Sun, Sep 22, 9:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery flooding

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2019 at 11:19 AM

👍😄

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 6:59 PM

Flooding still going on... swjkie100.... ~20 images so far... Just in case any mods want to look into it.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

sloan ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 8:33 PM

If only it stayed @20. I just waded through 2 damn pages almost. Didn't bother counting each of dem tho. What gives?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:21 PM · edited Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:24 PM

Wow!! The Invasion of the Powerpuff Girls

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:29 PM · edited Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:29 PM

sloan posted at 10:28PM Fri, 17 May 2019 - #4351853

If only it stayed @20. I just waded through 2 damn pages almost. Didn't bother counting each of dem tho. What gives?

Well I just did and, unless I missed some, it was 62. ~Sheesh~

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:37 PM

62? That's just outrageous! Come on, admins.... PLEASE! Let's have some kind of limits for these individuals that have no concept of self-control!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 9:59 PM

I just posted in the gallery: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/enough-/2876475/?p.

This is completely ridiculous!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 10:59 PM

CHMedia posted at 9:58PM Fri, 17 May 2019 - #4346972

We will not allow excessive postings to continue, and we apologize for any frustration our review process has caused.

So when are you going to address this CONTINUING problem???

rto3d ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2019 at 11:41 PM

good point !

... though i am not sure if the current flooding is for earning credits or to build up a gallery by a new member. i totally agree to a limit of 5 uploads a day and a BRANCH for uploading a complete new gallery WITHOUT presenting THESE uploads under 'new art' ... maybe that will do the trick.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 12:33 AM

rto3d posted at 1:32AM Sat, 18 May 2019 - #4351859

... though i am not sure if the current flooding is for earning credits or to build up a gallery by a new member.

Over 60 images in one day just to build up a gallery? I have over 80 images in my gallery, but it took 19 years to accumulate them. ~sheesh~

Butterfly Dezignz

fireangel ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 3:54 AM

This needs to be addressed by imposing some kind of penalty on people who abuse the galleries. Bar them from posting images for a month, or better yet two months. The issue would go away if Renderosity just imposed a limit on the reward points scheme so points are only awarded for the first 5 images uploaded within 24 hours. That would not be hard for the programmers to implement.

X-TC ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 6:38 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2019 at 6:39 AM

Just plowed through another almost 3 pages of the same upload-spam... it's ridiculous. But secretely staff won't be doing anything, because the actual spam comes form a "prime member" & "vendor". So why should we kill off the hand that feeds, aye? Main thing is the money keeps rollin' in, I guess.

Sad to see that quantity > quality. Even more sad that new and promising talents will be drowned without even being recognized.

Excuse my sledge-hammer forwardness, but I'm really sick of all the sugar coating political correctness.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 7:27 AM

So, when is someone in Rendo Admin going to do something about this situation. Stop saying someone is looking into this and will take care of it. Action folks, not words, is needed. I saw this upload bomb yesterday after I uploaded my own image. Couldn't believe my eyes. This person needs to be banned from the gallery--the fact they are a "prime member" and a "vendor" should not influence this necessary action.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 8:16 AM
Site Admin

This person seems to have a habit of this. Looking at their gallery, they will mass upload periodically. They did it on 6/9/17 and 9/4/15 - 9/10/15.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 9:40 AM

Perhaps Rendo should stop giving 3 points for a regular gallery upload. That would remove the incentive for flooding.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 10:23 AM

Torquinox posted at 11:19AM Sat, 18 May 2019 - #4351875

Perhaps Rendo should stop giving 3 points for a regular gallery upload. That would remove the incentive for flooding.

Nah. Easier to have a daily limit for uploads. Just like it used to be. Why should folks who have the courtesy and common sense to limit their uploads to no more than a few each day be penalized for the actions of one idiot.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 11:11 AM

How is someone able to upload so many damn images ? I hardly upload 1 as it is. If something I upload gets buried there will be hell to pay...HELL TO PAY ..I tell ya..lol, But seriously they should stop the unlimited upload feature cause obviously it's being abused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 12:16 PM

Are you listening, Admins?

(crickets chirping...)

?

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 12:28 PM

As a "Vendor" this person has a whole 4 products - all under $10. They can't be adding that much to the Rendo bank account...

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 1:09 PM

No response is a response.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 1:35 PM

It is now the 18th of May. This thread was started on the 25th of February.

So who, may I ask, isn't listening to concerned artists?

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 2:23 PM

CHMedia, Wheatpenny, and whoever is responsible for the galleries.

X-TC ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 5:00 PM

Well I guess this will be handled the same way as the past wishes for a less limited way of communication in the galleries (not just one comment and one possible response)... things simply will not change.

To be honest: I could easily live without any reward system. If I have some image I want to show, I upload it, am happy with any feedback that comes my way (having a conversation to me is worth far more than any reward points whatsoever, but that's just my opinion). And if I see something in the shop I like: I buy it. If it's on a sale: cool. But I sure don't need any extra ways to lower a product price.

I left deviantart years and years ago, cause the immense upload rate there was too much for my tastes. I went back to renderosity about 2 years ago and thought this site still has got things that I don't like that much, but overall it's pretty fine. But seeing that staff most often does not bother to listen to the concerns and wishes of users (oh hey: customers, aren't most of us also customers?)... well... that's disappointing.

bakapo ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2019 at 7:22 PM

I'm sorry to see the flooding in the galleries continue. I'm extremely upset that the complaints by the members here seem to have been totally brushed aside...

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2019 at 2:49 AM

Ignoring our requests and concerns seems to be standard operating procedure, sadly.... ?

sloan ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2019 at 5:32 PM

It is the weekend. We's tryin' ta stay opto, yanno?

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2019 at 6:00 PM

Yep - Moving forward... Hopefully the mods will be back Monday and see the latest. And maybe even act on it... That would be good. ?

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2019 at 8:33 PM

??

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2019 at 6:27 PM

The problem has been addressed. Thank you to all the mods! Your work is appreciated.

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2019 at 1:26 PM

What was done? How was it resolved?

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2019 at 3:32 PM

Apparently the person responsible got their hands slapped. All but 5 of those images are gone.

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2019 at 5:44 PM

Thanks. Better than doing nothing!

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2019 at 6:03 PM

That is good news, but better news would be a restriction on their future uploads to the gallery.

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2019 at 6:16 PM

I completely agree - especially for those responsible for these upload bombs... But for now, probably the best option is to just politely notify one of the mods if you see it happening again. They can't be everywhere, and there likely aren't that many of them..

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2019 at 10:28 PM

Just counted at least 14 uploads by the same person on 06-04... sigh

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2019 at 3:44 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Maybe drop this in their mailbox:

Stop.jpg

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2019 at 4:59 PM

PERFECT!! 😁

If only we could be assured it would actually have some effect on these fools.

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2019 at 6:09 PM

??? My feelings exactly!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2019 at 8:35 AM

Ah, yes. I get your point.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2019 at 1:12 PM

I'm not all that keen on punishing vendors for issues they have no control over myself. Why wouldn't you just message Renderocity directly and cut out the middle man? Since that is probably a volunteer function (moderating the galleries) volunteering to help might be useful also.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2019 at 1:13 PM

Just like FlagonsWorkshop said,

Why not volunteer to help clean up the gallery ? But be warned, it wont be as easy as it seems. I would do it, but..lol I'd delete image I just didn't like also and that would then be another forum topic titled,

CHK2033 keeps deleting my uploads ?

Jenn: Why did you remove their image ?

Me: Cause I just didn't like it.

Jenn: What was wrong with it ?

Me: it had colors I didnt like 😃

you see ? so things could be a lot worse.

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2019 at 1:53 PM

Not everyone comes here to hang around in the gallery to notice that one of the artists is flooding the gallery. This is just petty stuff you should report to one of the staff members if you really want to take it up with that one artist but please don't say any unkind words about the staff, I'm pretty sure they have more important tasks than to keep watch to see who's doing what in the gallery. They assume everybody is nice to each other... and if you're not they don't retaliate against any artists like you suggested they should because that's not how you run a bussiness. Also you have to keep in mind a lot of artists here do promo work and they count on uploading more than five uploads a day -- and they'll purchase a prime account to do so. A software support person could probably change their gallery algorithm so it combines multiple thumbnails uploaded in a row by the same artist... just like Windows' taskbar but like I said this is just petty stuff to some people.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2019 at 9:02 AM

the irony

someone spamming the galleries.... and we get a spambot in the thread complaining about the spamming...

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2019 at 10:34 AM

Who are we talking about?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2019 at 12:51 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2019 at 12:54 PM

Torquinox posted at 12:47PM Thu, 13 June 2019 - #4353069

Who are we talking about?

That's exactly what a spambot would say! tongue.png ... or something like " I'm not a spambot! " jk

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2019 at 2:17 PM

This thread has been locked and posts removed because the topic has shifted and it is disturbing the peace. Please sitemail me any usernames for members that are flooding the gallery. We have procedures in place to resolve this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.