Wed, Sep 25, 9:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Moving Spheres and Cubes without Deforming, and Rendering Question.

Marigold ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 10:44 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 9:22 AM

Hello! I have two questions: I've created a sphere, it appears in the general center of the screen. The sphere looks round and well-formed. When I move the sphere to the upper right or left of the screen, it becomes kinda mis-shapen. Is this just a matter of tweaking the position via. the edit x,y,z position controls or am I missing a shortcut to keeping the sphere... spherical. Also, how would I set the render settings to render exactly what I see in the thumbnail preview in the upper left of the screen?

WoostaChris ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 11:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.milamberart.com

Unless you change the dimensions that you render to the screen (i.e. you render to a 400x100 widescreen image), the preview thumbnail should match the rendered document pretty closely. What is different about the preview and the actual render? As for the apparent deformation- that's because of the camera's Field of View- you can adjust it by clicking one of the little sphere controls around the trackball. Note that the sphere isn't deformed, but the camera's projection changes it. Tweak the FOV and you should be able to make stuff at the edges look more better :-)

Marigold ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 11:45 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the help about the FOC, I thought that it was the camera but wasn't sure. As for the render, the thumbnail seems to be longer in width but shorter in height, which makes the final document seem taller, and things near the edges get cut off. Are certain resolutions "safer", (less of a disparity between the thumbnail and the actual render), than others to use?

WoostaChris ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 11:54 PM

I'm not sure what you mean about "safer." If you really want to have a document who's resolution matches the nano-preview window, you could do a screenshot of the main interface, then crop down the image in an image editor to see the height and width of the nano-preview. Once you know these, you can find the ratio of heighth to width. Enter that into the Aspect Ratio in the Document Setup in Bryce. The document setup has a bunch of different presets which will produce different looks in the document resolution. I don't know offhand if any match the nano-window aspect ratio. You may just have to enter the ratio youself and play with the document size/resolution.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.