Thu, Sep 19, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Poser 11.2 all my figures are black in previews

Darkworld ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 11:39 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 3:38 AM

The renders are fine, but in preview mode all my figures are pitch black now, ie totally unusable, I can't see anything except the hair.

This is an abrupt change upon launching 11.2 after the update. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm using Poser 11 Pro

EDIT: it seems this applies to all .pz3 files, but not to .cr2s. All my work files have turned black, I'm trying to see if saving all the characters and adding them back into the scene will fix it =/

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 11:47 AM

First remember that many of the human figures pre-date Superfly, so you will likely need EZSkin3 from Snarlygribbly: http://snarlygribbly.org/poser/

Darkworld ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 12:13 PM · edited Fri, 11 October 2019 at 12:13 PM

Oh I never use super fly this is firefly.

I figured it out though, it was the preview settings

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 5:04 PM

Just curious ... I only use Superfly now ... but am not dissing firefly ... why is it that you have PP 11.2 and don't use Superfly? IF it's the learning curve. Let us know we can help.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 1:43 AM

@ Boni: I have Poser 11 but don't use Superfly neither. I tried some scenes with Superfly and the renders were horribly grainy (like pictures in cheap newspapers) or, if I pumped up the settings, my render-times at least trippled (and the results were still not as good as Firefly-renders). And I use mostly M4s and many of the materials for his stuff (clothes etc) just don't work that well in Superfly ...

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 7:28 AM

I certainly understand. Thank you.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 7:36 AM

Superfly is incredibly dependant on the render settings because of this - everything you increase will increase render times. So you need to know what each of those options does, to know what to increase and what to decrease. The included preset settings are pretty generic - as they have to be, as the program doesn't know what you need in your specific scene.

For example, if you have mesh hair, you'll want a high number of Max Transparency Bounces. If you don't have glass, crystal etc, you'll want no caustics. And even so, there's the area render trick - with things that take too long to render, you turn off those effects and full render, then turn them on and area render on just the small part of the scene you'll need that.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2019 at 7:55 AM

Do we have the Poser equivalent of DAZ's superb Scene Optimizer third-party script? If not, perhaps we should? Scene Optimizer cuts iRay times by about 80%, making an 1200px tall image viable on a CPU-only render in about ten minutes. I'd love to have something as easy-to-use for SuperFly.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2019 at 12:08 AM

HartyBart posted at 9:57PM Sat, 12 October 2019 - #4366880

Do we have the Poser equivalent of DAZ's superb Scene Optimizer third-party script? If not, perhaps we should? Scene Optimizer cuts iRay times by about 80%, making an 1200px tall image viable on a CPU-only render in about ten minutes. I'd love to have something as easy-to-use for SuperFly.

This is not a dig on you, HartyBart. I know you're thinking of Superfly. It's this.

I am just so sick of seeing "WITH IRAY" on every single DAZ offering. First IRAY is tied with NVIDIA. What do you bet that DAZ and NVIDIA have some backroom deal going on? I'll upgrade my video card as a Christmas present to myself and I don't want to be limited as to my choice. It sounds as if I want to render with real power using that other software program I MUST buy Nvidia when a Radeon with just as much graphics power is available and perhaps a lower cost. I have zero loyalty to one system or another. My only loyalty (in computing matters) is to Poser. If Nvidia is clearly better within my price range and my gigabyte motherboard is compatible with it, fine. Otherwise, if I see IRAY Nvidia one more time, I'm going to break the pancake eating record of Hungry Sneed. (Good Luck trying to figure out that one Earl)

Kerya ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2019 at 2:45 AM · edited Sun, 13 October 2019 at 2:47 AM

Sorry - forget it ...

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2019 at 3:17 AM

Ya. Sorry for the rant. I have nothing against a well placed timely rant but I want to make this a kind place. Good luck figuring Hungry Snead. It's not often anyone can defeat Google and their Quantum Computer. Heh. I just did.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 12:32 PM

My rant ended this thread so let a simple question continue it.

I'm a firefly type of guy but there is nothing wrong with learning new things. I liked the sweaty special effects on EZskin2 but can't figure out how to get that with EZskin3. Also I can't get the fire engine red on the chicks fingernails to look like they do in the previews.

I could use some pointers.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 1:32 PM

There is a learning curve with regard to SF, it's settings, it's moods, but in the end it is superior to FF and well worth the extra time rendering. Render FF.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.