Sun, Oct 6, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 11.2 content question

drafter69 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:57 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 5:52 AM

I installed the program and it seems to work fine but now I need to know if I have to reinstall all the content? On the download page they list gigs of content... is that already installed ( I owned Poser 11 and have the serial number ) Does everything have to be re-nstalled??

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:08 PM

Without knowing what content you already have, that's hard to answer. The La Femme Content is clearly labeled. Most of the premium content is from Hivewire and contains Dawn, Dusk, The Gorilla, the Horse and baby Luna, plus other content that was bundled with them. If you already have Poser 11, then most likely you already have the Legacy content, too.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:39 PM

From what I can ascertain from my early-adopter experience, the compressed legacy content is the older, accumulated content from way back. If you are not interested in these and have no desire to reinstall then ignore them. Now, I'm not certain about the legacy content being reinstalled from the Poser.exe. I really need someone to investigate this. The Poser installer calls on executable files (.exe) for each of the categories original offered in the past. I notice that the final release Poser version website has no executables, just compressed files, I am assuming that no legacy content is installed on the initial installation of Poser. Again, someone would need to verify this for us.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:48 PM

hborre posted at 1:45PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362700

From what I can ascertain from my early-adopter experience, the compressed legacy content is the older, accumulated content from way back. If you are not interested in these and have no desire to reinstall then ignore them. Now, I'm not certain about the legacy content being reinstalled from the Poser.exe. I really need someone to investigate this. The Poser installer calls on executable files (.exe) for each of the categories original offered in the past. I notice that the final release Poser version website has no executables, just compressed files, I am assuming that no legacy content is installed on the initial installation of Poser. Again, someone would need to verify this for us.

No legacy content is re-installed.

The La Femme in the package is an Education version (with no genitals) and will not affect your current installation of La Femme. There's a lot of content in the Premium Content folders which will work on both versions - hair, clothes, shoes, props, etc. In addition, the Premium content folders contain a great deal of product from the store currently. There are README files in each of the zips. You can go through them for files you may already have.

The HW figure folders are individual to those figures so you can pick and choose what to download.

None of the other PREMIUM CONTENT files will affect your current installed figures at all; the legacy files are a different matter and I did not download any of them.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:03 PM

Thank you, I figured as much that Bondware had the wisdom of offering legacy content as separate files. This may be a great opportunity to actually clear out all the unnecessary and unusable content with a fresh install.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 3:02 PM

These are the ReadMe files from the Premium Content folders. These products are in the Renderosity marketplace and you can search to check out the commercial quality of these products. This is not your typical Poser content folder, folks.

!P11.2PremiumContent.jpg

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:51 PM

can't even open new install Capture.PNG

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:59 PM

If you are using the Download Manager to update, that will no longer work because it's tied to Smith Micro server and is no longer active. That was the main reason for this bridge release.

Download the update from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:22 PM

Deecey, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I installed the new 11.2 via the link you've shown. After installing 11.2 I cannot open the program and only shows the image I posted above. I can no longer open poser at all after installing the update.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:32 PM

It's very difficult to respond when you post the same thing in multiple threads. 8-)

I suggested in another thread (now I can't remember which) that part of your problem might be that the Poser uninstaller leaves traces in the registry that might be the reason you are getting those errors.

I suggest uninstalling with something like Revo Uninstaller (paid) or Geek Uninstaller (free) to clean out the registry, and hopefully that will get you past this. Geek Uninstaller actually works pretty well, and hopefully you will be allowed to install Poser as if it has never been installed. Keep your serial number handy 8-)

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:34 PM

i repeated the uninstall reinstall and now everything seems fine..... very odd. I didn't even need to reinstall my octane plugin or GoZ app.

flaviok ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:13 PM

Em que arquivo está La femme ? What file is La femme in?

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:22 PM

flaviok posted at 6:21AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362831

Em que arquivo está La femme ? What file is La femme in?

In the Core file installation. The La Femme zips are contents for her.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

flaviok ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:37 PM

ghostman No Núcleo de arquivo de instalação. La Femme zíperes são conteúdo para ela. In the Core file installation. The La Femme zips are contents for her. Obrigado meu amigo. Instalei por cima do anterior. Achei que iam colocar com People. Thank you my friend. I installed over the previous one. I thought they were going to put it with People.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 2:04 AM

If I install the content, will it overwrite my existing PP11 runtime? I have a lot of stuff in there I don't want to lose.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 2:29 AM

rokket posted at 9:28AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362846

If I install the content, will it overwrite my existing PP11 runtime? I have a lot of stuff in there I don't want to lose.

Back up your Preference folder and the Runtime before install.

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:10 AM

ghostman posted at 1:10AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362847

rokket posted at 9:28AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362846

Back up your Preference folder and the Runtime before install.

Got it. Thanks. I am still downloading the content, so I will probably not do the install tonight anyhow...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:12 AM

What are the 4KB files named legacy and beta?

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:18 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:21 AM

rokket posted at 10:17AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362851

What are the 4KB files named legacy and beta?

Blunders to be ignored. LOL

What you might need though if you have old scene files you want to be able to open is the file at the bottom that starts with zz This will add some files that has been moved outside of the poser program that was there before. .

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:25 AM

I wondered about that. Thanks for the info!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 5:41 AM

By the way, am I going to have to manually install all this content? I have been installing things I've downloaded, but that's usually only one product. This is tons. How do I do it?

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 5:44 AM

rokket posted at 12:43PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362868

By the way, am I going to have to manually install all this content? I have been installing things I've downloaded, but that's usually only one product. This is tons. How do I do it?

Manually like you do when installing products from the store.

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 5:46 AM

Oh, boy! Big Job. I take it Poser will create the runtime folder and I just fill it...?

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 5:47 AM

Sorry if I am asking questions like a 5-year-old...

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 5:53 AM

rokket posted at 12:52PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362871

Sorry if I am asking questions like a 5-year-old...

Want someone to hold yr hands while doing it? 😁

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 6:07 AM

I do, but she told me no... ?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:30 AM

Content that you installed yourself will not be overwritten. I have installed several versions as early-adopter and everything I manually installed from downloads or create are still intact.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:49 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 5:31AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362734

These are the ReadMe files from the Premium Content folders. These products are in the Renderosity marketplace and you can search to check out the commercial quality of these products. This is not your typical Poser content folder, folks.

!P11.2PremiumContent.jpg

This listing practically deserves it's own thread. (it does) Not your typical Poser content is a big understatement. Pushing 6am in the morning. I find myself crosschecking with my purchases and nope...I never bought this or that...always wanted to. Oh that Van....I always wanted that van Blue Tree makes the best stuff...heh...Unidwarf..heh. The Canyon set I didn't have...ya the newer one.

I'm getting a cup of java. This is going to take a while.

drafter69 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 1:11 PM

what I was referring to was older poser content that was installed. Will I need to re-install all those old items or are they still available with the update?

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:11 PM

have a question
what all of these files go in main poser runtime and what goes in content runtime folder I am not sure so any help appreciated

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:16 PM

Sa_raneth posted at 9:15PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4363008

have a question
what all of these files go in main poser runtime and what goes in content runtime folder I am not sure so any help appreciated

I put everything in the Content runtime folder. There are issues when you put stuff in Program Files. Windows security is a pain, so it's better to install your content outside of Program Files.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:30 PM

Except for python scripts, everything should go to content.

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:33 PM

going to be a bunch of files to install manually ah well

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:35 PM

I always install all content manually; that way I control everything goes where I want it.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:05 PM

Sa_raneth posted at 10:02PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4363013

going to be a bunch of files to install manually ah well

Isn't it the same, no matter where you install it? Just point them to the folder containing the runtime you want them in. The files should all fall into the correct folders (creating them if necessary). It's no harder installing into the Content file than into the main Poser runtime.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:06 PM

Rhia474 posted at 11:05PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4363014

I always install all content manually; that way I control everything goes where I want it.

I do as well. I always like to know where everything is "supposed" to go, and then move it where I want it instead, if necessary.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 7:20 AM

Hi, i have installed PP11.2 with the relase date of sep. 20. Right after the first installation i looked into the folders of the runtime to check whats inside. Everything as normal as it was before. Then i installed the extra content, the new figures and stuff and the ZLegacy stuff as well. Now i have inside my Basic Material Folder all the materials doubled, one in the mt5 format and the other as mz5. What i have done wrong?

RoseHawk ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 10:06 AM

blackbonner posted at 4:05PM Sat, 21 September 2019 - #4363050

Hi, i have installed PP11.2 with the relase date of sep. 20. Right after the first installation i looked into the folders of the runtime to check whats inside. Everything as normal as it was before. Then i installed the extra content, the new figures and stuff and the ZLegacy stuff as well. Now i have inside my Basic Material Folder all the materials doubled, one in the mt5 format and the other as mz5. What i have done wrong?

Probably nothing.

Bondware have done some cleaning up of older files, OBJ's PMD's moved to Geometries folder for example.

They probably compressed these files, so you could just delete the duplicates.

Improvement means change. Change need not mean improvement.

I use Poser 12.0.757, 11.3 and or 2014, on Win10 64bit.

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 10:18 AM

Thanks, i will install everything again and check each pack on it's own to avoid unnecessary duplicates. I also decided to remove my old Runtime completely and build up a new one. Most of the items were never used, to be honest, some of them I had forgotten they even existed. Time to let go...

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 11:28 AM

Hi, i just found out what caused the dublicates. The download ZZLegacyPoser11-installminimum_basic containes the basic materials and the primitve props as well. All the other folder are "clean" so to speak.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.