Sun, Oct 6, 6:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Skull cap for M4 - for strand hair.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2018 at 4:36 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 8:53 PM

Does anyone know where there is one? I looked it up and found none. I'm looking to make some hair for M4 that could become commercial. I can't extract from M4 ... and though I could do so in ZBrush, I'd rather find a ready made one like PhilC did for the original "Mike" and several others. I am finding that there are some styles I need that just aren't out there and want to make them myself.

As always, all help is greatly appreciated.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2018 at 8:54 PM

Hey Boni, not sure if it'll work for what you're wanting to do, but 3Dream's Master Skull Cap may be just what you need. Of course, it was originally created for "painting" on hair, so only for texturing it to look like short hair styles. I'm not sure how it would work in the Hair Room, but it does support a large number of characters.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2018 at 10:21 PM

I seem to remember that Poser 11 distribution was allowed to be used as an MR. If that is true, I would grab one of the distribution skull caps, fit it to M4 with the morph brush, and save out as a new obj, load back in, parent and save as a smart prop.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 12:39 AM

PP11 has distribution skull caps? Sheesh, live and learn. Where would you find those willy?

Butterfly Dezignz

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 7:55 AM

:D That would be in Hair>People>SkullCaps. Also in PP2014.

I also have:

Modelling Hair in Hexagon By: Valea

From DAZ, but it is apparently no longer available. Among other things it has a tutorial on making skullcaps

Bill

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 10:01 AM

M4 SkullCap.jpg

About 10 minutes work with the Male Hi Res Skullcap Bill

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 11:15 AM

AHA! I'll definitely have to check that out. As far as Valea's tutorial, Hex and I never really got along, but I do have LLF's hair tutorial, which I started, but never finished. That tutorial starts with a skullcap as well.

Butterfly Dezignz

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 3:17 PM

For others reading this ... if I'm not mistaken ... the MR capable models are restricted to the P11 models Paul and Pauline. SM admins. can verify that. but that is a good idea. I might also use PhilC's MIke skull cap and reshape for M4. I can do the same for V4.

Boni

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2018 at 10:00 PM

So...

If I were to extract the skullcap from pauls parted hair, I could use it?

M4 SkullCapPaul.jpg

:D

Bill

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2018 at 9:24 AM · edited Sun, 22 July 2018 at 9:29 AM

Here is the blog at Smith-MIcro explaining the vendor resource usage for Paul and Pauline. I hope this helps.

Vender Resourse

in other words willyb53, yes you can extract the skullcap from paul's parted hair and use it commercially.

Boni

Bonnie2001 ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2018 at 4:20 PM

The skullcaps can also be applied in ZBrush with the Matchmaker Brush.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2018 at 7:07 AM

Wow. I was just trying to figure out how to do this myself. I also didn't want to extract the skullcap from M4, but not because I am going to sell anything... but because it's too poly heavy and there are some weird edge flow lines around his ears.

Now I know I can use the MR in PP11... time to finally make a MOS hair that doesn't look like a plastic helmet...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2018 at 8:39 PM

I THINK PhilC made a scull cap for M4. But sadly, he is "almost" retired from the 3D world. Still alive and kicking on FB though, so I'd drop him a note and ask :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.