Fri, Sep 20, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Wrecked my hole weekend!!!

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 1:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:42 AM

file_222235.jpg

I just purchased the MIKEY character from the store. When I loaded it into Poser Pro, it had holes in the abdomen area! Now I posted something similar to this problem a few back, but noone responded with a helpful answer. Can someone look at this and hopefully tell me what I have to do to fix this - and please don't say anything about postworking it either - thanks Oh yeah I sent a message to seang asking the same thing. Man, I had a project to get out by Monday and was gonna use this character. HELP!!!

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:07 PM

cotact the person who made it!!!!i guess?

gyusaku ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:11 PM

Have you installed the Poser Pro update? I recall some missing polygon problems in non-updated versions.

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:18 PM

No I haven't but will now. Hopefully this will fix it, if not, "I'll be back!"

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:42 PM

I have the Mikey character and it works great! No empty polys. But I'm not running ProPack either. This and the problem you had with the pants makes me kinda wonder if it isn't ProPack doing it. Looks like it :(. Hope you get it cleared up soon. Maybe the patch will help. Laurie

seang ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:02 PM

Hey Dave Thanks for your purchase of Mikey. I've got Poser Pro, and no holes. Which version of Poser Pro do you have? If you still have the problem, I can send you the copy of Mikey I use in Poser Pro. Should I send it to this email? It's about 3megs. Let me know!

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:16 PM

Bro help!!! Just tried to email you but the friggin email.com crap aint working. I smell conspiracy. Oh yeah and I just tried to install the sr3 update for pro pack and it stated that I don't have pro pack install! LOL So now what? seang can you send it to davidkirk@email.com and hopefully I'll be able to log on tonight and hopefully your version will not be holy. Thanks.

seang ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:20 PM

file_222238.jpg

Not getting any holes. But you can try the following; 1. Check to see whether or not your original Michael Charater is corrupted. 2. Delete blMilMan.obj file and reinstall Michael. 3. Get latest Pro Pack update.

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:29 PM

Yeah i did just that bro, I checked my mike model and it loaded fine. As a matter of fact, I was skeptical bout buying your stuff, so first started playing with the Mike model and changing it's scale from superhero to juvenile. Everything mophed okay except the head and hips. So thats when I bought your Mikey character. But when I loaded it up, the holes were there! And as I posted just previously, the darn sr3 won't load - keeps stating that it can't find pro pack...hmmm looks like pro pack to me, especially when i'm starin at this stupid little plastic box it came in with a 15 page manual. Gonna email Curious (as soon as the email.com comes back up), but I won't get a reply til Monday for sure. Thanks for at least replying bro.

seang ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:40 PM

I just sent you an email w/Mikey, hope it works on your system. I'll be updating the Mikey in the store with this one just in case anyone else is experiencing similar problems. Please let me know if it worked.

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:44 PM

file_222239.jpg

Okay, okay here we goooo...just to make sure i loaded both dad and son together and i had dad remove son's shorts. Check it out! What the hay is that now?!!! Man can it get any worse!

seang ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:57 PM

Try loading Mikey first an then Michael, worked for me

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 4:02 PM

SEANG U R MY HERO!!! Got your email and it worked bro thanks. I noticed while copying your files to the Poser directory that your cr2 was a bit smaller than the one I bought. Dunno why that would make a difference but who cares - he aint got no holy stomach no more! LOL Thanks and if you come out with a female version I wanna be the first to know cuz I'll buy that one 2.

seang ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 4:35 PM

file_222240.jpg

Glad to be of help 'Bro'...

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:06 PM

Holy cow, Sean, he looks just like the kid who lives down the street from me (does he leave beer bottles on your virtual lawn if you buy him? :-> )

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:29 PM

file_222241.jpg

sean where can i get the bike, hat, and backpack? I hope they don't ban us from posting all these pics!

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 9:50 PM

Just remember that the ProPack service release has a problem finding Poser Pro if your Poser is from Metacreations rather than Curious Labs. Remember also that Poser has been associated with three different companies to my knowledge: 1.) Fractal Designs (I still have my 3 floppies for version 1 in my desk.) 2.) Metacreations 3.) Curious Labs.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 1:10 AM

Oh my He has Antrax! RUN!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.