Thu, Sep 19, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser scene collection

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 4:24 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 6:51 PM

My computer hard drive had a major melt down which cause me to have to install another "C" drive. I always have a back up of my scene collection so that when I reinstalled everything, including moving the scene collections back to the new "C" drive., Poser will not seem to recognize the folders. I have to set here for hours telling it where every little obj is, every material, even when they are all in the same folder as the pz3 is in and the back up that are created by poser. Each time it searches the main poser runtime, not the correct folder. So what can I do so that for a large scene such as My tea houseMy Dream House I do not have to direct it back to the same folder time and time again? Also poser now will not collect the whole scene and I literally have to copy almost every obj and material to the collection folder.

Dive into Fantasy and Ride the Waves

I have many scenes in my head, but non of those are on paper.
I have yet to learn to bring those to life.
The ones that I give life, are not those I see

ironsoul ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 7:02 AM

From my experience poser remembers the location of the resources used when the scene was created/saved and does not rescan the runtimes. Is it possible the folder names of the runtimes on the new drive differ in name from from the original ones? For textures its possible to check the folders being scanned as they are display when attempting to load a texture (there should be a drop down box next to the file select option).

structure ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 10:01 AM · edited Sun, 08 December 2019 at 10:02 AM
Forum Coordinator

what is the location of your runtime? please see this thread - it may help.

Locked Out

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 12:05 PM

file names is the same, hard drive name is the same, computer name is the same. poser had to be reinstalled with hd failure. but yea the infor should have been in the pz 3 file

structure ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 12:39 PM
Forum Coordinator

it may be that you need to move your runtime depending on it's location.

Locked Out

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 1:58 PM

the main runtime library is c :/ fiend/poser/poser 11. Though all of my other runtimes is on G drive which is a runtime for every type of runtime. Models, architecture, midfield, furniture, etc. My scenes that I create are in two locations. One is fiend, silo, tea house collection, etc for different collections. also my old collections are on N drive scene collections, which can be copied to any location and checked with win merge. I build obj's constantly to create scenes which is always in silo. Once all the objects and material is moved to one location, I carry it into poser to create the scene. Then to try and sell the objs in the scene, I use posers scene collector to ensure everything is correct. That is now going haywire.

structure ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 4:52 PM · edited Sun, 08 December 2019 at 5:24 PM
Forum Coordinator

I will pass this to the devs to take a look at.

Locked Out

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 5:47 PM

thanks

structure ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 6:20 PM
Forum Coordinator

I have edited the script - this SHOULD work.

Locked Out

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2019 at 3:40 PM

you say this should help, is that in creating new collections, or recovering old collections? Either way thank you

structure ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2019 at 4:38 PM
Forum Coordinator

It should make the script work properly - so in creating new collections.

Locked Out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.