Sat, Sep 21, 6:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Preventing promotional emails

BrightShadow ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 9:14 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:27 AM

I receive promotional emails from Renderosity (usually described as "courtesy notifications") -- for example, when a wish list item goes on sale.

Normally, e-commerce vendors provide a link so that customers can unsubscribe from promotional emails. Unfortunately, Renderosity emails don't provide that, and I don't see a place in Account Settings where I can do this.

What's your process for letting customers opt out of promotional emails?

If needed, I'll just flag them as spam. But I'd rather not do that if Renderosity provides a better option. Flagging an email as spam is a signal, and it can cause those emails to get marked as spam when they're sent to other people who might actually want them.

Thanks.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 11:16 AM · edited Thu, 02 August 2018 at 11:17 AM

I think what you're looking for is your Profile Settings page, not your Account page. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your Settings page, you'll see a link to:

"Looking for Email? Check out your Newsletter Subscriptions!"

The Newsletter Subscriptions is a link to the page where you can uncheck the ones you prefer not to receive. That said, however, there's nothing in that list that refers to Wishlist items on sale notifications, so not sure whether that list will help you, or not.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

BrightShadow ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 12:11 PM

Thanks for the tip, Miss B. I found the Newsletters page, and two of them were checked, though I don't recall receiving either of those newsletters in the past.

I've unchecked everything now.

Since none of those items seem related to the Wishlist, hopefully Renderosity staff can confirm whether there's another way to stop those emails.

thaaksma ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 12:21 PM

Notification emails are different than newsletter subscriptions. Try visiting the link below and manage the notifications you receive based on those Renderosity members that you follow.

https://www.renderosity.com/settings/?sfu

BrightShadow ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 1:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, thaaksma.

I'm not following anybody. When I visit that link, I get a page with "Following and Notifications Settings" at the top, and nothing listed on the page.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2018 at 3:19 PM

BrightShadow posted at 4:18PM Thu, 02 August 2018 - #4334126

I'm not following anybody. When I visit that link, I get a page with "Following and Notifications Settings" at the top, and nothing listed on the page.

That's why I didn't mention that page, as when I visited mine, it only showed those who I'm following, so I didn't think it would be of any use to you for stopping Wishlist notifications.

Butterfly Dezignz

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2018 at 6:51 AM

Wishlist notifications needs to be turned off manually for each and every item in your wishlist.. it is done in your wishlist. You can do them in batches of one page at a time, but every time you add a new item to your wishlist, it is added with the 'notifications on' setting by default, and you have to turn it off manually.

BrightShadow ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2018 at 8:26 AM

Thanks much DreaminGirl. That's not as convenient as a "disable notifications" checkbox in profile, but it'll accomplish what I need. I never noticed those buttons before.

It would still be great if somebody from Renderosity could confirm whether there's a simpler way, rather than having to remember every time I add something to the wishlist.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2018 at 11:04 AM

Interesting tidbit DreaminGirl. It never dawned on me that "those" notifications are done right there on the Wishlist. Definitely good to know. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.