Mon, Sep 9, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Anyone here watching - or has watched - Dark?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 9:36 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 6:13 AM

There's great potential for scenery, props and a lot of interesting renders. Moody lighting, creepy forests and steampunk-esque gadgets, along with a healthy dose of futuristic dystopian paranoia. There are a few models around, inspired by the show but in all honesty they ain't very accurate. I guess I'll have to make my own if I want something that looks right. Again. 😁

If you're not familiar with the show, it's a German production for Netflix, about a small town where a series of strange events happen at regular, 33 year intervals. Children disappear, animals die in strange circumstances and the local power supply suffers from mysterious outages. All this takes place against a backdrop of secrets, lies, hidden agendas and vendettas.

Not saying any more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet watched it.

It's part SF, part mystery and very, very good. Two seasons so far, with a third and final one in production.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 11:54 PM

I let my subscription lapse after I consumed all the new anime episodes of "Ghost in the Shell". I'm not much for horror, especially since I'm by myself these days. Although Back in the day. the wife made me watch religious scary movies like Stigmata and the Exorcist. I still like those. Horror movies should be shared for the best times. It sounds like perhaps I should find someone to watch it with and give it a try. How much is Netflix across the pond? It's like 10 bucks here and an 6 bucks if you want to share the subscription. That way your kids can watch Mr. Bean while you and your Queen take turns scaring each other.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 7:55 AM

It's £10.99 for unlimited screens here. According to XE.com, that equates to $13.93

My Store

My Gallery

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 10:52 AM

I'm german and i have seen the entire first season. I liked it very much. The time frame for the story is the 80s in Germany and all revolves around an atomic power plant and a little town near by. Born in the late 60s, i was a teenager in that time, like most of the characters in Dark. I can relate to them, it was like watching a part of my one history. I don't know if some of you know this, but this periode of time was full of fear and depression, because of a potential nuclear holocaust during the cold war here in europe. This feeling is very well captured and i would recommend Dark as a must-watch.
I have not seen models or scenes inspiriert by the series yet, but my favorit scenery was the bunker and the tech-chair-thing.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 1:08 PM

blackbonner posted at 6:05PM Sat, 02 November 2019 - #4368977

I'm german and i have seen the entire first season. I liked it very much. The time frame for the story is the 80s in Germany and all revolves around an atomic power plant and a little town near by. Born in the late 60s, i was a teenager in that time, like most of the characters in Dark. I can relate to them, it was like watching a part of my one history. I don't know if some of you know this, but this periode of time was full of fear and depression, because of a potential nuclear holocaust during the cold war here in europe. This feeling is very well captured and i would recommend Dark as a must-watch.
I have not seen models or scenes inspiriert by the series yet, but my favorit scenery was the bunker and the tech-chair-thing.

Fair to say that some of the time frame is the 1980s but much of the story is based in 2019.

Models wise, there are a couple of versions of the steampunk/clockwork time machine, none Poser ready, though and none, IMO, particularly accurate.

I agree with you about the bunker and chair; they'd be fairly easy to make for Poser, too.

My Store

My Gallery

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 2:26 PM

Its not that easy to talk about a movie or a TV-Series without giving to much away or to spoil the whole thing. Therefore i just talked about the 80s. The funny thing is, after i watched the show the first time, i was trying to recreate the enterance of the tunnel/bunker for a project of mine, but it turned out to difficult for my modelling skills.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2019 at 2:54 PM

blackbonner posted at 7:52PM Sat, 02 November 2019 - #4368996

Its not that easy to talk about a movie or a TV-Series without giving to much away or to spoil the whole thing. Therefore i just talked about the 80s. The funny thing is, after i watched the show the first time, i was trying to recreate the enterance of the tunnel/bunker for a project of mine, but it turned out to difficult for my modelling skills.

Doesn't necessarily have to involve spoilers. Many shows have different things happening in flashback, for example. A son can be reading his father's journal, a daughter can read her grandmother's diary. None of that gives anything away. 😃

My Store

My Gallery

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2019 at 1:26 AM

I have seen it through the end of Season 2. It's...different. It was just strange enough to keep me interested but honestly it did take a very long time to build up. I did like that device you speak of, thought it look really nice. I also liked that Globe handlight Jonas uses a lot, haven't seen anything like that around where I live.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.