Sun, Oct 6, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New rendo figure free? erm no. it's $3.50. false adverts anyone?

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 8:20 AM

will there be more things available for base La Femme? I found no way to control her eye lids and when trying to adjust her breasts, they distort. also her actual hand between her fingers and wrist seems very short. when I closed her fingers for a fist, there was very little left of her actual hand and her hand bones was almost protruding on the top side of her hands. she seems to be a great start for a poser character that is no way associated with Utah

thanks for the effort made to create her

raven ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 11:17 AM

Bit of a late reply (not been online).

DreaminGirl posted at 4:26PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4344699

raven posted at 1:37PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344693

They could have set it at the correct price in the store and just sent out a time limited coupon to cover the base price. Job done.

no, because the cart would still total at zero

It's currently listed as having a base price of $29.95 but discounted to zero. So if it was just set as normal (not discounted) the cart wouldn't show a zero total, the cart would show the total of the figure in it at the base price ($29.95), allowing you to go to the checkout page and apply the coupon to discount the cost of it at checkout. Much like using a certificate. Moot point now anyway, but there we go.

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:23 PM

I notice that the word 'Free' has disappeared almost everywhere on Rendo in relation to this figure.

But on the main page in the marketplace we get: "100% Off - Price: 0.00 USD". Which is still misleading, because no matter how you twist it, you can not buy La Femme for 0.00.

Let's say you went to a bar which had banners and posters everywhere reading... well, let's assume they're not dumb enough to advertise 'Free Beer', but instead have "XYZ Beer at 100% off! You pay nothing!" So you go up to the bartender and order up an XYZ Beer. "You need to spend $3.50."

Huh?

"To get the free, uh, 100% discounted beer that costs no money, you have buy something else - peanuts, snacks, just has to be priced $3.50 or more."

It doesn't tell you that anywhere, I just want a beer.

"Them's the rules, I can't do anything about it."

OK Bye.

(and I think OK Bye is the most polite response the bartender would get).

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2019 at 6:12 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 1:10PM Sun, 10 February 2019 - #4344699

raven posted at 1:37PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344693

They could have set it at the correct price in the store and just sent out a time limited coupon to cover the base price. Job done.

no, because the cart would still total at zero

But THAT can be done. I bought her at a cart total om $0.00 - added shoes, added in-store credits to cover it. And end price $0.00.

Yes, I was lucky to HAVE in-store credits.

I have frequently bought things that were covered by gift certificates, too (Rendo points converted to a gift certificate) - so a total of $0.00 IS possible, programming wise.

Hm.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2019 at 11:31 AM

it was bad enough to have to pay $3.50 for a free item. But i live in Tennessee were renderosity main office is and I got hit with a .34 cent sales tax on top of the $3.50 for a item that was suppose to be free . I guess BT Barnum was right a sucker born every minute,

consumer573 ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2019 at 2:07 AM · edited Fri, 08 March 2019 at 2:20 AM

I wasn't happy that I went through the WHOLE checkout process before finding out that I couldn't obtain the character because I had to meet a $3.50 minimum. I was particularly annoyed because I had just made a decent size purcahase quickly to get some sales items before their deadline. Once I had time to look around and read up on the character I would have to put even out more money because it would be "free" ($3.50) for only a limited time?

It should be listed as Free or bonus with $3.50 mandatory minimum purchase. Free is when I can download an item without cost.

As for the character I think she has great possibility from a technical standpoint but may still need a particular character morph or variant that really 'grabs' more of the community. Absolutely a step in the right direction and I hope she succeeds! I read about everybody who worked on her design. Whew! That's a lot of people and a lot of talented effort. Thank you!

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2019 at 11:50 AM

consumer573 posted at 6:49PM Fri, 08 March 2019 - #4347619

It should be listed as Free or bonus with $3.50 mandatory minimum purchase. Free is when I can download an item without cost.

It is stated in the product description that it requires a 3.50 minimum purchase

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2019 at 8:07 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 2:06PM Sat, 09 March 2019 - #4347662

consumer573 posted at 6:49PM Fri, 08 March 2019 - #4347619

It is stated in the product description that it requires a 3.50 minimum purchase

when this thread was started, that was not stated in the description. that was added later.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2019 at 10:27 AM

Yes, so it's time to stop complaining about it ?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2019 at 1:30 AM

This is the poser Community. We are still complaining about poser FIVE ffs... And that was 16 years ago!

What chance has this?

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2019 at 11:34 AM

And what would those who complain about the complainers complain about if the complainers stopped complaining.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.