu...?

Savage I see it to up right......

Schermata Account.png

My Store

My Freestuff

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 4:41 AM

For the sections of the market there is a drop-down menu

Schermata Market.png

My Store

My Freestuff

X-PaX ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 11:51 AM

To get to individual pages faster I have created several bookmarks.
It would be very nice if you could go directly back to the previously opened page after logging in. For me, this would considerably increase usability.
What do you think about this RR?

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 1:20 PM

I can tell people worked hard on this redesign, but it needs a lot of work.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2018 at 5:40 AM

And yet we still have the (dead) markdown language text editor....

Not really a fix is it?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2018 at 6:32 PM
Site Admin

I'm not able to view gallery images on my iphone. I can get to the gallery pages but tapping an image or the quick view icon does nothing.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 4:31 AM

I also checked the "free" section. There is no longer the possibility of searching in this section.

My Store

My Freestuff

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 5:20 AM
Site Admin

RAGraphicDesign posted at 3:18AM Mon, 16 April 2018 - #4328408

I also checked the "free" section. There is no longer the possibility of searching in this section.

Look at the very top, where the search bar is, marketplace is the default, but that drops down and you can search freestuff.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 6:24 AM

wolfenshire posted at 1:23PM Mon, 16 April 2018 - #4328409

RAGraphicDesign posted at 3:18AM Mon, 16 April 2018 - #4328408

Look at the very top, where the search bar is, marketplace is the default, but that drops down and you can search freestuff.

I expressed myself badly: on the previous site - when you had arrived in the "free" section - it was possible you could type in a word and search. Now it is no longer possible: and it is difficult to leaf through dozens of pages to look for something....

Schermata 2018-04-16 alle 13.16.37.png

My Store

My Freestuff

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 7:53 AM
Site Admin

@RAGraphicDesign

It's all good, I guess I don't understand what it is you're looking for. The search bar appears at the top on every page. You can search freestuff from anywhere on the site, you don't have to go to the freestuff section, you just use the search bar to find anything from anywhere.

Screenshot from 2018-04-16 05-42-11.png

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 8:10 AM

wolfenshire, thanks for the clarification :)

My Store

My Freestuff

Doc000 ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 8:55 AM

First of all...way too clicky. You've made it necessary to make multiple clicks to do things that used to only take one. That's awful design.

Secondly, can you PLEASE put back the drop down menu of merchants? Now if I want to find a specific merchant, I actually have to use the search function or open a freakin' huge page that lists ALL mechants. Once again, awful design.

Was this thing even beta tested with actual users? I don't remember seeing any sort of notification that this was happening.

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2018 at 9:50 AM

yup, it was an ad at the top that was giving me the big grey inch or more of nothingness. apparently easily resolved by adding yet another ad blocker that removes the space as well. and that also helped me not have to scroll to log in or out any longer either.

so, i 'spose the moral of it all boils down to this: subscribe heavily in ad blockers and this site becomes infinitely easier to use :)

gotta say tho', this re-design, imo, is much better than the last incarnation overall, so cheers on that. p'raps finer tweaking will occur, but at least one can navigate more intuitively [even if there might be one+ more clicks]. i do like the suggestion of being able to make my own bookmarks onsite - didn't know such a thing was even out there, but it'd be awesome if RO could manage that trick...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.