Sun, Sep 29, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:48 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Updates for Tannenbaum's M4 products - or working way to use with Daz G8?

MartinTheWanderer ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 1:05 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Hi all!

This is a bit between a marketplace request and general technical advice, don't beat me too hard, have not been around for a while..

Which brings me to my problem: recently got back into 3D again, still have a ton of stuff from the old Poser days, would love to use some now with Daz Studio and the new figure generations.

Namely some clothing/wearables/props from Tannenbaum, like German WW2 Infantry or "Desert Rats" - I need to get some old war stories out of my head and into some renders.

Would love to see an update for these products so that they work with newer figures and Iray (auto-fit screws up most of them, esp. stuff like equipment belts etc., materials look outdated). Unfortunately Tannenbaum's last activity was about a year ago...

So... anyone has a hint for someone who feels like a noob again with all the new stuff what would be the best way to bring these clothes/props into Daz so they can be used without headaches with M8/G8M?

Thanks for any ideas!

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 1:33 PM

Look for this product over at DAZ: RSSY Clothing Converter from Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 2:04 PM

Martin, I need to add, no automated method is completely perfect, it sometimes depends on the item you are trying to refit. They also make clones that are supposed to help with the fitting process. You'll find people that like any method, and others that say they don't work.

MartinTheWanderer ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 2:04 PM

FlagonsWorkshop posted at 2:00PM Mon, 18 March 2019 - #4348300

Look for this product over at DAZ: RSSY Clothing Converter from Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male

Thanks for the idea! May I ask if you successfully used it with the Tannenbaum uniforms/outfits? I do not intend to convert hundreds of old oufits, just a few, mainly the Tannenbaum WW2 uniforms and equipment, and would love to know that the converter works well for them (heard it has trouble with accessoires/props).

MartinTheWanderer ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 2:09 PM · edited Mon, 18 March 2019 at 2:10 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention - I already tried the 'clones', they work reasonably well for the clothes (floating caps etc, but overall usable), but mess up stuff like the equipment belts, parenting seems not to work (I move the figure, the belt stays in place and deforms wildly, lol), etc...

Well, I guess I will invest those 25 bucks and test the converter.

Really sad that most of the historically interesting models/outfits seem to be abandoned and stuck in the Poser world. Probably the market is smaller than that for the 9342th HOT 'whateverboobenhancingoutfit' :D

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 7:53 PM

Unless you are really in a hurry I'd wait for a sale. It's in the new item period at the moment, as soon as that's over you're pretty much guaranteed to get it for at least 30-40% off. I have this one: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/german-ss-black-uniform-wwii/103545/

I need to find it and try and convert it for you. Give me a day, I may get to it tonight but it's getting late.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 9:35 PM

Martin, it's a bit of a mixed bag. It did an excellent job on most of the items. In this particular set though, the tunic was actually three items - shirt, pockets and collar, so the script bombed out (It doesn't do wearables - ie, multiple clothing items loaded at once). That's going to take some work. It also doesn't work on props connected to clothing items - it got the chinstrap on the helmet converted, but not the helmet. Same thing with the gun strap but not the gun. There are probably ways to work around all of these, I'm going to ask the vendor.

Anyway, here is a picture of what it did convert.

M4Conversion.png

MartinTheWanderer ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2019 at 2:15 PM

Hey, thanks FlagonsWorkshop !! Really appreciated!

I was not sure if it was my n00bishness (never was a pro in the Poser world, took a couple years off, now getting slowly into Daz Studio, but still struggling with the basics, lol) or if these rather complex outfits are simply a nightmare to convert...

Looks like the latter...

Don't break your back though - the amateurish renders that I will produce are not worth it! :D

warlordnik ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2022 at 3:50 PM

FlagonsWorkshop posted at 9:35 PM Mon, 18 March 2019 - #4348337

Martin, it's a bit of a mixed bag. It did an excellent job on most of the items. In this particular set though, the tunic was actually three items - shirt, pockets and collar, so the script bombed out (It doesn't do wearables - ie, multiple clothing items loaded at once). That's going to take some work. It also doesn't work on props connected to clothing items - it got the chinstrap on the helmet converted, but not the helmet. Same thing with the gun strap but not the gun. There are probably ways to work around all of these, I'm going to ask the vendor.

Anyway, here is a picture of what it did convert.

M4Conversion.png

Hey Flagons!  Glad I ran into this old forum post!  I just had the same problem!  Were you able to get an answer from Riversoft about how to fix the Tunic problem?

Thanks very much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.