Wed, Sep 18, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Cant contact content paradise or content on rendo

jugoth ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 4:07 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 8:53 AM

Went to content paradise to download my stuff going back years including poser 8. See message 2nd site closing down now after in out hospital after 2 heart atacks bloody blood clots swing through me heart. did not do much. Have they kept everyone email addy and list of what they downloaded, or have they wiped it. i email content no reply and i message them on here no reply. Does this mean the owners of company and everything they owned does not exist anymore. I cant afford pay out couple thousand bucks to buy again.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 4:14 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2019 at 4:16 AM

Content Paradise has indeed gone offline.

Here's a notice from the Smith Micro Forum website:

On September 2nd, 2019 we will be closing access to Content Paradise, which we shutdown back in September of 2018. If you haven’t done so already, please take the remaining time to login to your Content Paradise account and download any previously purchased items that you want to backup. If you have any issues with gaining access to your account you can contact the Smith Micro support team:

https://support1.smithmicro.com/portal/home

I don't know how relevant that notice still is though.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 3:18 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2019 at 3:20 PM

@jugoth

I feel your pain. Bondware exported some but not all of the content from Content Paradise (CP). The one item I wanted to download and was willing to pay for again was called, "A Touch of Greece". I lost the zip due to a hard drive fail. Of Course Renderosity decided to import the vendors entire catalog except for that one item.

And if I'm CP, I wipe out the purchases and keep the email addresses for sale later. Identity is cash these days.

I hope your health is doing better. It's serious business. Please take care of yourself.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 3:36 PM

There is one other hope. If you know the vendor's name and email address, you may be able to contact them to get a replacement.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 5:39 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:38PM Thu, 10 October 2019 - #4366644

There is one other hope. If you know the vendor's name and email address, you may be able to contact them to get a replacement.

I suppose the Poser Overlords have extended their power. I just found the item I was missing. It's even on the front page. I might've missed it but I think it was added. If only Jugoth could do the same. By the way, remember how Smith Micro wanted to exact a fee for maintaining your purchase in their servers? I think it was implied that as long as Smith Micro existed you could redownload your item.

Anyway for Jugoth, I've found that if you can at least prove in someway, that you purchased the item, most vendors will replace it. Especially, if it's an older item. Only one vendor seemed to have trouble locating the items I lost in my crash or was too busy to make a real effort. I ended up repurchasing the items. Frankly, the vendors who came through were simply amazing in their kindness. Karanta, Yanelis are two that come to mind.

Protect yourself in the future...STORE your ZIPS! So far only a few companies like Renderosity seem to be eternal. By the way, @Jugoth What happened to your Poser model Zip files?

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 6:50 AM

You could also contact our sales department and explain your situation. We may be able to help.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 7:05 AM

quietrob posted at 7:57AM Fri, 11 October 2019 - #4366668

Protect yourself in the future...STORE your ZIPS! So far only a few companies like Renderosity seem to be eternal.

That's actually very good advice. On my Mac, which I rarely use anymore, I have zip files from almost every store and freebie site I ever downloaded from. DAZ, Renderosity, Content Paradise, and RDNA to name just a few. I even have some older versions of Poser from version 6 on to version 2014. It wouldn't run PP11, and I didn't buy P5. Unfortunately P4 won't run on this Mac, but I still have the Library files.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 7:38 AM

I have ALL my runtimes going back to Poser 4 ... on an external drive and linked to my PP 11. Also all my downloads back to 2010.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 12:33 AM

I recommend archiving all digital purchases and storing on Secure Media in a secure location. I have my content installers backed up to my NAS as well as a Back Up Drive. I also use a Back Up System that I lock the cartridges in a fireproof/waterproof safe....

I also have my actual Runtimes backed up to the NAS and Back Up Drive. I learned that lesson years ago. Windows 3.11 hard drive fail... Redundancy. I will never have to deal with that again.

ratscloset
aka John

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 3:21 AM

John! Glad to see you!

jugoth ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2019 at 3:23 AM

Ta replies i lost all my zips through a hard drive crash, hard drive to faulty to repair. Cant remember some stuff purchased as did not install left on zip. Looks like a lot Jessie g2 and g2 mail not exported to rendo.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2019 at 5:34 AM

While you could buy G2 Jessie from CP, she also came in Poser 7, I believe, with Sydney who was also a G2 female. They pretty much had the same body, but different faces.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.