Mon, Sep 23, 3:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: *rant* inline images in/as comments in gallery

structure ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 8:15 AM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:36 AM
Forum Coordinator

First, let me say, I really detest images in comments, sometimes the images are the comments, and sometimes, the images are BIGGER than the actual piece of art. It does not take much to type "nice", "lovely", "beautiful", which, it appears, is the general comment for most images. If you want to post an image, you should post it in the gallery not in somebody else's post. please, disable this "feature" completely, or at least limit it to a 200 x 200 ( or preferably smaller ) image.

Locked Out

CHK2033 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:49 PM ยท edited Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:51 PM

ee65cc12aa5d9bb501af4d706d89bcc2.png

lol, I feel you though, its getting real old already. +1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,ย  intel Xeonย  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000ย 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:03 PM

Spongebob.png

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 1:28 PM
structure ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 5:52 PM
Forum Coordinator

image.png

Locked Out

ironsoul ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 2:26 AM

Would be a shame to lose the feature as useful for associating WIP work with the final image. Could add a new option in a users profile - "turn off image/movie images in comments".

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 7:50 AM

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 8:40 AM

I very much agree with you on this one. I really hate it when people comment on my work with another image. I do hope that this feature will be stopped.

structure ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 1:06 PM
Forum Coordinator

ironsoul posted at 7:02PM Thu, 04 July 2019 - #4353838

Would be a shame to lose the feature as useful for associating WIP work with the final image. Could add a new option in a users profile - "turn off image/movie images in comments".

While this is a useful feature, it could be changed so that only the OP can post images in their own thread ( and I am just talking about the galleries here ) you post an 800 x 800 image and someone comes along and posts a 1000 x 1000 image in the comments section of your thread - for no reason other than they can. Seriously, commenting on art with an image ( in most cases some cartoony thing with a thumbs up or something similar ) is just poor taste, and imho, rude.

Locked Out

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 1:37 PM

Structure posted at 7:36PM Thu, 04 July 2019 - #4356017

ironsoul posted at 7:02PM Thu, 04 July 2019 - #4353838

While this is a useful feature, it could be changed so that only the OP can post images in their own thread ( and I am just talking about the galleries here ) you post an 800 x 800 image and someone comes along and posts a 1000 x 1000 image in the comments section of your thread - for no reason other than they can. Seriously, commenting on art with an image ( in most cases some cartoony thing with a thumbs up or something similar ) is just poor taste, and imho, rude.

I think so too, it is rude. I rather have no comments than those pictures. I was thinking ot switch off comments, but I have such lovely followers who leave nice comments. sigh

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 11:49 AM

It seems that they've turned off that feature.

cat.JPG

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 11:57 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:57PM Fri, 05 July 2019 - #4356117

It seems that they've turned off that feature.

cat.JPG

That cat is the CUTEST. I am melting!!!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 12:00 PM

Thanks! It's my daughter's cat =)

X-TC ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 4:25 AM

I do not like "image comments" either (I also don't like one word comments... so there you have it), but I do like to share music videos with quite some other users. Losing that option in the process is... meh. But you can't have it all, aye?

I wonder though if the preview (your comment) button was killed in the process of getting rid of image comments. If so: good job... ๐Ÿ˜

structure ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 8:48 AM
Forum Coordinator

Thank you so much for turning it off!

Locked Out

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 9:43 AM ยท edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 9:47 AM

Some artists used this feature to display variations of their original artwork.

structure ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:43 PM
Forum Coordinator

As I previously stated, it could be changed so that only the OP can post images in their own thread - This would allow for those artists to display their variations and / or WIPs, or sharing YouTube songs, and still prevent images from viewers being used as comments.

Wouldn't that be the best compromise for all?

Thoughts?

Locked Out

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 7:02 PM

Hey, at least you're getting comments. :-)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

X-TC ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 1:20 AM

I think it's quite funny that staff is really quick about this issue (with only one complaint?), but since how many years do many of us ask for a better form of communication in the galleries? Like more than one comment and one answer?

Guess it's easier to switch a function off than alter a numeric part of a code. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 10:19 AM

I am so glad that this feature is gone,it annoyed me for a long time.

FleetR ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 2:07 PM

Several times it was complained about since the re-do of RO back in 2015, so it has been a long time coming. Thx.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 3:03 PM

You know, just let be happy that it has been changed now, for the better.

FleetR ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 6:05 PM

I am rather QUITE happy about it, Petra!!

I was commenting on the fact that Martin had stated that only one person mentioned/ranted about it, which is inaccurate. That's all.

I might even start posting again I am THAT HAPPY about it!

Looking forward to seeing the other changes that happen (see thread that Dee started).

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 7:13 PM

Hi parfait, yes, I am happy too.:)

goldie ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2019 at 9:49 AM

I agree with you...to me it is a sign of sheer laziness. That goes for the one-word comment...if that's the best you can do, simply don't bother. I am not interested in your superficial interest in my work...

Those who do this are more than likely more interested in reciprocal comments so they can get those "ratings."

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2019 at 5:18 PM

???????????

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! ? Did I say THANK YOU? ?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.