Tue, Oct 22, 3:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: So, You Survived Halloween 2019...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 4:49 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 8:07 AM

Merry Christmas then! In my travels through the internet I run across many resources which I use in my Directory. Here's something which may really may you feel good. Remember though, this is a Resource Wiki for both POSER AND DAZ freebies! I haven't visited ALL of the links, and it's actually been awhile since I've tried, so I can't say for sure which links are still good. But post it here and let us know.

Poser and Daz Free Resources Wiki

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 6:16 AM

Halloween 2019 was just sad. As a kid I loved dressing up and draining the neighborhood of candy with my friends. As an adult I loved seeing the various costumes and being surprised by the various kid's personalities. This year, at my parent's house, we got 1 visit. Two kids who wore furry heads. I wonder if the old razor blade or drugs in the candy was just a hoax for more control.

On the plus side, I have a TON of snickers bars!

Thanks for the listing, some of them WILL lead to dead links but on the whole it's very useful and needed like your Poser Content Directory.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 7:21 AM

15 zombies - why are they all carrying candy - censored.png

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 8:07 AM

We had a LOT less kids than usual, and mostly either very young ones with mom, or teenagers. Of course the facts that a. we were the only decorated house on our section of the street, b. the street is pretty dark and c. the other side of the street had the cool haunted house didn't help, but I've never ever had to bring candy to work to distribute after Halloween.

The kid, on the other hand, scored nicely by ranging further in the neighborhood.

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 8:17 AM

As one of the persons contributing to the Wiki: we do try to mark dead links ... but we can't test all of them all the time. Sigh As for DazStudio/Poser: those for DazStudio are marked as being for DS. Have fun!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 8:21 AM

quietrob posted at 9:19AM Fri, 01 November 2019 - #4368852

Halloween 2019 was just sad. As a kid I loved dressing up and draining the neighborhood of candy with my friends. As an adult I loved seeing the various costumes and being surprised by the various kid's personalities. This year, at my parent's house, we got 1 visit. Two kids who wore furry heads. I wonder if the old razor blade or drugs in the candy was just a hoax for more control.

No!!!! People actually did that crap. I don't know why or if they still do, but PLEASE don't drop your guard. Inspect your kids candy, and just don't let them eat any fruit. If they want fruit great, but buy it at the grocers.

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 12:08 PM

@Kerya

thank you so much for all your efforts and time and hard work, btw. i've used those pages several times over the years and have found some real goodies i would've never known existed otherwise...

you, too, Earl! it's very thoughtful of you to continue to gather things for us and look after things the way you are :))

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 12:48 PM

I don't do Halloween so yay to it being over, I guess.

Now, I guess I get ready to figure out which Black Friday Wishlists take priority.

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 3:35 AM · edited Sat, 02 November 2019 at 3:37 AM

Her in Germany Halloween is and was not a big thing. But i have made the observation that the amount of visits to my door is dependend on if i have candy stored or not. Everytime i did not makt it to the supermarket to buy some sweets for the kids, they come as a crowd and i hand out some money, like 50 Cents each or so, to not let them down. Last year i was prepared, i had candy, something called Lakritz, very popular, some chocolates and Gummibärchen (if you don't know the latter, google it, a live without them is not a live!) And you probably guessed it... no one showed up. To test this hypothesis, we moved to another place this year and my wife purchased some candy without letting me know about it. It worked, no one visits our door, i from now on will call this the Blackbonner Theorie of correlation beween the amount of sweets in a home and the numbers of kids how knocks on this homes door. Or in short terms, the Halloween Contradiction.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.