Fri, Sep 20, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Wet TShirt Test

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:43 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_221760.jpg

Any feedback appreciated.

BladeWolf ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:52 AM

cute... but... ummm my only complaint is the women are all the same size chest! get a little variety in there ;) We wolves like women of variety lol Other than that, STELLAR.

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:58 AM

With that said, BWolf, I should plug the maker of the bodies. ;0 ) All three bodies are Spanki's Mia with very little changes. In fact the face on the left is Mia as well. Maps and lighting are from the Mia package. All hair is that of Kozaburo. The bikini bottoms use my own textures. All transmaps are mine. I'll work on those sizes though. ;0 )

BladeWolf ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 1:13 AM

hehe hafta admit its not the size, its how dey use em :) smacks himself and hides from a moderator oops.. my bad.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 1:56 AM

wow!!!!!!!!!!!nice jugs!!!!!!!!!hehehehehe

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:14 AM

If that was wet cloth, there would be wrinkles (and LOTS of them) in the fabric. The color is nice, but the texture and fit doesn't work. (It would be tighter around the neck, too.) Carolly

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:33 AM

file_221761.jpg

Carolly I got this idea at the "Coyote Ugly" tryouts in Las Vegas last week. I watched 160 women in TShirts get wet, so I did do the needed research. :0 ) I agree about the neckline, but believe me wrinkles are the exception with wet TShirts. Thanks, HL [Graphic used by permission from PlanetNightClub.com]

BladeWolf ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:35 AM

damn looks like a Club I go to here in Detroit... saw one girl there last week wearing nothing but see through clothes.. I was like oh lord I AM NOT STANDING UP!I was sitting at the bar when she came to buy a drink :)

wiz ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 6:22 AM

BladeWolf, which club would that be? Greetings from Livonia! Ciao! Joe

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 9:32 AM

I guess that the rule of thumb is that cloth in contac has a higher transparancy (whiter on the transmap) than cloth not in contact. What few wrinkles there are could be replicated with a bump map. OBTW .... nice researches!

Gordon

Gunderstorm ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:47 PM

I agree with Houlong and disagree with hauksdottir: You don't seem to have taken the shapes of the body under the fabric into consideration. The wet patterns you've used seem pretty random. I'm seeing a lot of opacity between the breasts, for instance, and very little on the peaks with the occasional small white bubble. Don't forget gravity! I don't think there should be any major wrinkles.

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:20 PM

file_221763.jpg

Gunderstorm and Huolong I like where you are going with this thinking. I'll try to implement them, but I have a concern. I have other examples where these rules do not seem to hold true. This is partly due to the fact that in a wet tshirt contest, different parts of the shirt get wet at different times. We cannot assume that the entire shirt is soaked unless we are doing a just-out-of-the-pool pic, right?

Gunderstorm ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 8:33 PM

If your eyes are on any other part but the wet parts, I think you have other things to be concerned with. ;)

Gunderstorm ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 8:53 PM

If your eyes are on any other part but the wet parts, I think you have other things to be concerned with. ;) Seriously, you're probably right, but by comparason, the contours of the rest of the torso are relatively flat (especially on the women YOU'RE using). Even the fabric on her back might stick completely to the skin except for along the spine. The fabric over the abdomen might be so waterlogged and heavy, it might just hang (depending on the pose). It might be a matter of contrasts. There are really only 3 states: dry (opaque white), wet with no skin contact (opaque off-white), and wet WITH skin contact (semi-transparent). Another item to consider: in the photos you are referencing the girls are wearing "a-shirts", not t-shirts like your models. The fabric is ribbed (which makes it more snug), it's cut differently (which affects how it hangs), and it's thinner. Am I being too picky? Probably. I'm afraid we'd best all go out and conduct further research. By all means, keep sharing!

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 9:18 PM

Bump the ribs, opaque dry, partly opaque wet no contact, more transparent wet....nicht wahr? Zatit?

Gordon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.