Sun, Oct 6, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

TrueLight ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 6:45 PM

I still use V4/A4 (and am still running Daz studio 3.1) because Poser of any number is confusing, Daz studio 4 is confusing and evil, and I spent over $2000 dollars of V4/A4 items over the years.

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2015 at 11:49 PM

$2000?? you're getting off light... ;)

Coleman ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2015 at 11:53 AM · edited Sat, 19 December 2015 at 11:54 AM

The thing is with DAZ ( I've learned having to start all over like a new puppy )... in DAZ Studio you CAN use all V4 on Genesis1 and 2 females... DAZ Studio will automatically weight map the clothes when you 'conform' them. Also, if you buy the utilities, Genesis females 1 and 2 can use all V4 skins and morphs. There's also utilities sold by 3rd party vendors to make all V4 poses work on Genesis 1 and 2 characters.

This means you never have to give up V4. She can even wear any clothes made for Genesis 1 and 2 ... and hair and skins.

DAZ spent all these years since Poser 5 working on a eternally beta Daz Studio building it upon all the mistakes Poser made. Poser is the pioneer software... it had to make mistakes because it was the one of kind app. DAZ had the luxury of watching what mistakes were made with Poser and building their app to get around these limitations. I think Poser has been the better app for many years, but ( stealing Poser ideas and being able to learn from the breakthrough concepts Poser introduced ) DAZ Studio has now surpassed Poser.

It has surpassed it because DAZ began as a high quality 3d figure company and they can blend their high quality character tech with their app that learned from Poser.

The DAZ store/marketing department itself has sucked donkey droppings at selling this point for some reason and focused on a DSON dinosaur that is a complete waste of time to battle.

If you love V4 and the generation 3... vicki3, mike3... etc... and don't want new content... you are rocking with Poser. If you want to use the new content of Genesis you will have to run through hoops and barrels to use it to it's fullest morphing capabilities in Poser.

If you render fully clothed characters all the weight map bending BS doesn't matter to you anyways... weight mapped blue jeans is a complete waste of time.

Daz used their high end 3d figures to their full potential with DAZ Studio 4+ . You will never enjoy this with Poser... but Vicki4 is the perfect figure for Poser. Vicki 4/Mike 4 will be the eternal best Poser figures... sorry Pauline

unrealblue ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2016 at 10:20 PM

The best + best supported figure for Poser. The WM version along with various joint morphs, for when the poses are extreme (aka natural) and the joint is visible (aka: unclothed). Also works well with dynamic clothing, so long as the clothing is a dress or skirt. Combined with the ease of rendering photo-realistic images using Reality+LuxRender and I'm happy with v4.

I have way too much V4 stuff and it's way too expensive to replace it all. This is not my only hobby :)

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2016 at 3:56 PM

Is the WM version still available, post RDNA shutting down? If so (and we don't have one yet at Renderosity), I'd like to suggest a sticky with links to essential content, be they offsite or not, in the name of community.

unrealblue ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2016 at 5:10 PM · edited Mon, 31 October 2016 at 5:12 PM

Netherworks posted at 8:59AM Tue, 01 November 2016 - #4288414

Is the WM version still available, post RDNA shutting down? If so (and we don't have one yet at Renderosity), I'd like to suggest a sticky with links to essential content, be they offsite or not, in the name of community.

Here? http://www.runtimedna.com/WMV4.html

Just did this with her, after being away from the whole CGI thing for quite a bit (since Poser11 was released). No post work at all. While I can't say that I'm entirely happy with the "state of things" in poser-ville I continue to be super happy with v4wm 😀

erin 5.5.png

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2016 at 6:56 PM · edited Mon, 31 October 2016 at 6:56 PM

Thank you all so far This is a good thread ... but please, we are teetering on the edge of a software debate and we don't want that, ok folks? Theonnes, that is a lovely image! You've done a great job!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

3Dave ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 12:16 PM

Why am I still using V4/M4? Because I've got 10 years or more collected stuff for them and for the most part they still do all that I need of them. So even if a new figure came along that I really liked I'd have to start from scratch buying all the same stuff again.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 3:37 PM · edited Mon, 07 November 2016 at 3:37 PM

I still use V4 now and again because I can't be arsed to convert stuff and don't like faffing about with human figures all that much anyhow. I have tons of others to use, so I don't stick with V4 in any case.

In all truth, I have never really liked V4 as much as other figures. I first liked the model because it seemed to bend better than V3 but I soon saw there were too many fudges, shortcomings and general frustrations. I have two different weight mapped versions, both of which are ok but almost every time I use V4 - or any other human figure, for that matter - I get increasingly pissed off with how limited they are. It's probably why I stick to making and using hard surface models most of the time, and why I don't post many renders these days.

One other thing about V4 that really, really gets my goat is, no matter what you do - unless you play with the mesh to Blackhearted standards - it always looks like V4. That fucking awful body shape and the default head (which looks like David Walliams) and overlarge eyes is enough to drive a strong man to drink. Said it before and I'll say it again... V4 looks like a smashed crab.

When I get the cash together (buy my stuff, you buggers!) I'll invest in the Genesis stuff. Most likely use them in Daz and Poser, since it's good sense for me to have knowledge of both apps. I may even regain an interest in human figures again.

For now, I'm as content as possible, given the above. I have all the old Daz figures and seeing as they don't go mouldy (or moldy, as you US types would say) with age, I can always blow the cobwebs off 'em and have another go. I still have some real old obscurities, such as Natalia, Dina, VinaD, Amy and a few others. I even had some Nesterenko figures but I deleted them because they were, frankly, crap and parts of their meshes were stolen from other figures.

Of all the current Poser compatible figures I have, I really like Blackhearted's Anastasia. Apart from the giraffe neck, that is. Sorry Gabe. :)

Added language advisory but it doesn't seem to have taken.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 3:41 PM

Addendum:

My all time favourite Daz figure is Stephanie. The original Steph, that is. Preferably with the Steph Max morphs added. Despite the fact it bends like glass, I think it's the best stab yet for an old school figure. Someone to take the basic shape and morphs, update with WM, now that would be my go to female.

My Store

My Gallery

Cool3dReviews ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 8:01 AM

Because M4/V4 both work in Daz AND Poser.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2016 at 1:34 PM

Because it is the only one with more than a couple of non-Caucasian figures. That is mainly why I use V4 - with Caucasians, I use other figures.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 7:40 PM · edited Wed, 09 November 2016 at 7:43 PM

I still use V4 and M4 for monster/character morphs that I don't have for Genesis 1 and up. I'm with SamT in that I never really took to V4/M4 and never did build a very large library of stuff for them. My favorite characters have always been Miki 1 and 2, anything Blackhearted touched, Mankahoo's Angela and Aiko 3. I basically skipped over V4/M4 to Genesis 1/2/3 and I have a fondness for the monstrosities from Genesis 1. Dariofish's stuff are definite favorites.

In the newer render engines for Poser and DS I'm finding even old content looks fantastic with just a little subdivision/smoothing, so really, there's no reason to give up anything ;). We can use it all and nearly all of it still looks great depending on POV

Laurie

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2016 at 1:36 AM

LaurieA posted at 2:33AM Sun, 13 November 2016 - #4289516

I still use V4 and M4 for monster/character morphs that I don't have for Genesis 1 and up. I'm with SamT in that I never really took to V4/M4 and never did build a very large library of stuff for them. My favorite characters have always been Miki 1 and 2, anything Blackhearted touched, Mankahoo's Angela and Aiko 3. I basically skipped over V4/M4 to Genesis 1/2/3 and I have a fondness for the monstrosities from Genesis 1. Dariofish's stuff are definite favorites.

In the newer render engines for Poser and DS I'm finding even old content looks fantastic with just a little subdivision/smoothing, so really, there's no reason to give up anything ;). We can use it all and nearly all of it still looks great depending on POV

Laurie

Funny thing for me is that while I love V4, I was never a big fan of Stephanie 4 or Aiko 4. I was never a fan of the Realistic morph for Aiko 3 either. And no I don't like any of the Aiko style morph's for Genesis either. The realistic aspect just kills the anime aspect and that's what I want and like.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2016 at 6:01 AM

EClark1894 posted at 12:00PM Sun, 13 November 2016 - #4289919

LaurieA posted at 2:33AM Sun, 13 November 2016 - #4289516

Laurie

Funny thing for me is that while I love V4, I was never a big fan of Stephanie 4 or Aiko 4. I was never a fan of the Realistic morph for Aiko 3 either. And no I don't like any of the Aiko style morph's for Genesis either. The realistic aspect just kills the anime aspect and that's what I want and like.

Funny how things work out. I prefer A3 Realistic, and the A4 S4 variants to the others. Contrary? Me?

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 10:10 PM

I've been using Grim a lot lately, so what does that tell ya? Still the best looking ghoulish figure out there. Just pose him so that that horrible rigging doesn't look too terrible. LOL. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to fix that ;). And the Gremlin. Still love him too. I even used the OLD old Fairie a few months back. LOL Truth is, doesn't matter how old a figure is, it's how it's used and the quality of shaders and textures that sells it ;). I know personally with some artists and their finesse I have trouble telling between V4 and any of the newer Genesis versions...hehe. And let's face it - V4 has a lot of great morphs and textures. Certainly anything that would rival any brand spankin new figure.

I was just musing the other day how realistic some of the base Genesis 3 figures look - a lot like real people and yet, some of the characters coming out look a lot like V4 and M4...lol.

Laurie

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2016 at 4:52 AM

thoennes posted at 2:51AM Tue, 15 November 2016 - #4288431

Just did this with her, after being away from the whole CGI thing for quite a bit (since Poser11 was released). No post work at all. While I can't say that I'm entirely happy with the "state of things" in poser-ville I continue to be super happy with v4wm 😀

erin 5.5.png

The glossiness in her eyes makes it look like she's on the verge of crying. That's a really powerful message considering what this thread is about.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2016 at 3:31 AM · edited Thu, 17 November 2016 at 3:32 AM

Still using V4? Really I'm just getting started. I can see by the above render she looks pretty good!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2016 at 3:49 AM

I just picked her up again. I got silly and took her out of my runtime awhile back. Don't know what possessed me to do that. My excuse was all the stuff you have to do to her before you can use her. But Dawn is the same way. Excuse gone. V4 back.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2016 at 3:32 PM

rokket posted at 4:31PM Fri, 18 November 2016 - #4290336

I just picked her up again. I got silly and took her out of my runtime awhile back. Don't know what possessed me to do that. My excuse was all the stuff you have to do to her before you can use her. But Dawn is the same way. Excuse gone. V4 back.

Really? What do you have to do to Dawn? I just load her, run her through EzSkin and go from there.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2016 at 6:24 PM

She has base morphs that have to be loaded and such, just like V4...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2016 at 11:18 PM

That all? You know you can just add the morphs you use the most like hand and face, breast sizes etc. then save that file as a custom ready to use V4. I saved one in my main Daz runtime years ago back when she first came out.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 2:10 PM

wow dis thread is looooong! so my two bits:

1. investment.....too heavily invested in body fix morphs, pose morphs, hair, clothes props and accessories and skins
  2. support for her was longer term than the newer daz figures who keep updating their figures every year it seems and do not seem to want to allow third party vendors to catch up and offer the same collection of add-ons that have gathered for V4.
  3. I see what happened to Antonia Polygon, started as a Poserverse group project and taken up by RDNA and now....what?.....ABANDONED with the closing of RDNA! I think the fact V4 has been around so long is the appeal of the community and the support of the community. All others including the out of the box Poser figures that have come out and still do come out are not as nice looking out of the box (at least i have seen very few characters or renders of these newer girls that look as nice as V4 did and still do). If the D/S figures played nice in Poser w/o that damn DSON crap I would probably have invested. I see a lot of nice renders with those figures and i love the unimesh creature options that they have offered as builds for the figures. but still too much of heavy re-investment for dis guy to trip over. The Mil 4 figures will be the last i will buy i think.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 2:19 PM

rokket posted at 2:12PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4290097

erin 5.5.png

The glossiness in her eyes makes it look like she's on the verge of crying. That's a really powerful message considering what this thread is about.

I got the V4WM when it was first released...well.......EVRYWHERE!....and hav not used her ye because i am still not sure if i can include all my custom morphs I use all the time form my plain ole V4/S4/G4/A4 Goulash figures. Love to spin dials and create as many possible figures as I can it seems but not sure i can do that for V4WM. Using her do you use any of the commercially available body adjust/enhance/fix morphs available like Meipei's Perfect series for instance or Posermatic's beautiful breast enhancers and pose morphs or even Erogenesis' LaliBits? If I know those morphs especially as well as all the clothes and shoes and accessories i have invested in for V4 will work for V4WM I will put her in the Runtime quick as a bee! I know too that AerySoul or whatever they called themselves when still at RDNA did a really nice quasi V4WM version for V4 called Alice something and though i have her too I have not used her either......god there must be something wrong with me!

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 2:29 PM

Netherworks posted at 2:27PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4288414

Still available at RDNA (they are still open BTW and have a big sale trying to sell whatever was NOT migrated to DAZ which I just do not understand I loved that site) and Renderotica and I think I did see a version of her here as well when it first came out.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 2:38 PM

RobZhena posted at 2:35PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4223201

Hmm. Second pic.Antonia to KEZ.jpg

Nice seeing these figures together. But you did forget the P5 Judy who though ugly out of the box and went to pieces when extreme poses were use---same as pretty much all of the from the past had a few really nice 3rd party morphs and textures available for her in her day! Personally I went from V2 right to V4 and though i got a lot of V3 stuff never did like those damn line backer shoulders and collar nasties so never really used her......jeesh what a frelling waste of money. did someone say $2000 invested......invested way more than that over the poser years since P4.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 2:49 PM

Kalypso posted at 2:48PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4213607

I still use V4 for all the assets I've accumulated throughout the years and the ease with which I can work with her.   I don't find it hard to un-vickify her or give her expressions.   I spin dials, I move stuff around, I play with scaling and that's part of the fun!  The addons like Perfect Victoria, Real arms, and many other morph resources make it easy for me to pose and morph her.   I don't doubt Vicki 7 will be much better but as a hobbyist for the past 16 years I figure I don't need to spend more money when I still haven't used over 50% of what I've bought for her not to mention what I haven't even installed yet.

file_045117b0e0a11a242b9765e79cbf113f.jp 

Wow dear really nice use of V4. I also feel what you say about still not having used 50% of what you got for her....feel the same way and may never use all the Poser stuff in general I have accumulated in hat is left of my frelling life either. :)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 3:49 PM

shante posted at 4:45PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4290713

1. investment.....too heavily invested in body fix morphs, pose morphs, hair, clothes props and accessories and skins
  2. support for her was longer term than the newer daz figures who keep updating their figures every year it seems and do not seem to want to allow third party vendors to catch up and offer the same collection of add-ons that have gathered for V4.
  3. I see what happened to Antonia Polygon, started as a Poserverse group project and taken up by RDNA and now....what?.....ABANDONED with the closing of RDNA! I think the fact V4 has been around so long is the appeal of the community and the support of the community. All others including the out of the box Poser figures that have come out and still do come out are not as nice looking out of the box (at least i have seen very few characters or renders of these newer girls that look as nice as V4 did and still do). If the D/S figures played nice in Poser w/o that damn DSON crap I would probably have invested. I see a lot of nice renders with those figures and i love the unimesh creature options that they have offered as builds for the figures. but still too much of heavy re-investment for dis guy to trip over. The Mil 4 figures will be the last i will buy i think.

I think I owe them this because of the debate on the SM forum, but have you tried the utility for G3 from Will Dial and Lululee?

Also, an effort is being made to find home for Antonia Polygon now. It's looking like it may be at CP. Also A3Hd has offered to host her on his site.

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 4:07 PM · edited Wed, 23 November 2016 at 4:12 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:06PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4290727

shante posted at 4:45PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4290713

I think I owe them this because of the debate on the SM forum, but have you tried the utility for G3 from Will Dial and Lululee?

Also, an effort is being made to find home for Antonia Polygon now. It's looking like it may be at CP. Also A3Hd has offered to host her on his site.

Oh cool! thanks for that info. That utility s for characters only is it not? For instance I have a cool ranger bow set where the bow is made of tree branches. I bought it hoping to make it functional in Poser via the DSON crappy thingy. i never got it to work. I would love to be able to get it to work in Poser. Also have a cool cloth collar/off shoulder fantasy top I got with the same high hope which ended in same result. I at least got my money back for that just barely. But would have loved to have that work in Poser too. THat is not even including all the environments and sets created by long standing Poser vendors now migrating to the DAZ side. Just sucks. :(

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 4:51 PM

I thought there was an object file included in the data folder for DS props.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2016 at 7:40 AM · edited Mon, 19 December 2016 at 7:41 AM

I use mostly V4, M4, K4 and A3. For the their "morph" I like to do them by myself, even though I love buying textures for skins (if I see some really tempting and beautiful). The result Is that even using products and dated figures, I can get my only characters. For a holiday image I just used Aiko 3 and stuff "very dated"..

Here

and, for Halloween, I did this with M3 Here

My Store

My Freestuff

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2016 at 5:43 PM

thoennes posted at 4:39PM Wed, 21 December 2016 - #4288431

erin 5.5.png

Love the image.

I was going to post to not rely on that link for very long as it inevitable that the site will get dismantled sooner than later. I do have the WM version but just tried to the link to see and it's dead. If there's any posts or other things from there you still want, I'd get them now. Like, you know, yesterday :)

unrealblue ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 10:14 PM

shante posted at 1:04PM Thu, 08 June 2017 - #4290715

rokket posted at 2:12PM Wed, 23 November 2016 - #4290097

erin 5.5.png

I got the V4WM when it was first released...well.......EVRYWHERE!....and hav not used her ye because i am still not sure if i can include all my custom morphs I use all the time form my plain ole V4/S4/G4/A4 Goulash figures. Love to spin dials and create as many possible figures as I can it seems but not sure i can do that for V4WM. Using her do you use any of the commercially available body adjust/enhance/fix morphs available like Meipei's Perfect series for instance or Posermatic's beautiful breast enhancers and pose morphs or even Erogenesis' LaliBits? If I know those morphs especially as well as all the clothes and shoes and accessories i have invested in for V4 will work for V4WM I will put her in the Runtime quick as a bee! I know too that AerySoul or whatever they called themselves when still at RDNA did a really nice quasi V4WM version for V4 called Alice something and though i have her too I have not used her either......god there must be something wrong with me!

Oh wow, weird. I was searching in Google for something completely other and came across this thread and read along it without realizing that not only had I read it before, but I posted to it :D

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but yes, a lot of the morph packs work. most. I have the perfect morphs and made a V4WM-Perfect figure. However, what a lot of the perfect morphs do is already part of v4WM. Not all of them. But you can get some weird effects when two different things (WMing and Joint fix morphs at the same time) are messing with what they think is base v4 joint.

The character is obviously extensively morphed, mostly using Morphs++. Rendered with Luxrender, courtesy of Reality.

I forgot I even made that render. I really need to review what's I've stashed away in Bitbucket. 😀

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2017 at 7:37 AM

Depends what you want to create. For the little pictures I put together I find V4 (and all the morphs and clobber I have for her) is quite sufficient. And, as has been pointed out so often before, you can spin dials to create your own morphs and use any mat with any morph. I also still use M4, M3, V3 and A3 - plus James and occasionally Simon.

cyanthree ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 4:48 PM

I spent a lot of money on getting content for V4 and although I do also do some stuff with V6 I don`t like her as a figure as much and shes not as easy to work with. Also problem I find with the new genesis models is they seem to just update them so often with little change to the look and then no new stuff gets released for any of the older ones, its just re-released stuff which you have to buy again for your new figure, as well as all the expense of buying the new latest base figures again.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 3:59 PM

That is the business model - it is all about churn. They don't sell the software, so they have to reset every couple of years.

The "iconic shapes" usually get less than 1/2 dozen characters (at launch) and that is it.

They also go up in price with each version. There is more than 1 V8 priced at $24.95 over at Daz.

Each time they do it, they make V4 a better value.

OTOH, I am steadily dropping legacy figures like V4 for modern figures like Dawn, Pauline, Dusk, and Paul. I do use Daz figures, but they are for specialty uses (Children, Teenagers, and Aliens).

Right tool for the right job. What is so great about Poser is that I can move my assets around, with things like the fitting room, the cloth room, HCS, and Texture Transformer. I am not forced to replace everything.

Well, except for shoes - shoes are still an issue.

wolfesbain ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2018 at 3:53 PM

I know this has been idle for a while, but I wanted to add my two cents. I started with Poser 8 and upgraded to Poser 9 a couple years later. After a short stint with the Poser 8 included figures, I got the MIL4 figures and have never looked back. I'm still using Poser 9 exclusively and have gigabytes of V4/M4 content. Once you reach a certain level of financial commitment, it's very difficult to justify incorporating the newer characters when there is no built in "backward compatibility", and you have to convert the content manually, (when it's even possible), or start from scratch. With all of the content available for those characters, I can't ever imagine changing at this time, unless I am gripped with a sudden madness that compels me to learn DaZ and start over.CGIdeasMagCover1.jpg

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2018 at 3:39 AM

DAZ has the reputation of re-inventing the warm water every year or 2, but V4/M4 will at least be baked into this and the next generation.

Why? a) They are good solid figures. b) There was, and is, and will be new stuff for them for years to come. c) They have NO Poser competition to speak off. d) Poser users invested too much of their hard earned hobby money to simply move away to a DSON / Poser crashing and memory hungry alternate.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2018 at 7:20 AM

What of the much anticipated Project E??? is she not the new Default Poser female..after the "outsourcing" of her is settled and the content comes flooding in??

My website

YouTube Channel

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2018 at 3:23 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2018 at 3:31 PM

wolf359 posted at 3:20PM Tue, 24 April 2018 - #4328823

What of the much anticipated Project E??? is she not the new Default Poser female..after the "outsourcing" of her is settled and the content comes flooding in??

Sorry >@woof359<, but how does this concern you, as a DAZ vendor? Just another try to stir up shit as you like to do?? Until i've got an explanation I'll consider your post as what it is - TROLL JUNK. -K-

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2018 at 2:23 AM · edited Wed, 25 April 2018 at 2:26 AM

wolf359 posted at 3:17AM Wed, 25 April 2018 - #4328823

Same thing that happens to all new meshes. DAZ didn't make them. Even Dawn made buy HW3D is where DAZ divided Didn't make it. I so don't care what app or mesh any one uses. but DAZ V4 vs DAZ V5 does seem a bit pointless. They all look just a like to me. Variety is the spice of life

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2018 at 7:49 AM · edited Wed, 25 April 2018 at 7:50 AM

" but how does this concern you, as a DAZ vendor?"

Not a Daz vendor Mate, My animation products for genesis 2 for Daz studio and Poser via DSON are sold over at Flipbook marketDOTcom

It is interesting that you are so emotionally triggered by the mere mention of the Project E figure in a V4 thread ,like some grieving parent reacting to the inappropriate mentioning of a recently deceased child.

I remember mentioning the continued utility of V4 in the original Project E thread and I literally received a Death threat on the PM system here involving fracturing my skull or some nonsense... how times have changed :-)

Same thing that happens to all new meshes. DAZ didn't make them.

You seem to be unilaterally declaring Project E failure because it is not a Daz figure.

It has not been six months, at least wait until the outsourcing is officially established and see who takes over content development

(obviously it wont be Gabriel/ Blackhearted).

My website

YouTube Channel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2018 at 10:41 AM

wolf359 posted at 11:37AM Wed, 25 April 2018 - #4328866

" but how does this concern you, as a DAZ vendor?"

Not a Daz vendor Mate, My animation products for genesis 2 for Daz studio and Poser via DSON are sold over at Flipbook marketDOTcom

It is interesting that you are so emotionally triggered by the mere mention of the Project E figure in a V4 thread ,like some grieving parent reacting to the inappropriate mentioning of a recently deceased child.

I remember mentioning the continued utility of V4 in the original Project E thread and I literally received a Death threat on the PM system here involving fracturing my skull or some nonsense... how times have changed :-)

Same thing that happens to all new meshes. DAZ didn't make them.

You seem to be unilaterally declaring Project E failure because it is not a Daz figure.

It has not been six months, at least wait until the outsourcing is officially established and see who takes over content development

(obviously it wont be Gabriel/ Blackhearted).

Not at all project e will be a great successes in erogenesis comics.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2018 at 4:20 PM

It's all in the name. Business name is everything. Any business .We know Terminator ,Avengers holds weight. I get emails from MicroSmith that's Renderosity. I don't need to ask why. I know why .In 3D Business Renderosity holds as much weight as Films Business Terminator . DAZ is Avengers.There's just no Batman = No character has ever challenged Vicky

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2018 at 2:58 PM

V4/M4; having their age and closets to their advantage now, => No other mesh will ever be able to challenge them any more.

In the early V4/M4 period, SM failed to come up with any competition figures and DAZ was all to happy with the sales.

It is ONLY when the V4/M4 market started to get saturated that DAZ started work on the first Gen series. Too late guys. Too many customers are too deep in their V4M4 pockets to change figures now.

And to be honest? While the newer DAZ figures look stunning, their company reputation went drunken submarine way.

One must be a retarded clown to use their DSON crack to get any of the new stuff partly working in Poser.

Tja, DAZ is the only company that hacked into its own code, to come up with a crack, to get something going in a competing software. LOL. They should sue themselves. LOL.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2018 at 3:04 PM
Site Admin

I can still incorporate V4 into many projects and find her extremely versatile.
Drabarni.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2018 at 6:16 PM

Kalypso posted at 7:16PM Thu, 26 April 2018 - #4329000

I can still incorporate V4 into many projects and find her extremely versatile.
Drabarni.jpg

Killer !!!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2018 at 6:32 PM

tonyvilters posted at 7:16PM Thu, 26 April 2018 - #4328999

V4/M4; having their age and closets to their advantage now, => No other mesh will ever be able to challenge them any more.

In the early V4/M4 period, SM failed to come up with any competition figures and DAZ was all to happy with the sales.

It is ONLY when the V4/M4 market started to get saturated that DAZ started work on the first Gen series. Too late guys. Too many customers are too deep in their V4M4 pockets to change figures now.

And to be honest? While the newer DAZ figures look stunning, their company reputation went drunken submarine way.

One must be a retarded clown to use their DSON crack to get any of the new stuff partly working in Poser.

Tja, DAZ is the only company that hacked into its own code, to come up with a crack, to get something going in a competing software. LOL. They should sue themselves. LOL.

LOL Wounder who would win the law suit. Never tried dson never will. I have D/S n Blender n zBrush .Nothing against those that do this vs that app. but I don't do this vs that app. I do get all the app's.

Anyways I'm just talking about characters not content. One could make characters as good as DAZes. It could be done.

The character creators need to keep delivering very strong support for there characters.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2018 at 6:39 AM

tonyvilters posted at 7:07AM Fri, 27 April 2018 - #4328999

DAZ3D hasn't used the DSON importer since the start of this thread... and years later people are still bashing it like it was yesterday? OK. But years later that forum TOS rule about company bashing is still in place.

Is this truly how far everyone has gotten since then? It's past time to move on and stop acting like people are in need of a divorce self-help group. I'm sure everyone has more positive things to do and work on other than revisit hurt feelings from years ago. This place really shouldn't be an outlet for this type of behavior.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2018 at 8:42 AM

One must be a retarded clowns to use their DSON crack to get an of the new stuff partly working in Poser.

Then you must also consider users of the Willdial script who get partially working genesis 3 figures into poser to be"retarded clowns"as well??

Ironicly ,I agree that such cumbersome Kludges and Hacks to access non native rigs in poser is not worth the effort IMHO.

Particularly now that there is a new poser native female in project E!!

However those long time poser users, who wish to endure the viscissitudes of such a workflow should be left to their own devices and not disparaged with such hateful personal attacks.

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.