Fri, Oct 4, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: S-L-O-W

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 6:16 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:14 PM

Is the site having problems today? Seems like the gallery images are appearing VERY slowly today. It's taking 15 - 20 seconds for a gallery image to load. It's like I'm on dial-up instead of broadband cable.

Just wondering...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 9:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 17 March 2019 at 9:10 PM

I joined Renderosity in 1998 and it's always been like this mostly because the website is Java based. You could get rid of the live stats present on every single picture from the gallery (marked with green in the picture) It will speed things up and reduce bandwidth use by a lot. Leave the overall stats (followers - all time views - total likes) visible in the profile (homepage of the user) only.

Capture.JPG

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 9:23 PM

Interesting... I'll have to check that.. Seems like it's moving at normal speed now, so maybe it was just an internet glitch.. or sunspots... who knows? ?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 9:51 PM

Actually I was trying to reach out to the Renderosity web developer with my comment. Rod, you should totally apply for a job with Rendo =P

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 9:56 PM

Hehe - they'd boot me out the door the first week! ??

And here I was hunting all over for the setting to do that.... (bangs head on table...) LOL

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2019 at 11:38 PM

Ah, not just me then. Yes, the forums are slower than a big slow bag of very slow things. In a slow place, on a slow day. In slowland. On half speed.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 12:55 PM

?? Love your description, Sam! Maybe you should send in a couple Daleks to stir things up a bit... LOL

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 11:55 AM

well lets see.

5 ads on this page alone. feedback popout. facebook tracking, twitter link, youtube link (why??) and google+ link (erm it's dead guys....). god knows how many tracking scripts and cookies.

slow? noooooooooooooo.. this is fast... considering the baggage they've forced into it...

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:41 PM ยท edited Tue, 26 March 2019 at 3:42 PM

Don't see your problems, normal speed and downloads up to 2.7 MByte/s, IMO that fair and OK and I'm located on the east of the Atlantic

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 4:56 PM

Well, it's still extremely unfast here in my neck of the woods. Slowest of all the sites I use.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2019 at 6:10 PM

"Mooooooooom! Don't pick up the phone!!!"

"I told you to get off the internet! I am waiting for a phone call!"

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 10:30 PM

I am having trouble loading the gallery pages tonight

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.