Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Should it take hours to simulate dynamic clothing?

novelist999 ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2019 at 8:38 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

Last night, I loaded V4 in Poser 11, and added Kaleya's Autumn Witch clothing, which is a dress and underskirt, and it's still simulating the dress. It has been about 12 hours and the dress is only 90% done (frame 25 out of 30). The underskirt, however, was fairly quick. I rarely use dynamic clothes so my cloth room knowledge is limited, but it has never taken this long to simulate clothing. What could I have done wrong to cause this long simulation time or is this normal?

Thank you!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2019 at 8:53 AM · edited Wed, 28 August 2019 at 8:54 AM

It could be a collision issue, so no it shouldn't take this long ... Sometimes it's the little settings that can throw you off.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2019 at 10:24 AM
Site Admin

things to check if a simulation is taking forever, 1. Does the underskirt, figure or other objects it's set to collide with poke through the dress? 2. how high poly is it? The higher poly count will slow the simulation 3. Does any of the things the dress is supposed to collide with pass through other things the dress is supposed to collide with? An arm through the stomach? 4. Is there anything the underskirt and the dress both collide against where the dress is in between the skirt and object? Is there enough room between the skirt and object for the dress? For the skirt simulation, you need to raise the collision distance between that and the object. 5. Is there anything not set as a collision but passes through the dress and is currently invisible? Make it visible. This one is rare but I have seen it happen.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

novelist999 ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2019 at 11:58 AM

Thanks Boni and Red Phantom. It was the collison settings. It looks like I had some extra things checked. I tried again and now the simulation is only taking a few minutes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.