Tue, Oct 1, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Oops I forgot how to pose: LaFemme

3dkaya ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 10:54 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 11:32 PM

I seem to have no poses for LaFemme but I rather use my hard earned money on clothing or hair than poses. I think I forgot how to pose figures and I want to learn how to make my own poses for figures like LaFemme. How do pro pose makers craft their poses? I rather learn how to make a pose than to spend money on a pose set. I know there might be free poses out there for LaFemme, but that might be great for a quick fix, but I want to learn how to take LaFemme from zero pose to a fill in the blank pose without using other people's presets. I think that would help me more in the long run.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 11:02 AM

FWIW, Victoria 4's poses generally work very well with LaFemme. You might have to adjust the hands a little.

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 12:02 PM

Look at this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvBvE5_g30

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 2:28 PM · edited Sun, 24 March 2019 at 2:29 PM

I may not be the greatest when it comes to making my own poses and there are many times I'll use a canned pose - at least as a starting point - but there are several absolutely unbreakable rules I've learned:

Don't use IK. Unless a figure is standing to attention, or in the default T/Y pose, the hip is never 0,0,0.

Elbows, knees, fingers above the first joint do not move side to side.

Arms cannot go from down at the sides to overhead without rotating. You'd be amazed how many people think this is possible.

No pose is ever completely symmetrical.

Left leg forward almost always means right arm back.

Moving arms forward and back almost always corresponds to a slight movement in the shoulders and torso and often a rotation in the abdomen. Legs do a similar thing to the hip.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 2:33 PM

One other thing...

Don't drag body parts around. As for the dials, type numbers in, rather than using the wheels.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 3:04 PM

Sam, I thought La Femme supports dragging body parts around, especially limbs, without disrupting the torso, etc. V4/Sasha-16 certainly does. It's great.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 3:24 PM

Well, there is that, which I completely forgot about. The points above apply to figures in general, not any one in particular. Anything that can be posed in such a way is a great help, for sure.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 6:23 PM

Well I'm am an email of time user and learned a great deal here myself! Mind you I used P4 thru P6 before I realized the difference between camera views I was working with the Pose camera exclusively (with the face camera thrown in periodically)!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 7:27 PM

"Well I'm am an email of time user..."

I know it's English because I recognize the words. I can even tell they're arranged in the correct order. And that's where my understanding ends. 😄

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 7:51 PM

I think Boni animated an email and it is evolving over time. Boni used the graph editor to make a nice curve.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 10:36 PM

LMAOROTFL!!!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 11:36 PM

operaguy posted at 4:34AM Mon, 25 March 2019 - #4348731

I think Boni animated an email and it is evolving over time. Boni used the graph editor to make a nice curve.

Now now, behave yourself, young man. Boni may well have nice curves but I don't think that's anything to do with the matter at hand. 😁

My Store

My Gallery

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 6:22 AM

Some V3 poses work well with LaFemme - but check the fingers.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 9:40 AM

Yeah, what's up with the fingers? Why do some of these canned poses, when applied, turn La Femme and V4 hands into bizarre things with mis-aligned knuckles? And how do you fix a hand like that?

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 11:01 AM

Actually, "The Email of Time" sounds like a great title for genre fiction of an eBook at Amazon.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 2:36 PM · edited Mon, 25 March 2019 at 2:37 PM

IT's the drugs I tell ya, the drugs!!! Actually, I've had a terrible cold this past week and my fingers have mutinied on me quite often. I must say, I am enjoying the giggle this has caused to my friends here. LOL~~~ Besides Sam ... from "My Fair Lady" and I quote, from "Why Can't the English learn to speak?" "There even are places where English completely Disappears. In America, they haven't used it for years! "

Ok, for the hands in particular ... the rigging is slightly different between figures ... joint placement and all, so it gets wonky once in a while and especially effects the hands and feet. With La Femme it's more pronounced because of the NEW rigging to incorporate a new bone system that is a more natural spread and bend of the palm and the fingers. Same with the feet. Actually this is a feature I particularly like in the figure.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 2:40 PM

By the way that line was suppose to be "I'm a long time Poser user". LOL. I never noticed autocorrect on my KIndle changing that!!!

Boni

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 2:42 PM · edited Mon, 25 March 2019 at 2:50 PM

operaguy posted at 2:29PM Mon, 25 March 2019 - #4348774

Yeah, what's up with the fingers? Why do some of these canned poses, when applied, turn La Femme and V4 hands into bizarre things with mis-aligned knuckles? And how do you fix a hand like that?

If you get misaligned knuckles that look like the fingers are broken then it's often a faulty pose injection which comprises not only the rotation data (as it should be) but also translations (which have business to do there!).

Best thing you can do is to either discard those poses completely or try to repair them by manually eliminating all the translation data.

As a "stop-gap" fix, look in "Karina's Toolbox" which comes with SASHA-16:

The Script "315 Fix Actor Offsets" does exactly that for the currently loaded figure (though it doesn't fix the .hd2 file; it's all in-scene only)

Karina

EDIT:

@Boni : sorry, crosspost...

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 3:15 PM

Thanks Karina. I'm going to try forcing it to happen and then solving it, because I want to keep using all the legacy poses.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 3:23 PM

Drugs?

Eliza eventually learned how to speak proper English, and it was discovered her problem all along had been lack of chocolate. It wasn't until antihistamines were invented that someone (like Boni) could claim 'drugs' for bumbles in the text. And auto correct.

::::: Opera :::::

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 3:43 PM · edited Mon, 25 March 2019 at 3:46 PM

KarinaKiev posted at 3:37PM Mon, 25 March 2019 - #4348817

[...] but also translations (which have business to do there!).

IMPORTANT:

That must be:

[...] but also translations (which have -->> NO <-- business to do there!).

K

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 3:47 PM

Yes, I saw that and knew what you meant. translations have no business to do on a hand pose.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 4:07 PM

Boni posted at 9:02PM Mon, 25 March 2019 - #4348814

IT's the drugs I tell ya, the drugs!!! Actually, I've had a terrible cold this past week and my fingers have mutinied on me quite often. I must say, I am enjoying the giggle this has caused to my friends here. LOL~~~ Besides Sam ... from "My Fair Lady" and I quote, from "Why Can't the English learn to speak?" "There even are places where English completely Disappears. In America, they haven't used it for years! "

Ok, for the hands in particular ... the rigging is slightly different between figures ... joint placement and all, so it gets wonky once in a while and especially effects the hands and feet. With La Femme it's more pronounced because of the NEW rigging to incorporate a new bone system that is a more natural spread and bend of the palm and the fingers. Same with the feet. Actually this is a feature I particularly like in the figure.

Operaguy saw the new message in his Inbox, "Cor blimey guvnor! Lovely curves inside. Curiosity aroused - and more besides - he hurriedly opened the email, not noticing the sent date of April 1, 2719. Suddely, he was catapulted into a nightmarish, dystopian future where everyone spoke in a mangled cockney accent. Walking through the twisted concrete landscape, Operaguy was horrified to see all the inhabitants had strangely twisted hands, as if some extreme form of arthritis had claimed them all...

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 1:57 AM

Karina: If you get misaligned knuckles that look like the fingers are broken then it's often a faulty pose injection which comprises not only the rotation data (as it should be) but also translations (which have no business to do there!). ... look in "Karina's Toolbox" which comes with SASHA-16. The Script _"315 Fix Actor Offsets"

It worked! Here's the before and after:

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

bantha ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 2:28 PM

Sasha-16 is a wonderful figure and this information is really useful. Too sad that most people won't look for it in a "La Femme" thread.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 2:53 PM

Patience, bantha. Things are simmering for Sasha.

Also, (and I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here ...) this script by Karina is not proprietary. He invites people to deploy his tech. Someone could post it for V4.2-DAZ and La Femme. I know I dearly wished I had a way to un-mangle V4's hands for the last 10 years, and if you apply legacy poses to La Femme, she will surely come up with damaged knuckles.

Would that be something you'd like to do?

::::: Opera :::::

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:20 PM

OK, I am a little confused. Why not create a default hand pose from LaFemme in default position and use it to untangle the hands?

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:24 PM

Bill, I'm not sure that will work. If you find the problem with La Femme after applying a legacy pose, I don't know if applying a La Femme hand pose will heal the distortion. It might just apply the hand pose and not touch the faulty translations.

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:33 PM

Good Point. Looking at a hand pose it only does rotations to zero. should be able to modify so xyz trans are also set to zero

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:51 PM

Well, I may owe La Femme an apology! I just loaded her in, and tried to give her bad knuckles from old poses. No dice! Sure, sometimes the fingers assumed slightly "off" positions, but no damaged knuckles like shown above for by me for V4.

And anyway, I looked in "Hand" for La Femme and didn't see any hand poses. I only have the base morphs. So I wouldn't be able to test the remedy, even if I could cause the damage!

Anyway, good for you La Femme.

:: og ::

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2019 at 12:22 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2019 at 12:24 PM

bantha posted at 12:20PM Wed, 27 March 2019 - #4348899

Sasha-16 is a wonderful figure and this information is really useful. Too sad that most people won't look for it in a "La Femme" thread.

You're right, but this issue started with "weird" looking fingers after applying V3 hand poses to LaFemme, so I thought it might be useful ;o)

K

3dkaya ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 1:12 PM

How did I miss all these posts? For some reason I thought I only got one response and I was going to check to see how to get more responses. I will check out the youtube video soon.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 3:11 PM

3dkaya posted at 4:10PM Fri, 05 April 2019 - #4349511

How did I miss all these posts? For some reason I thought I only got one response and I was going to check to see how to get more responses. I will check out the youtube video soon.

The Renderosity forums tend to only send you an email for a reply immediately next to yours. Sometimes not even that!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2019 at 3:17 PM

Yes, I've found that as well. You usually have to reply again in order to get another notice of a reply after yours.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.