Wed, Sep 18, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Can We Block Those Giphy Things?

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 6:31 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:12 AM

Just a quick question... Is there a way to block those GIPHY animations people are posting in gallery comments? They're rather annoying. If not, no big deal, just curious.

Thanks!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 7:31 PM
Site Admin

@Rods

I tend to agree, for me anyway, they slow, and often freeze the page. It would be helpful to know if anyone else is having an issue with the gifs and videos in the gallery comments. If the problem is affecting enough people, I can certainly bring the concern to Admin.

Thanks for the suggestion, and everything you do for the community.

Make Rendo Great Again (😁 sorry, I just couldn't resist that, the comic writer in me was just bubbling to use that line somewhere)

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 7:41 PM

"Make Rendo Great Again..." ????? Good one! LOL And you're most welcome! I really love this community.

Yeah, I have my own opinions about folks posting an image instead of a 2-word comment, but mostly I'm just glad to have them stop by for a visit. I don't really mind the still images, but those GIPHY things are really distracting, and they seem to be multiplying! ?

Faemike55 ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 8:38 PM

I find them to be completely annoying and irritating and something must be done to limit the sizes of the images that some people use instead of comments. they should be limited to no more than 480 by 640 pixels

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 9:40 PM · edited Mon, 30 April 2018 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, I shoulda said 'I don't mind small still images.' When they're bigger than the artwork you post, it's a tad over the top. LOL

Faemike55 ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 9:47 PM

as I see it then, there are two issues that are a bit of an annoyance: those giphys and over-sized images instead of comments. the last I saw, it was for critical and non-critical comments ie good work, but.... or outstanding work. amiright?

Faemike55 ( ) posted Mon, 30 April 2018 at 9:47 PM

I think I need a double dose of Renderon tonight

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 1:10 PM · edited Tue, 01 May 2018 at 1:12 PM

Yes - comments... If they don't have time or are too lazy to leave a comment, then just move on. Not gonna break my heart if someone doesn't comment. There are plenty of folks who do leave useful comments, and many who just leave a 1 or 2 word comment - and that's fine. I highly prefer that to those $%$^%^& GIPHY things. There's one certain person that incessantly uses them, whether you want them or not. Very close to removing her from my follow list.

I need a triple dose!

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 2:47 PM

I have begun posting this notice in my upload description:

no-giphy-banner.png

If anyone would like to use it, shoot me a sitemail.

Faemike55 ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 3:46 PM

Sounds and looks good to me!

2 double doses right now would do me well

GrandmaT ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2018 at 8:59 AM

I'm with you and Mike. I hate those things. Seeing some vapid faced female clapping over and over and over is beyond annoying. I'm sure it takes longer to cut and paste those things than it would to simply type one or two words. I was going to leave a comment on someone's post but because of the Giphy thing above, there was no comment box. I had to go to SiteMail. Get rid of them or make them tiny.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2018 at 12:56 PM

Damn... Where's the luv ? I'm going too giphy everyone in this thread ! Especially you Mike, lmao.. Just joking I don't care for those things either kind of annoying.i wonder if they can do something about them without affecting the normal emoji

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2018 at 6:11 PM

Well, after politely asking in my last post for people NOT to post those ^&%^&*&^$^ things, guess what? You-know-who completely ignored my request, and posted the same damn stupid one she's used for the last week.

So I posted a "gentle" reminder today: NO More GIPHYs Perhaps that will get the point across...

LOL @ DarkerSide... ?

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2018 at 11:16 PM

RodS posted at 11:11PM Wed, 02 May 2018 - #4329393

LOL @ DarkerSide... ?

Oh dont you worry you'll be next after mike Mhmm ! lol ?

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2018 at 12:40 PM

I guess I'll have to have the T.N.A. Girls fire up the old anti_GIPHY cruise missiles... ???

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2018 at 12:42 PM

RodS posted at 11:40AM Thu, 03 May 2018 - #4329393

So I posted a "gentle" reminder today: NO More GIPHYs Perhaps that will get the point across...

BTW, I pulled the 'reminder' image. The poster of the GIPHYs sitemailed me and will not be using them anymore.

HOO-RAH! ??

CHK2033 ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2018 at 1:37 PM

RodS posted at 12:45PM Thu, 03 May 2018 - #4329442

RodS posted at 11:40AM Thu, 03 May 2018 - #4329393

BTW, I pulled the 'reminder' image. The poster of the GIPHYs sitemailed me and will not be using them anymore.

HOO-RAH! ??

Thats good hopefully they dont/didnt take it personal, Now lets get to the video link to youtube comments on images......at least post/link a video to a song I like .. 😁

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2018 at 8:20 PM

LOL - amen to that.... Some good ol' classic R&R would work fine.. ?

I think the GIPHY issue is resolved - thankfully. ??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.