Thu, Sep 19, 8:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Selective posing

flyerx ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 10:40 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 1:42 AM

Poser 11 Pro (Windows). Two questions:

• Is there a way of saving a joint pose + selected parameter dials? I can only save a pose with joints or joints and all parameters which makes the save pose function rather useless for some applications.

• Is there an utility that easily allows me to edit a pose file and quickly select only rotations, translations and some parameter dials and resave it? I tried PZ3editor and CR2editor and both require manual selection of all the dials which is about as fast as editing the file in a text editor.

thanks for your attention,

FlyerX

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 1:23 AM

"Poser 11 Pro (Windows). Two questions:

Is there a way of saving a joint pose + selected parameter dials? I can only save a pose with joints or joints and all parameters which makes the save pose function rather useless for some applications."

The second question I have no idea but the first question leads to another question. You mention some applications. What applications are you speaking of? A game developer perhaps? Another modeling program?

flyerx ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 2:55 AM

I was referring to some applications within Poser, not applications as software. For example saving a single pose that could contain joint rotations plus some morphforms.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:19 AM

I think he wants a quick and easy way to save a partial pose.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 8:36 AM

Okay, found your answer. It can be done, and it will save you time in the long run, but it can be rather involved. Here's a link to a Tutorial Acadia posted in this forum in March 2008. Saving Partial Poses

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 11:55 AM

Understood Earl. I suppose I was reading too much into his initial request as saving partial poses is rather intuitive with Poser. At least for me. Good find, by the way. Hope this helps the flyer.

flyerx ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 2:32 PM

Thanks for the replies but saving partial poses does not help with this issue. There is no way of selecting individual parameters dials. Its either joints only or joints plus all the parameter dials in the figure/body part.

FlyerX

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

Then I honestly don't understand your question.

flyerx ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:38 PM

Never mind then. I will write some utility to do this as it looks like I am the only one that seems to need it.

caisson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:26 PM

Have a look at Netherwork's Dial Manager 2015 (not on Rendo, just do a search). You can pick any individual dials to save plus make presets for figures. Might be what you're after?

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 9:37 PM

I dont know if this is what you are looking for, but included with poser is scripts>partners>netherworks>Pose writer panel

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

flyerx ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 9:55 PM

Dial manager is what I needed, thanks for the suggestion.

FlyerX

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.