Fri, Oct 4, 2:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: So - Let's get *old school*... Michael (1/2) stuff?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 4:30 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

I'd recently had to do a lot of data restoration, and realized that while my beloved-but-ancient M2 mesh and character survived, but since subdividing-textures are no longer a thing, I really need to snag some clothing for the thing. I could just pop open Wings, Blender, etc, but instead, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone anywhere still stores/sells/shares(legally) the original Michael clothing. I found a couple of bits at sharecg (in the extreme back-end of their search function), but only one or two usable items at the end of the day.

So - does anyone even bother with the ancient/original Vicky/Mike stuff, or is it mesh-slinging time...?

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 4:35 PM

I have a bunch of stuff somewhere. Haven't really used him in... a decade!!! I went all in for V3M3. Most of my stuff is for them. Last I remember a lot of that stuff was free at DAZ3D. Are they still in business?

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 4:46 PM

LOL - they're still in business - nothing older than v4 to be found there, though.

There was once a massive number of freestuff makers out and about; I may have to get creative with the Goog tonight to see if any of it is still around.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 4:55 PM

Well, apparently all my purchases are still there. Got to see if Rendo remembers what I bought.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 5:01 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2019 at 5:03 PM

Speak of the oldies... Best morph pack for Mike 1&2 https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=5316

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 6:23 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Daz still has stuff available. Poserworld used to have stuff for him. It doesn't look like there's anything in the store, but their membership download site should be back up in few days, so if you used to have a lifetime membership, you might find stuff there. Sharecg has stuff too.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 7:57 PM

Spock-n-Hyrda-J-4.jpg

His based chiseled features still lends itself to one of the best Spock likenesses I have in my collection.

In fact, this is the M2P4 figure which is basically Michael 2 with the body shape and rigging of the Poser 4 nude male. It allowed me to use the uniforms XCalPro made, derived for the Poser 4 nude male's clothing. I still use this asset when I occasionally feel like doing some Trek themed fan art.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 8:36 PM
Site Admin

I like that. He really does look like Spock.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 8:54 PM

It was either Stahlratte or Porthos who shared the likeness with me and that artist created it entirely with existing morph dials, nothing "outside" like ZBrush.

BTW, this render is meant to "interpret" the polystyrene plastic assembly model kit designed by Aurora and distributed by AMT in the early 1970s.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2019 at 4:10 AM · edited Thu, 06 June 2019 at 4:11 AM
Site Admin

One of my classics for him is still live in my store - quite versatile even for nowadays! :)

M3/M2 Mountain Man

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2019 at 7:06 AM

Dang, that's a great Spock. (And I remember that model!)

Agree that Capces morph packs are the best. Wish she'd do one for La Femme.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2019 at 5:16 PM

Fascinating... 😃

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2019 at 6:31 PM

I convert stuff over using WW for my go to mesh, Kyle 1.5, and gotta tell you: the earlier the mesh, the easier it is to convert. I have bunch of stuff for M1/M2, 3CDs worth, and I still call on it when needed. It wasnt a perfect mesh by any stretch, but it did have its virtues.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2019 at 2:35 PM

@Sean:

1. Long time no see, 'mano! :)

2. Agreed... I have to get an external CD reader kit to start plowing through my old CD collections.

In the interim, I did find a few bits and bobs here (all freebies): https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Michael_1-2/Wardrobe

(I assume posting links to freebie sites is okay nowadays? Please shout if not.)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2019 at 8:58 PM

They still have some older stuff at Daz. I know I have one M1 set still for sale there.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2019 at 10:23 AM

Found a few there (wasn't sure... they really changed the way the store works; really had to look.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.