Sun, Oct 6, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Looking For Snarlygribbly scripts?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 7:33 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Okay, as I found out this morning when looking for Snowmachine and EZ-Dome, Snarly's old site is still down and out. But over at the old Smith Micro Forums he did post a new link where you can pick up some of his old scripts. I post them here for you now:

Snarly's Scripts

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 8:18 AM

EZMetal no longer works with the latest version of Poser and I don't think there will be any updates to it anymore.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 12:57 PM

I noticed an article on how to use Poser had his old place listed for these files. A place that was 404 DOA. Thanks for the update.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 1:50 PM

👍

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2019 at 4:00 PM

I do have his scripts listed in the directory, under Python Scripts. It did have his old link, but I've updated them all to the new link.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 3:26 AM

I apologise for any difficulties you guys have had in getting hold of my scripts.

My enthusiasm for Poser was all but destroyed by the previous custodians of Poser, but I am hopeful that Renderosity will renew my interest in the hobby. I shall follow progress with a measure of caution and help where I can. If things look good and Poser appears to be in safe hands then you can expect updated versions of my scripts and, perhaps, some new ones that I had once planned to make. I am not likely to revive my old site (but it remains a possibility) - it seems to me that it is more appropriate to host any future work here at Renderosity.

Thank you for your patience :)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 3:56 AM

Nice one, Snarly. Good to read you, mate; hope you're keeping well.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 4:40 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2019 at 4:41 AM

Yay!!! Snarly that is great news. I love your scripts!! I use your scenefixer every day and your domey thing quite often. Did you have snow? I should probably try snow. I think renderosity will be a great home for poser. This is where it all started for me. I bought vue d'sprit many years ago, and I wanted "people" in my scenes, and then I found renderosity all those years ago in the days of poser 4. Then i found it was much nicer making scenes with people in poser and so here i am. I feel this is really the home of poser here at rendero. I have so much lovely content for poser from here already. Love esther PS looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 5:01 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2019 at 5:02 AM

That's great news, Snarly! Especially since I'm thinking of a way to create some footprints in the snow, using Snow Machine. BTW, you might want to consider changing the link in your signature. That's gonna confuse some folks since it doesn't work.

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 7:43 AM

Just a note: SnowMachine does not work with SuperFly because the N-node for SuperFly is broken. I have rebuild a N-node based on native Cycle-nodes but the result doesn’t look very good as SnowMachine requires micro-displacement to look nice.

danidh ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 8:43 AM

Good news, indeed!

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 3:48 PM

Does anyone know how to use these scripts with 64-bit PP11?

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2019 at 11:43 PM

I've been using EZSkin 3 in PP11 64-bit just as I used to use EZSkin 2 in my old P9. I haven't had any issues at all.

Needless to say, some tweaking has to be done depending on the character, and the character skin set, but the script works just fine.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 12:38 AM

Miss B posted at 1:36AM Thu, 12 September 2019 - #4361698

I've been using EZSkin 3 in PP11 64-bit just as I used to use EZSkin 2 in my old P9. I haven't had any issues at all.

Needless to say, some tweaking has to be done depending on the character, and the character skin set, but the script works just fine.

The 64-bit Poser version or the 32-bit version option that can be downloaded in conjunction with the 64-bit version? Yes, EZSkin 3 works for me as long as I'm in the 32-bit version.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 4:43 AM

goldie posted at 5:42AM Thu, 12 September 2019 - #4361702

The 64-bit Poser version or the 32-bit version option that can be downloaded in conjunction with the 64-bit version? Yes, EZSkin 3 works for me as long as I'm in the 32-bit version.

There's only one version of the script. It's a python script. Should work with either one.

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 7:22 AM

Well. I will just have to reinstall it and see what happens. Thanks for the replies.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 2:03 PM

goldie posted at 3:02PM Thu, 12 September 2019 - #4361702

I don't download the 32-bit option, so stricly 64-bit for me. That said, I mentioned in your other thread just now, that the latest version of Snarly's EZSkin 3 is Build 089, so make sure that's the version you have.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 2:06 PM

Snarlygribbly posted at 3:04PM Thu, 12 September 2019 - #4361639

I apologise for any difficulties you guys have had in getting hold of my scripts.

My enthusiasm for Poser was all but destroyed by the previous custodians of Poser, but I am hopeful that Renderosity will renew my interest in the hobby. I shall follow progress with a measure of caution and help where I can. If things look good and Poser appears to be in safe hands then you can expect updated versions of my scripts and, perhaps, some new ones that I had once planned to make. I am not likely to revive my old site (but it remains a possibility) - it seems to me that it is more appropriate to host any future work here at Renderosity.

Thank you for your patience :)

Glad to hear this Snarly, as you and your scripts would be greatly missed.

Butterfly Dezignz

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2019 at 3:32 PM
Online Now!

I use most of those scripts daily in the 64-bit version; amongst many, many other things, Scene Fixer is a lifesaver for some older clothing mats when rendering in Superfly. And the sphere plays beautifully in both renderers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.