Tue, Oct 22, 12:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: MAT questions about 'the adventurers'

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 6:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:49 AM

Hello, I just bought the adventurers from DAZ3d , along with the new mat files : http://store.daz3d.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZP1&Product_Code=ps_tx146b and I am having a problem. You can see on their site that the adventures with these mats, have a variety of looks and colors. When I apply the mats, I do not get a color change. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? They are all olive drab. I know it is something stupid, but I am at a loss. There are not any options when you select the clothing, either ( as in, not thumb wheel to turn to get various looks and colors.) and when I check under textures, there are not a variety of options to choose from there, either. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks , --Eryk the lost.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:17 PM

How to use the Adventures MAT files 1. Load Michael/Victoria 2. Make sure Michael/Victoria is selected. 3. Under Poses, Adventures MAT, apply the subdividing material pose to cover all the bare spots with material. There is one for Michael and one for Victoria - don't mix them! 4. Save the file. 5. Under Figures, Michaels Clothing, select the Adventures Clothes. Make sure that you click the Create New Figure check mark (the double check mark). 6. Save the file! 7. On the Figure menu, click Conform to, and select Figure one. The clothes should now fit. 8. Test render to see how things look. 9. Save the file. 10. Under Poses, Adventures MAT, apply the MAT pose (Citizen, Noble, or Royal). 11. Save the file. Now you can adjust the lights, add material to face, hair, poses, etc. Hope this helps. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:48 PM

Eryk, I usually get that drab green colour if i'm not paying attention and click the Michael MATs for Vicky or vice versus. As for Peggy's suggestions above, that is fine. BUT, youdo not need to apply the subdividing (cloth MATS) to the Mike or Vicky, using the package without the subdividing textures will give the outfits a different look as well. WSo I always apply the subdividers afterwards depending on what I am looking for. There won't be any dial selection for MAT Poses as they simply change textures on character files. A little note you will have to reconfomr the clothes on Victoria if you change the MATs because of the odd vicky cr2 thing.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:48 PM

file_222282.jpg

I just go into the materials screen and change the default colors. You'll notice that the outfits have brownish colors already on them. The texture maps are only in black and white (at least the one I have), so I just changed the base colors of the object to change the colors. Melanie

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:51 PM

Melanie, I think he bought Dmentia's MAT pack...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 7:58 PM

Oops, forgot to give credits. Naturally, the costume is Anton's (I love this costume!). The skin texture is Paco by quim2001 (here in the Marketplace), and the San Francisco Hair by Jim Burton (DAZ). Sorry for the slip up, guys, you deserve all the credit! Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 8:01 PM

Oops again, I thought he was talking about changing the basic colors. Just a blonde moment there! :) Melanie

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 8:45 PM

thanks everyone.. I will try out your suggestions and see what I can make of them. :) I just wish there was instructions with the DAZ stuff. Having the .exe installs is great, but does not seem to leave room for a nice, simple text help file, like most of you leave in your products, for us unlearned (is that a word??) Poser people. :) Thanks again... --Eryk

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 10:53 PM

exe files are nice in that it all goes where it belongs... but I'm still trying to find the sunglasses they had for free. I like to know where things end up. So, I can relate Eryk.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 4:28 AM

Do a File...Find on adventurers on your poser drive. I noticed that recent purchases from DAZ plop readme's into the Poser4 folder, the runtime folder, & here & there. I just found a couple of clutches of these "DAZ EasterEggs" squirreled away in a couple of folders last night from different products. I'm sure I saw an Adventurer's readme among them.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 10:00 AM

Ms. Outlaw, when you install a DAZ product, the last screen that comes up in your install routine tells you where to find the items you just installed. If you can't find a readme, try running install again and it will tell you how to find the items in your Poser files. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.