Thu, Sep 19, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New Netflix animated film was made with Blender!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 9:02 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Post by Andrew Price Next Gen | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

The new Netflix film Next Gen went live a few hours ago, and looks like a mix between Big Hero 6 and Wall-E. But what grabbed my attention was the mention of 'Blender'. "We’re effectively 100% Blender, other than plugging in apps in a few areas to supplement departmental workflows" said the co-founder of the studio. Studios adopting Blender isn't news anymore, but the scale of this production is the largest I've seen. If Blender can handle this, there's not a lot stopping it from widespread industry adoption.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 10:25 AM

WOW, that's pretty cool. Glad to see Blender getting the exposure it needs to become even more popular than it already is. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

DramaKing ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 11:37 AM

I think it was was the same studio that created VFX for The Man in the High Castle in Blender.

It is better to do one thing well, than to do many things and excel at nothing.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 12:42 PM
Forum Moderator

I am also glad to see Blender getting this exposure one of the reasons I double posted this thread in the community forum in hopes it will bring more attention to Blender and show those who are on the line about trying out Blender that it can compete on many levels with the so called big guns like Maya 3Ds Max and others

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 2:29 PM · edited Fri, 07 September 2018 at 2:30 PM

More proof that Blender has grown into a top-tier product. Model, render and animation capabilities are all excellent. And it's free.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2018 at 8:28 PM
Forum Moderator

Torquinox posted at 9:27PM Fri, 07 September 2018 - #4335925

More proof that Blender has grown into a top-tier product. Model, render and animation capabilities are all excellent. And it's free.

I think that it being free has given so many the misconception that it is some thrown together software and that it can not compete but we are finally seeing that it can

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2018 at 9:08 AM
Forum Moderator

I saw the trailer just last night. Very very cool!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2018 at 11:22 PM

Great

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2018 at 7:19 AM

DramaKing posted at 7:18AM Tue, 25 September 2018 - #4335917

I think it was was the same studio that created VFX for The Man in the High Castle in Blender.

It's a different studio. The one you're thinking of is Theory Studios, "Next Gen" was done by Tangent Animation.

IRman ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2018 at 10:17 AM

The movie is technically impressive. Someone made a pretty detailed review of it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TdmIpCAiKQ Cheers

Blender lighting artist creator of the

3D PRODUCT LIGHTING AND RENDERING STUDIO FOR BLENDER

Blender made stuffs 

https://www.artstation.com/ilema

PoalaVandel ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2018 at 7:32 PM

I heard about it on youtube. It looks interesting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.