Thu, Oct 3, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 3 on Computer Chronicles 1999

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 2:05 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:30 PM

I was enjoying some vintage computer reviews and found this Poser 3 demo Youtube clip

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 3:19 AM

It was interesting to see what Poser looked like back then. I got in with Poser 8 in 2010. Before that I had only seen some other software that my boss had which wasn't anywhere near this. I don't know what it was called, but it wasn't Poser or DAZ...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 12:07 PM

My first exposure to Poser was version 5, so I remember that old UI. I didn't like it, and had problems with Poser back then, so stopped using it until I came back with version 9, which had the much easier to use newer UI.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 3:23 PM

Now this brings back memories, not all fond ones though, 'cause I hated the giant icons and GUI that Poser had back then. It was still fun and the moment I realized it had the "dancing baby" I knew that Poser was gonna be awesome even with the ugly as sin interface.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 4:10 PM · edited Fri, 06 December 2019 at 4:15 PM

Oh Lord... that laptop is almost the size of an engine-block!

Now I'm feeling all nostalgic, dammit.

(My first go was with Poser 4, in 2001)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 8:57 PM

OMG, that screen resolution is so low! They didn't have 4K, they had 4p.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 9:04 PM

LOL - 1280x1024 was the best you could hope for back then...

(I still remember when I shelled out an obscene amount of money to get a 25" NEC MultiSync monitor just so I could crank up the rez and get some desktop real estate. Damned thing weighed a ton...

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 10:38 PM

My first experience with Poser. Though I really began to appreciate it with P4.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2019 at 12:13 PM

Poser 3 was my first version and I remember being so excited when I found out I could actually edit .bum files with Corel Photopaint, ah - those were great days, I sort of miss those days, when it was a real community and not an adjunct to a store front.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 6:35 PM

Life was simple back then. Rendo was different and simple back then too, a real joy to visit and so many resources were for free back then. I've still got Poser 3 CD's and CD with tons of stuff for it from those days. Poser 3 wasn't my first Poser though, that was Poser 1. I used that for posing my models for comics. Then Poser 2 came, then 3 which was really usable for more than just posing. Bryce3D, later Vue Esprit. After Poser 3 things started changing and the money started rolling and by the time Poser 6 was released that once so thriving community had been replaced by content driven merchants. Shame, I miss those days.

Looking back at all of this I can end with a positive and fun thought..... I've come full circle again, all that Poser is used for these days by is what it has been designed for originally..... posing of characters for my Artworks and Illustrations. Haven't made a decent render in years, but Poser still serves me well.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Banaman ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 8:39 PM

I thought because you were going back in time I was wondering what happened to pappy. I am doing. some period renders in biblical times and looked for some of pappys stuff and its unavailable. Does anyone know where he is?

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2019 at 3:09 AM

Banaman posted at 10:01AM Tue, 31 December 2019 - #4375032

I thought because you were going back in time I was wondering what happened to pappy. I am doing. some period renders in biblical times and looked for some of pappys stuff and its unavailable. Does anyone know where he is?<

Don't think you can get his stuff anymore. You can thank Renderosity and Smith Micro for that. Rendo had the policy that if something doesn't sell for a period of time, it gets removed from the store. Thanks to that policy, we lost a lot of great and very special poser content, never to be returned. Uploading items to a different store is a huge hassle, most of us just aren't bothered to do that anymore. Smith Micro closed a Content Paradise which was a huge refuge for great Poser content that was removed or rejected by Rendo. Consider it gone forever. I literary have 100's of content I created that sold decently at Content Paradise, but it's a huge headache to move it to a different store. Each store has it's own rules and regulations and promo render sizes. For me it would mean months of work to get it all moved to another store and I have other commitments to fullfill, so I lack the time. I'm guessing most of us are in that position and just moved on..... while leaving collections of content untouched on our backup drives.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.