Wed, Sep 18, 2:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:42 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Virus problem with free stuff ??

martial ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2019 at 10:41 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 10:23 PM

Recently, when i try to download some free stuff, BitDefender total security dispay a message like this (see capture screen) . indicate that a possible infected link Someone else have seen it?ScreenShot001.jpg

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2019 at 3:30 PM

Not sure why...seems it may be just an over-eager security program. 😄 the links to freestuff are on Amazon S3 and that is considered a pop-up which if you have pop-ups blocked it may give an error. The page is safe. 😄

martial ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2019 at 3:39 PM

Thanks I have the last version of Bitdefender I will check about pop-up

Lothar ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2019 at 3:10 AM

Same with me here. Also bitdefender. Any news about this?

martial ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2019 at 6:43 AM

No news

It is not a pop-up stop by BitDefender

BitDefender is suppose to be the best one according specialsed sites

For now , i stop my downloads from Renderosity

I prefer to be prudent until i know what happens

martial ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2019 at 11:36 AM

I have tried agiain somes of the free stuffs download links Some free stuff links seems ok , others are blocked by BitDefender

Lothar ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2019 at 12:54 PM

Same with me... strange

KageRyu ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 10:26 PM

It is likely a false positive. I have never had any of my downloads from Renderosity scan infected. If you are using default values with installed AV/Security software you will get a lot of false positives and security warnings for numerous activities or sites. A few have even flagged ALL Amazon domains as dangerous or insecure for one reason or another - whether accurate or not.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Lothar ( ) posted Sat, 29 February 2020 at 1:48 AM

Any tips about settings in bitdefender to get access to the free stuff under aws again?

KageRyu ( ) posted Sat, 29 February 2020 at 2:43 AM

I do not use Bit Defender, but perhaps someone else might have some advice. Otherwise I would do some searches on reliable tech sites for help customizing it to reduce false positives or site blocks. Tom's hardware used to be a good site for such advice, but it has been years since I last used it.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.