Thu, Sep 19, 11:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New free Blender 2.8 Hotkey Sheet!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2018 at 9:19 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Zacharias Reinhardt who has done several Blender sculpting tutorials both free and paid is offering for free a new Blender 2.8 hotkey sheet for free also Blender 2.7 Sculpting Cheat Sheet information on how to get these are on his site's Free Resources

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2018 at 11:29 PM

thanks

Eternal Hobbyist

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2018 at 11:33 PM

Bookmarked for now. Thanks for the link, his site looks very interesting.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

yarp ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 6:40 AM

Thank you. I agree with you Miss B his site is worth visiting.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 8:49 AM
Forum Moderator

I got mine and was surprised to also get access to Blender sculpting brushes and 7 sculpting tutorials for free to download his work is very impressive the hotkey sheets are both in black and white and color

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 2:04 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2018 at 2:05 PM

I'm sure I'll be getting them, as the instructor of the Blender course I've been taking at Udemy announced they're redoing the course for 2.8, but it won't be completed until around April.

He did state the 2.7x version of the course will still be available for those who haven't, or don't plan to, update to 2.8 yet. I haven't only because it hasn't been released in a full service release yet. I've noticed they've renamed the sections of the course with (Original) after the section name, so I had a feeling they would be retaining it, which makes me very happy. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

dweomer ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Those cheat sheets are nice.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 7:29 AM
Forum Moderator

I think we are taking one of the same courses Miss B because I got a recent update that they will be redoing the course for 2.8 as well hoping the new year will bring some great renders and some positive challenges I need it lol

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 1:53 PM

Yes, if IIRC, it's one of the ones you recommended when we first discussed Udemy last year.

Butterfly Dezignz

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 7:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Yes I thought it might be Miss B I been working on a project on modeling and creating an item as if I was going to submit for Daz have never done it all the way to creating prop packaging and such decent learning experience Daz studio always intimidates me lol packaging a zip for it is where I ran into most of my problems modeling the shipping container was fun having never done something with the detail and parts

V5 Promo.jpg

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

SilentWinter ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 7:12 PM · edited Thu, 20 December 2018 at 7:13 PM

Udemy has loads of great Blender courses - I got a couple of free beginner ones a while back and that's what helped me learn all the keyboard shortcuts because I was using them so much while following the tutorials (one I did was creating low-poly characters but the principles are the same for modelling buildings/weapons/everything else too ;) ) Edit: Oh, and thanks for the cheat-sheet link :)

Silent Winter's Facebook Page:

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 10:45 PM

Lobo3433 posted at 11:44PM Thu, 20 December 2018 - #4342192

I been working on a project on modeling and creating an item as if I was going to submit for Daz have never done it all the way to creating prop packaging and such decent learning experience Daz studio always intimidates me lol packaging a zip for it is where I ran into most of my problems modeling the shipping container was fun having never done something with the detail and parts

V5 Promo.jpg

I'm liking the look of that. Very nice job on the detailing.

Butterfly Dezignz

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2018 at 7:09 AM
Forum Moderator

Thank you Miss B 😄

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

incantrix ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2018 at 9:15 PM

If anyone is interested in sculpting another one to look at whom I think is very good and explains himself very well in YanSculpts on Utube also offers paid and free courses etc and explain how to set up a tablet to work properly in Blender as well. As Miss B said that her course will be getting an update to 2.8 I would think that Udemy would do that for a lot of their courses. Have heard rumours ( taken with a grain of salt) that quite a few will update courses to it in the belief that there will be an influx of sorts of new users to Blender.

Incantrix

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2018 at 10:01 PM

That's what a lot of folks have mentioned, that the new, easier to use UI, will bring more users to Blender. I know quite a number of folks who have said they tried Blender, took one look around, closed Blender, and never went back because they didn't like the UI, that it seemed too hard to get around in it.

I personally happen to like the current UI, but then I started in Blender in one of the 2.4x versions, and that UI was totally hopeless. I've grown into the present UI, but a lot of folks don't want to take the time to learn what they consider is a confusing UI. I can't totally disagree, but I was willing to stick with it, so hopefully with the new, easier to use UI, folks will come back, and then stick with it.

Butterfly Dezignz

incantrix ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 4:54 AM

The more I do with the new UI the better I like it. Finding things was the worst part at first and I do miss my old set up on the tools menu but am getting accustomed to bring up the pie menus and and such. And the changes to some of the hot keys didn't bother me that much as my most common ones still all appeared to be the same "almost". And I agree it will coax a lot to probably give it another try, as well as some conversions from other software. My 3 year licence on Maya (student) ends soon so that will be gone when that happens as I don't see the need to keep it. So more time to spend with Blender. Which in my view the more time spent with it the more understanding of it you have.

Incantrix

incantrix ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 5:03 AM

And so as not to digress off topic too much I just had a good look at ZR's hot key PDF and its layed out very well exceptionally easy to read and understand. And leaps and bounds above and better than the other 2 I have ever seen, so well worth the download. And sculpting one although 2.79 is still relevant to 2.8. And I actually love to sculpt thing is I absolutely suck at it lol.

Incantrix

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 10:27 AM
Forum Moderator

I am hoping to try some of the new tools in 2.8 have seen some amazing tutorials already being released for 2.8 that look to tempting not to try to start getting a feel for the new UI and tools so far a majority of keyboard short have not changed but a few have space bar has changed and have to manually change it back to get the same function as 2.79 the right click that use to be default is not left click again can be easily be changed as well. But I do hope and look forward to seeing many new people coming to Blender and I hope we all share with in our own contacts that we have a very positive community here and are always open to help out our peers

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.