Wed, Oct 9, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Why..........why...........why

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 10:16 AM

Then why bother with EULAs at all? Sell the software as-is, and let the buyer do whatever they want with it (short of redistributing it of course). Yet companies insist on EULAs that are practically worthless.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 10:56 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 11:55AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364171

Then why bother with EULAs at all? Sell the software as-is, and let the buyer do whatever they want with it (short of redistributing it of course). Yet companies insist on EULAs that are practically worthless.

Then, once again, you can't complain if the software does something you didn't expect, or if they put a kill switch in it.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 11:34 AM

EClark1894 posted at 12:32PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364166

DreaminGirl posted at 11:00AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364165

EClark1894 posted at 4:44PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364142

DreaminGirl posted at 7:07AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364135

EULAs aren't considered legally binding in the EU anyways.

I looked that up. Seems a lot depends on the language used. Unfortunately you'll probably have to pay someone some legal fees to find out.

Got nothing to do with the wording. A contract is only considered legally binding if it is signed by the person, and simply ticking off a checkbox is not considered a signature.

That's just it, though. EULAs aren't contracts, they're agreements between the parties involved....

Isn't a formal agreement between parties a contract? ๐Ÿ˜‰

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
โ€œI could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:45 PM

Where it gets tricky - at least here in the UK - is, any contract, agreement or whatever cannot remove a person's rights in law.

Oddly enough, nobody has tried this to break NDAs, as far as I know.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.