Mon, Oct 21, 11:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:34 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Activation of PP11 on Two Machines

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:43 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:17 AM

A couple of questions regarding license activation for PP11.

I have two computers, a 32-bit and a 64-bit. The 32-bit has the latest PP11.1 on it for which I made the license permanent (at lease I went through the motions). The 32-bit version is only a back-up if something kills my 64-bit machine. Question: Will this 32-bit PP11 license remain permanent once Bondware takes over Poser completely?

My 64-bit machine will remain off-line (only online to download Poser updates). Therefore, I would also like the 64-bit PP11 license to also be permanent. Question: Can one license on two computers be made permanent? I will only be running Poser (off-line) on the 64-bit machine.

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2019 at 1:17 AM

I believe the 32 bit license will remain permanent. This was something upt o however Smith Micro had it set up and now they won't address any questions about Poser, it's licensing, or what the "Contingencies" they had to bypass the license server for owners if they sold Poser or went out of business were. Given that Bondware's 11.2 update is 64 bit only, I would not tinker with your 32 bit install or do anything with it that might over write or jeopardize it. My understanding is that Permanent installs do not/did not Phone Home any more to check status and as long as the machine still runs it should still work. 11.2 is a whole new license system and will not see your earlier 32 bit version on install. Technically what you propose should work if the new license server has an option for permanent license, but it is also not the intent Smith Micro had with the Permanent License option (though they never said having 2 permanent activation violated EULA, their server was set up and designed expressly to prevent it happening). I would recommend proceeding with Caution, or Email Jen Blake directly ask ask for for Bondware's blessing or denial of the intent. Given the state of 32 bit support, I personally can not see why it would be an issue.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.