Thu, Sep 19, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: what is Substance Painter?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2018 at 11:03 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

been seeing it referred to products lately.

is it something would be nice for carrara?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

diomede ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2018 at 12:14 PM

It is a texturing program. If you have a model that is UVMapped, then substance painter can be used to create and bake texture maps (including normal maps) for that model. Then you can bring the model into a 3D program like Carrara, Poser, Studio, etc. for regular usage. This video might explain it better. https://youtu.be/Qk_YRkDsJrQ

dr_bernie ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2018 at 2:06 PM

IClone has built-in native support for substance materials, and it had this support ever since IClone 6, which is about 4 years old. See This Link

Sorry to tell you, but Carrara has fallen so far behind in every respect, that it can't even be used as a teaching tool for kindergarten.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2018 at 5:30 PM

diomede posted at 6:29PM Mon, 21 May 2018 - #4330376

It is a texturing program. If you have a model that is UVMapped, then substance painter can be used to create and bake texture maps (including normal maps) for that model. Then you can bring the model into a 3D program like Carrara, Poser, Studio, etc. for regular usage. This video might explain it better. https://youtu.be/Qk_YRkDsJrQ

thanks. it doesnt uv map?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 6:38 AM

the self designated iClone salesperson obviously does not know about this Carrara PBR plugin

https://sourceforge.net/projects/carrara-time-savers/files/

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

dr_bernie ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 11:20 AM

IClone and its native support for Substance is only $199.- away.

DUDU.car ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 11:53 AM

I don't understand why the moderators let this I-clown pollute the CARRARA forum…

dr_bernie ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 1:10 PM

DUDU.car posted at 1:10PM Tue, 22 May 2018 - #4330410

I don't understand why the moderators let this I-clown pollute the CARRARA forum…

Clown yourself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.